I was very excited to try the Grown Alchemist Vanilla Orange Peel Hand Cream. Next to Aesop hand care products, it’s one of the most luxurious vegan hand creams I’ve encountered. At least when judging by its high price, sleek packaging, and clean ingredient list.
I’ve been using this cream for almost two months now – not daily but occasionally whenever my hands feel dry. While I personally love the cream, I’ve also become aware of some of its shortcomings. So here is my honest review of this vegan hand cream.
Grown Alchemist Vanilla Orange Peel Hand Cream Specs
Vanilla Orange Peel Hand Cream is a bestselling hand cream from British-based skincare brand Grown Alchemist. Both the brand and this cream are PETA-certified vegan and cruelty-free.
The vegan cream is designed to moisturize, soothe, and soften dry or cracked skin. The cream also claims to have anti-aging benefits by toning the skin and making it more elastic.
This vegan hand cream uses lots of vitamin-rich plant oils and botanicals such as:
- Rose Petal Oil
- Rosehip Oil
- Camellia Oil
- Sea Buckthorn Oil
- Grape Seet Oil
- Wheat Germ Oil
- Orange Peel Oil
- Vitamin E
- Vegan Glycerin
The ingredient list looks fantastic and gives a good sense of why it is not the cheapest hand cream out there. Grown Alchemist is all about clean bioactive ingredients to keep the skin healthy and youthful. So let’s see if their hand cream has the magic.
Is Grown Alchemist Vanilla Orange Peel Hand Cream Good?
To cut to the chase: is this a good hand cream? Yes. It has become my favorite vegan hand cream. The texture is light and non-sticky, it absorbs within seconds and your hands will get a good drink of hydration. It also nourishes your cuticles and smells amazing.
While it does the trick to my hands, I would not recommend this hand cream for very dry, cracked, and chaffed hands. It’s not greasy enough to properly moisturize very dehydrated skin and lock in enough moisture for the cracks to heal.
Pros Of Grown Alchemist Vanilla Orange Peel Hand Cream
Here’s what I like about the Vanilla Orange Peel Hand Cream.
- It’s nongreasy: My favorite thing about this vegan hand cream is that it is not sticky or greasy at all. It’s a very lightweight lotion that absorbs fast.
- It hydrates deeply: It gets deep into your skin and gives your hands a nice hydrated glow. Hands that feel dry or tight feel instantly comfortable.
- It nourishes nails and cuticles: As it’s rich in omegas, flavonoids, and vitamins, this vegan hand cream also takes care of your nails and cuticles.
- It makes the skin softer: The cream makes hands feel velvety smooth and soft. You feel it right after applying and also over time.
- It smells great: I’m not much for scented skincare but I love this combination of sweet vanilla and fresh orange peel. It’s so soothing and balanced, not artificial at all.
- It uses natural ingredients: This vegan hand cream does not use any harsh additives or chemicals. It’s mainly made from powerful botanical extracts and oils.
- Safe packaging: I prefer hand creams with a screw cap so they won’t explode inside your handbag. The aluminum tube is also high-quality.
- The brand is vegan: Grown Alchemist is vegan, cruelty-free, and certified by PETA. It’s always nice to support fully vegan brands.
Cons Of Grown Alchemist Vanilla Orange Peel Hand Cream
Here’s what I do not like about the Vanilla Orange Peel Hand Cream:
- It’s a bit watery: the consistency of this vegan hand cream is super lightweight, even a bit watery. So do not squeeze the tube too hard.
- It doesn’t offer long-lasting hydration: Since the cream is so lightweight, you will need to reapply it during the day. Especially if you have dry hands.
- It’s not enough for cracked hands: Though this product promises to help cracked hands, I do not think it’s powerful enough for this. Cracked hands will need something much greasier to really protect the skin and lock in hydration.
- It includes alcohol: For some reason, this vegan hand cream includes plant alcohol. Super sensitive and eczema-prone hands should be careful.
- Not everybody likes the scent: Some people find the scent a bit overpowering.
- It was quite expensive: 24 dollars is quite steep for a hand cream.
- It’s hard to find: Grown Alchemist products are not available in many stores, especially in America. You can only buy this cream through Amazon and from their website.
FAQ About Grown Alchemist Vanilla Orange Peel Hand Cream
Yes. The hand cream is vegan. In fact, all Grown Alchemist products are vegan.
Grown Alchemist Vanilla Orange Peel Hand Cream is definitely worth it. It absorbs well, gives nice hydration to your hands and cuticles, and smells great.
You can buy the cream on Amazon or through the company’s website.
Why Trust Us
Hand cream is a product that almost everyone uses. Thus, our goal at Vegan Avenue has been to try out as many vegan hand creams as possible to help our readers find the best creams for themselves.
Our review of the Grown Alchemist Vanilla Orange Peel Hand Cream is independently written and has not been incentivized by the company in any way. Read more about how we review products and brands.
If your hands need a daily moisture boost, I can confidently recommend the Grown Alchemist Vanilla Orange Peel Hand Cream. I do not like hand creams that are too greasy, so I would always choose a lighter lotion like this one. Even if it means reapplying it during the day.
While this hand cream won’t be enough to relieve severely cracked or chaffed hands, it gives deep hydration and nourishment to dry hands. It uses high-quality botanical ingredients to feed your skin with fatty acids, antioxidants, and vitamins.
If you are not a fan of vanilla or orange, this vegan hand cream is also available in other scents such as Persian Rose & Argan Extract or Cactus Flower & Cedarwood.
See our other vegan hand creams here.