Paula’s Choice is the go-to brand for effective, targeted skincare. The Seattle brand rose to fame thanks to relying on peer-reviewed studies that inform skincare formulas that truly work.
Founded by an inspiring businesswoman Paula Begoun – who by the looks of it does not age at all – the brand keeps winning awards across all skincare categories.
Paula’s Choice is best known for their cult-favorite BHA Liquid Exfoliant and Retinol Treatment but the company has so many more skincare products worth exploring.
We’d be happy to trust our skin in Paula’s hands but is Paula’s Choice vegan?
Is Paula’s Choice Vegan?
Paula’s Choice is not fully vegan but it has many vegan products. The company is Leaping Bunny-certified cruelty-free but they do use animal ingredients in some of their skincare.
The non-vegan ingredients of Paula’s Choice skincare include lanolin, cholesterol, beeswax, lactoperoxidase, silk, acetyl glocusamine, and sea whip extract.
While we wish Paula’s Choice would eventually phase out animal ingredients altogether, we are happy that at least 3/4 of its products are currently vegan-friendly.
It is important to note that Paula’s Choice was acquired by Unilever – a company that is neither vegan nor cruelty-free. However, that has not changed the cruelty-free policy of Paula’s Choice.
You can buy Paula’s Choice on Sephora, Dermstore, Amazon, and their Official Site.
Which Paula’s Choice Products Are Vegan?
It can be difficult to find Paula’s Choice vegan products since none of their products are marked vegan. To save you some time, here is the full list of Paula’s Choice vegan products.
Full List Of Paula’s Choice Vegan Products
These Paula’s Choice products below are all vegan:
- 1% Retinol Booster
- 10% Azelaic Acid Booster
- 10% Niacinamide Booster
- C15 Super Booster
- C25 Super Booster
- Hyaluronic Acid Booster
- Redness Relief 1% BHA Lotion Exfoliant
- Redness Relief Cleanser For Normal To Dry Skin
- Redness Relief Cleanser For Normal To Oily Skin
- Redness Relief Moisturizer For Normal To Oily Skin
- Redness Relief SPF 30 Mineral Moisturizer for Normal to Dry Skin
- Redness Relief SPF 30 Mineral Moisturizer for Normal to Oily Skin
- Redness Relief Toner For Normal To Dry Skin
- Acne Body Spray
- Extra Strength Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution With 2% Salicylic Acid
- Extra Strength Daily Skin Clearing Treatment with 5% Benzoyl Peroxide
- Oil-Free Moisturizer
- Pore Normalizing Cleanser
- Purifying Clay Mask
- Regular Strength Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution With 2% Salicylic Acid
- Regular Strength Daily Skin Clearing Treatment with 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide
- Ultra-Light Daily Hydrating Fluid SPF 30+
- 0.3% Retinol + 2% Bakuchiol Treatment
- 1% Retinol Treatment
- Ceramide-Enriched Firming Eye Cream
- Ceramide-Enriched Firming Moisturizer
- Discoloration Repair Serum
- Niacinamide 20% Treatment
- Ultra-Rich Moisturizer
- Antioxidant Pore Purifier
- Essential Glow Moisturizer SPF 30
- Nightly Reconditioning Moisturizer
- Triple Algae Pollution Shield
- Antioxidant Enriched Natural Moisturizer
- Perfectly Natural Cleansing Gel
- Power Berry Serum
- Purely Natural Refreshing Toner
Hair & Body
- All Over Hair & Body Shampoo
- Skin Revealing Body Lotion 10% AHA
- Smooth Finish Conditioner
- Weightless Body Treatment 2% BHA
- Hydralight Healthy Skin Refreshing Toner
- Hydralight One Step Face Cleanser
- Hydralight Shine-Free Mineral Complex SPF 30
- Gentle Touch Makeup Remover
- Shine Stopper Instant Matte Finish with MicroSponge Technology
- Smoothing Primer Serum SPF 30
- Moisture Boost Daily Restoring Complex SPF 30
- Moisture Boost Essential Hydrating Toner
- Moisture Boost One Step Face Cleanser (discontinued)
- Omega+ Complex Cleansing Balm
- Omega+ Complex Eye Cream
- Omega+ Complex Moisturizer
- Omega+ Complex Serum
- PC4Men Body Wash
- PC4Men Face Wash
- PC4Men Daytime Protect
- PC4Men Nighttime Repair
- PC4Men Shave
- PC4Men Soothe + Smooth
- Advanced Pore-Refining Treatment 4% BHA
- Advanced Smoothing Treatment 10% AHA
- Anti-Aging Eye Gel
- Barrier Repair Moisturizer with Retinol
- Daily Pore-Refining Treatment With 2% BHA
- Daily Smoothing Treatment with 5% AHA
- Intensive Repair Cream
- Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum
- Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser
- Perfectly Balanced Foaming Cleanser
- Skin Restoring Moisturizer with SPF 50
- Super Antioxidant Serum
- Super-Light Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
- Youth-Extending Daily Hydrating Fluid SPF 50
- Invisible Finish Moisture Gel
- Oil-Reducing Cleanser
- Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum with Retinol
- Ultra-Sheer Daily Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 30
- 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
- 2% BHA Lotion Exfoliant
- 25% AHA + 2% BHA Exfoliant Peel
- 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant
- 8% AHA Lotion Exfoliant
- Daily Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30
- Enriched Calming Toner
- Hydrating Treatment Mask
- Replenishing Moisturizer
- Softening Cream Cleanser
- Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum with Retinol
FAQ About Paula’s Choice
Paula’s Choice is not a vegan brand but it has a wide variety of vegan products. Paula’s Choice is also certified cruelty-free.
Yes. Paula’s Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant is vegan.
Yes, the 0.3% Retinol + 2% Bakuchiol Treatment is vegan. The company’s 1% Retinol Treatment is also vegan.
No, the Hydrating Treatment cream is not vegan and includes cholesterol from sheep’s wool.
Paula’s Choice’s Calm range is mostly vegan, except for their Redness Relief Moisturizer for Normal to Dry Skin, Repairing Serum, and Soothing Toner for Normal to Oily skin.
Paula’s Choice has many vegan-friendly products. We’ve put together a full list of all Paula’s Choice vegan products.
Paula’s Choice is a great American skincare brand with a wide variety of vegan skincare.
While the brand is not fully vegan and their vegan products are not certified, you can still find plenty of good vegan solutions for any skin type or skin concern.
On their website, Paula’s Choice has listed products that use animal byproducts. We also hope they would get their vegan selection officially certified, so it would be easier to find.
Meanwhile, you can rely on your list of Paula’s Choice vegan skincare products. As the brand launches new products all the time, we’ll make sure the vegan ones are added to our list.
See also: Is Drunk Elephant Vegan, Is Tatcha Vegan, Best Vegan Skincare, Vegan Skincare For Oily Skin, Vegan Skincare For Dry Skin, Vegan Retinols