Skincare professionals love to recommend the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Exfoliating Powder. And we totally get why why this vegan exfoliator has won so many hearts.
I bought a smaller version of this powder and I have been using it for 3 weeks (around 3 times a week). Here are my pros and cons of this product.
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Specs
Here’s a short overview of the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant.
Type: chemical enzyme exfoliator
Exfoliating ingredients: papain, rice enzymes, salicylic acid, phytic acid
Other ingredients: white tea, licorice, colloidal oatmeal, allantoin
Promises: removes surface debris, smoothes and brightens the skin, evens skin tone
Features: vegan, cruelty-free, fragrance-free
Skin type: normal, oily, dry, combination, acne-prone
I’ve always wanted to try out enzyme exfoliators, especially ones made with Papain – a natural enzyme found in papaya fruit. It’s an effective exfoliator that also lightens the skin and has anti-inflammatory benefits to combat acne.
I didn’t find the concentrations of salicylic and phytic acid in this product but I’m happy both an AHA and BHA acids were included. Both are great at melting away dead skin cells without damaging the skin. So you will get a nice double effect.
It’s great that the enzymes and acids in this vegan exfoliator meet a variety of soothing ingredients such as colloidal oatmeal and allantoin. That means you should not experience any redness or irritation after using this product.
Is Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Good?
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant is one of the best exfoliators I have used. My skin has never been so soft and silky, and you can feel it right after first use.
This vegan exfoliator is effective in getting rid of dead skin cells, yet it does not irritate the skin. On the contrary, it improves your skin tone and gives you a nice glow.
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Pros
Here are the best things about the Daily Microfoliant.
- Skin is so smooth: The smoothness and softness of the skin is the best part of this exfoliator. Your skin feels as nice as after a professional treatment.
- Skin feels very clean: You really feel how this exfoliator removes debris and excess oil. The skin feels really clean and fresh.
- Skin gets brighter: I didn’t notice the brightening effect right away but you will see it after using it a few times. My skin tone has definitely improved.
- It’s non-abrasive: Enzymes and chemical acids are so much better than physical scrubs. This exfoliator will not irritate or break your skin.
- The powder lasts a long time: The powder formula really economic and the treatment feels fresh every time. This exfoliator has also a refill available.
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Cons
Here is what I do not like about the Microfoliant.
- Skin feels a bit tight after using: My face does feel a bit dry and tight after using it, so you will need to follow it with a good moisturizer. I would not recommend this exfoliator for very dry skin. At least not for daily use.
- It’s messy to use: Compared to liquid exfoliants, this one is a bit of work. You always need to measure and mix the formula, so it takes a bit more time.
- It’s expensive: It’s a high-quality product with great ingredients but $64 is quite a luxury price point. Luckily, the powder lasts a long time.
- It doesn’t help with blackheads: It doesn’t have the same effect on blackheads for me as some other exfoliators, especially the 2% BHA Exfoliant from Paula’s Choice.
FAQ About Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
Yes. It is a 100% vegan product.
Apply half a teaspoon of the powder onto your wet hands. Rub it in your hands, so it forms a creamy paste. Apply it onto your face avoiding the eye area. Rinse.
This product is definitely worth it. Skin feels so smooth and soft after this exfoliator.
Microfoliant is good for acne because it unclogs pores and reduces inflammation. I don’t think it’s strong enough to get rid of severe acne but it definitely prevents it by keeping the skin surface clean and uncongested.
Why Trust Us
Reviewing vegan exfoliators is important to us in Vegan Avenue. Especially since some exfoliators are known to irritate and break the skin. That is why we personally try out all the bestselling exfoliators such as the Daily Microfoliant and write from our personal experience.
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant is a vegan exfoliator that leaves your skin as soft as a baby’s bum. It has great ingredients and it helps most with uneven texture.
Having dry combination skin, I won’t be using this exfoliator every day but I love to give myself a facial a few times a week. It’s also great how this exfoliator brightens the skin over time.
Compared to Paula’s Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant, this one does not do as much for blackheads and blemishes. But the silky smooth feel makes it worth a while.