Garnier is a well-known beauty brand that offers a wide range of affordable and high-quality skincare and hair care products from shampoos, and conditioners to hair dyes.
The brand has been around since 1904 and is based in France. It was then founded by French businessman Alfred Amour Garnier. Today, Garnier is owned by the parent company L’Oréal. Garnier’s website is https://www.garnierusa.com.
A lot of ingredients Garnier uses in its products are plant-based. Such as aloe vera, shea butter, jojoba oil, argan oil, tea tree, and green tea. But is Garnier also vegan?
Is Garnier Vegan?
No, Garnier is not 100% vegan. However, Garnier has a lot of vegan products. The company is Leaping Bunny and PETA-certified cruelty-free but they do use animal ingredientssuch as beeswax, lanolin and honey in some of its beauty products.
Garnier Vegan Overview
Is a vegan brand: no
Uses non-vegan ingredients: yes
Has a vegan selection: yes
Tests on animals: no
Sold where animal testing is mandatory: no
Has a parent company that tests on animals: yes (L’Oréal)
Does Garnier Have Official Vegan Certifications?
No, Garnier is not certified vegan by any official organisations such as PETA or The Vegan Society.
Does Garnier Test On Animals?
No, Garnier does not test on animals. In addition, Garnier is not sold where animal testing is required by law.
Is Garnier Certified Cruelty-Free?
Yes, Garnier is certified cruelty-free by PETA and Leaping Bunny.
Has Garnier Indicated Going Vegan?
No. Garnier has not indicated going fully vegan. However, a lot of its products are free from animal-derived ingredients.
Who Owns Garnier?
Garnier is owned by the cosmetics giant L’Oreal. L’Oreal is not a cruelty-free company and does tests on animals in some parts of the world. Therefore, Garnier is owned by a non-cruelty-free parent company.
Which Garnier Products Are Vegan?
Garnier has a range of vegan products that include skincare, haircare, and styling products. However, not all of its products are vegan. Therefore, we have made a full list of Garnier’s vegan products below.
It is important to mention that the full list of Garnier’s vegan products is created based on the brand’s own labeling. This means that the list below contains all vegan products that Garnier has marked as vegan on its website. Therefore, Garner may have more vegan products that haven’t received the vegan label yet.
Full List Of Garnier’s Vegan Products
Vegan Cleansers And Makeup Removers
- Micellar Cleansing Water With Hyaluronic Acid + Aloe
- Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1 Waterproof Makeup Remover
- Micellar Cleansing Water With Vitamin C
- Micellar Cleansing Jelly Water with Charcoal
- Amino-Berry Ultra Soothing Cream Cleanser with Amino Acids + Super Berry Blend
- Hyalu-Melon Smoothing Milky Washable Cleanser
- Pinea-C Brightening Gel Washable Cleanser
- Canna-B Pore Perfecting 3-in-1 Cleanser + Exfoliator + Mask
Vegan Serums And Treatments:
- Retinol-Berry Super Smoothing 3 in 1 Serum Cream with Retinol + Super Berry Blend
- Canna-B Pore Perfecting 3 in 1 Serum Cream with Niacinamide + Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil
- Hyalu-Melon Replumping 3 in-1 Serum Cream with Hyaluronic Acid + Watermelon
- Pinea-C Brightening 3 in-1 serum cream with Vitamin C + Pineapple
- Hyalu-Melon Replumping Serum Mask 5 Minute Sheet Mask with Hyaluronic Acid + Watermelon
- Pinea-C Brightening Serum Mask 5 Minute Sheet Mask with Vitamin C + Pineapple
- Kale-B Balancing Serum Mask 5 Minute Sheet Mask with Niacinamide + Kale
- Hyalu-Aloe Super Hydrating 3 in 1 Serum Gel with Hyaluronic Acid + Aloe Vera
- Soothing Facial Mist with Rose Water
Vegan Hair Dyes:
- Oat Delicacy Softening Shampoo Bar
- Ginger Recovery Strengthening Shampoo Bar
- Coco & Aloe Vera Hydrating Sulfate Free Shampoo Bar
- Pure Clean Shampoo
- Grow Strong Shampoo
- Sleek & Shine Shampoo
- Black Charcoal & Nigella Flower Oil Rebalancing Shampoo
- Pure Moisture Shampoo
- Grow Strong Thickening Shampoo
- Plumping Treat Shampoo + Watermelon Extract
- Damage Repairing Treat Shampoo + Papaya Extract
- Smoothing Shampoo with Coconut Oil & Cocoa Butter
- Smoothing Treat Shampoo + Avocado Extract
Vegan Hair Conditioners:
- Damage Repairing Treat Conditioner + Papaya Extract
- Smoothing Treat Conditioner + Avocado Extract
- Curl Co-Wash
- Curl Nourish Conditioner
- Triple Nutrition Conditioner
- Pure Clean Conditioner
- Grow Strong Conditioner
- Sleek & Shine Conditioner
- Black Charcoal & Nigella Flower Oil Rebalancing Conditioner
- Pure Moisture Conditioner
- Grow Strong Thickening Conditioner
- Plumping Treat Conditioner + Watermelon Extract
Vegan Hair Treatments:
- Curl Stretch Pudding
- Grow Strong 10-In-1 Leave-In Treatment
- Plumping Treat 3-In-1 Hair Mask + Watermelon Extract
Vegan Hair Styling Products:
- Brilliantine Shine Glossing Spray
- Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk
- Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist
- Curl Shape Defining Spray Gel
- Curl Scrunch Controlling Gel
- Curl Construct Creation Mousse
- Pure Clean Detangler
FAQ About Is Garnier Vegan
No, Garnier is not a 100% vegan brand. However, Garnier has a lot of vegan products that are clearly labeled.
Garnier is not a 100% vegan brand. However, Garnier has a lot of vegan products that are clearly labeled. You can find Garnier’s vegan products by looking at their packaging. If it has “vegan” written on it, it is indeed vegan. Most of Garnier’s vegan products are also marked on its website.
Yes. Garnier is cruelty-free. The company is also Leaping Bunny and PETA-certified cruelty-free but they do use animal ingredients in some of its beauty products. Therefore, Garnier is not entirely vegan.
Garnier’s vegan micellar waters are Micellar Cleansing Water With Hyaluronic Acid + Aloe, Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1 Waterproof Makeup Remover, Micellar Cleansing Water With Vitamin C, and Micellar Cleansing Jelly Water with Charcoal.
Yes. Garnier Olia is vegan since it does not contain any animal-derived ingredients, and it has not been tested on animals.
Garnier is a popular beauty and haircare brand that offers affordable and effective beauty products like shampoos, conditioners, and all related to skin care. While Garnier is not a 100% vegan brand, it does have a range of vegan products that are clearly labeled.
We hope that Garnier will take on the goal of going fully vegan one day. Until then keep checking in on Vegan Avenue for an updated vegan product list.