Cosrx is a Korean skincare brand founded in 2013 by Jun Sang Hun. The skincare brand has won many global beauty awards and is now sold in more than 146 countries in the world. They are based in South Korea. In 2021 Amorepacific acquired 38.4% of Cosxr. Cosrx’s website is https://www.cosrx.com.
Cosrx brand name comes from the words cosmetics and RX (prescription). The skincare brand focuses on using effective active ingredients and clean formulas for every skin problem. But is Cosrx also vegan?
Is Cosrx Vegan?
No. Cosrx is not fully vegan. Some of their products contain animal-derived ingredients such as snail mucin. However, the majority of its products are vegan. Cosrx does not test on animals but they are not certified cruelty-free by any external organizations.
Cosrx Vegan Overview
- Is a vegan brand: no
- Uses non-vegan ingredients: yes
- Has a vegan selection: yes
- Tests on animals: no
- Sold where animal testing is mandatory: no
- Has a parent company that tests on animals: Partly owned by Amorepacific
Does Cosrx Have Official Vegan Certifications?
No. Cosrx is not a certified vegan brand.
Has Cosrx Indicated Going Vegan?
No. Cosrx has not indicated going fully vegan. However, Cosrx offers a long list of vegan skincare products.
Does Cosrx Test On Animals?
No. Cosrx does not test on animals. In addition, Cosrx Cosmetics is not sold in physical stores where animal testing is required by law.
However, Cosrx has stated that they ship their products to China through an e-commerce shop. As Cosrx does not sell its products in China’s retail stores, they are also not required to test on animals.
Is Cosrx Certified Cruelty-Free?
No, Cosrx is not certified cruelty-free by any official cruelty-free organization. However, the skincare brand states its cruelty-free status clearly on its website. They are partly owned by Amorepacific which is not cruelty-free.
Who Owns Cosxr?
Cosxr is privately owned. In 2021 Amorepacific acquired a 38.4% stake in Cosxr. Amorepacific is one of the largest cosmetics companies in the world. Amorepacific is not cruelty-free, and thus Cosxr is partially owned by a non-cruelty-free parent company.
Which Cosrx Products Are Vegan?
The Korean skincare brand Cosrx is not 100% vegan. However, it has a lot of vegan options. Therefore, we have made a full list of Cosrx’s vegan products below.
List of Cosrx Vegan Products
- Low-pH Good Morning Cleanser
- Hydpium Triple Hyaluronic Moisturizing Cleanser
- AC Collection Calming Solution Body Cleanser
- AC Collection Calming Foam Cleanser
- Pure Fit Cica Cleanser
- Pure Fit Cica Low pH Cleansing Pad
- Pure Fit Cica Smoothing Cleansing Balm
- Pure Fit Cica Clear Cleansing Oil
- Pure Fit Cica Creamy Foam Cleanser
- Ultimate Nourishing Rice Spa Overnight Mask
- Pure Fit Cica Calming True Sheet Mask
- Hydrium Triple Hyaluronic Water Wave Sheet Mask
- Low pH Good Night Soft Peeling Gel
- AC Collection Blemish Care Sheet Mask
- Balancium Comfort Ceramide Soft Cream Sheet Mask
Vegan Toners And Liquids:
- AC Collection Calming Liquid Mild
- AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid
- AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner
- Centella Water Alcohol-Free Toner
- Hydrium Watery Toner
- Two in One Poreless Power Liquid
- Refresh AHA BHA Vitamin C, Daily Toner
- Pure Fit Cica Toner
- Balancium Comfort Ceramide Cream Mist
Vegan Serums and Treatments:
- AC Collection Ultimate Spot Cream
- Acne Pimple Master Patch
- Balancium B5 D-panthenol Ampoule
- BHA Blackhead Power Liquid
- Blackhead Remover Mr.RX Kit
- Galactomyces 95 Tone Balancing Essence
- Hyaluronic Acid Hydra Power Essence
- Hydrium Centella Aqua Soothing Ampoule
- Hydrium Triple Hyaluronic Moisture Ampoule
- One Step Original Clear Pad
- Pure Fit Cica Serum
- Pure Fit Cica Powder
- Master Patch Intensive
- AC Collection Acne Patch
- Poreless Pad
- Cica Pad
- Refresh AHA BHA Vitamin C Lip Plumper
- The Vitamin C 23 Serum
- The Hyaluronic Acid 3 Serum
Vegan Moisturizers, Gels, And Creams:
- Aloe Soothing Sun Cream SPF50+
- Balancium B5 D-panthenol Cream
- Centella Blemish Cream
- Hyaluronic Acid Intensive Cream
- Hydrium Green Tea Aqua Soothing Gel Cream
- Hydrogel Very Simple Pack
- Oil-Free Ultra Moisturizing Lotion
- Balancium Comfort Ceramide Hand Cream Light
- The Retinol 0.1 Cream
- The Retinol 0.5 Oil
- Vitamin E Vitalizing Sunscreen SPF 50+
Discontinued Or Older Vegan Products From Cosrx
These vegan skincare products below are not available in Cosrx’s main store anymore. However, some e-commerce stores or retail stores still carry them.
- Low pH First Cleansing Milk Gel
- Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle Cleanser
- Aqua Cooling Facial Mist
- Galactomyces Alcohol-Free Toner
- Light Fit Real Water Toner To Cream
- Low pH PHA Barrier Mist
- Centella Blemish Ampule
- Blemish Cover Cushion
- One Step Green Hero Calming Pad
- Perfect Sebum Centella Mineral Powder
- Real Fit Retinol Serum
- Real Fit Vitamin E Serum
- Aloe Vera Oli-free Moisture Cream
- Natural BHA Skin Returning Emulsion
FAQ About Is Cosrx Vegan
No. Cosrx is not fully vegan but the majority of its products are vegan. Cosrx does not test on animals but they are not certified cruelty-free by any external organizations.
No. Cosrx snail mucin is not vegan.
Yes. Cosrx is a Korean skincare brand founded by Jun Sang Hun.
Yes, Cosrx is cruelty-free. Although Cosrx is not certified cruelty-free by any official cruelty-free organization, the skincare brand states its cruelty-free status clearly on its website.
Cosrx is an award-winning Korean skincare brand that is well-known all over the world. The skincare brand focuses on active ingredients and effective formulas. However, Cosrx is not a 100% vegan brand but still has a long list of vegan skincare products.
We hope that the Korean brand Cosrx will take on the goal of going fully vegan one day. Until then keep checking in on Vegan Avenue for an updated vegan product list.
See also: Best Vegan Skincare Brands