Drunk Elephant is one of the highest-rated skincare brands of recent years.
With a fresh approach, sleek packaging, and undeniably cool name, the brand is gaining a cult status fast. People are seeing results and keep coming back for more.
Not hung up on natural vs synthetic, Drunk Elephant chooses ingredients based on biocompatibility – things that benefit skin’s health.
By doing so, Drunk Elephant avoids these 6 ingredients with great passion: essential oils, drying alcohols, silicones, chemical sunscreens, fragrances/dyes, and SLS.
Though we are intrigued, we would also like to know: is Drunk Elephant vegan? The answer to that question is “almost”.
Is Drunk Elephant Vegan?
Drunk Elephant is not 100% vegan. Some of their products include beeswax, honey, and acetyl glucosamine from seashells.
While not fully vegan, Drunk Elephant has many vegan products. All of their body and hair products are vegan-friendly along with the majority of their skincare.
Drunk Elephant is also cruelty-free and does not conduct animal testing at any stage of product development.
However, it is important to note that Drunk Elephant is owned by Shisheido – a company that does tests on animals and uses animal ingredients.
Which Drunk Elephant Products Are Vegan?
These Drunk Elephant products ARE VEGAN and do not include any animal-derived ingredients:
- All bath & body products
- A-Passioni Retinol Cream
- Bora Barrier Repair Cream
- Cocomino Glossing Shampoo
- Cocomino Marula Cream Conditioner
- B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum
- B-Goldi Bright Drops
- Beste No 9 Jelly Cleanser
- C-Tango Multivitamin Eye Cream
- D-Bronzi Anti-Pollution Sunshine Serum
- E-Rase Milki Micellar Water
- F-Balm Electrolyte Waterfacial
- JuJu Exfoliating Bar
- Lala Retro Whipped Cream
- O-Bloos Rosi Glow Drops
- Protini Polypeptide Cream
- Protini Powerpeptide Resurf Serum
- Shaba Complex Eye Serum
- Slaai Makeup-Melting Butter Cleanser
- Sweet Biome Fermented Sake Spray
- T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum
- T.L.C. Happi Scalp Scrub
- T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial Mask
- Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil
- Wild Marula Tangle Spray
Which Drunk Elephant Products Are Not Vegan?
These Drunk Elephant products are NOT VEGAN and contain animal-derived ingredients:
- C-Firma Day Serum (contains acetyl glucosamine from seashells)
- Umbra Sheer Physical Defense SPF 30 (contains acetyl glucosamine)
- Umbra Tinte Physical Defense (contains acetyl glucosamine)
- Lippe Balm ( contains beeswax)
- Pekee Bar (contains honey)
- Silkamino hair products (contain hydrolyzed silk)
Frequently Asked Questions About Drunk Elephant
Drunk Elephant is not a vegan brand but it has a wide variety of vegan products.
No, Drunk Elephant is a cruelty-free brand and does not test on animals.
These Drunk Elephant products are NOT vegan: C-Firma Day Serum, Umbra Sheer Physical Defense SPF 30, Umbra Tinte Physical Defense, Lippe, and Pekee Bar.
Yes, the Slaai butter is vegan and free of animal ingredients.
Yes, all Drunk Elephants hair products are vegan, including the Cocomino shampoo.
Drunk Elephant is a great skincare brand with a strong vegan selection. While we wish the brand would stop using animal-derived products altogether, we are glad that vegans can still enjoy most of their products.
We love Drunk Elephant’s Cocomino vegan shampoo and their Slaai vegan makeup cleansing balm. We only hope they will keep adding more vegan-friendly products to their selection.