Smashbox, a prominent cosmetics brand celebrated for its innovative products was founded in 1996 by Dean and Davis Factor. The brand is based in Los Angeles, California. Today, Smashbox is a part of The Estée Lauder Companies. Smashbox’s website is https://www.smashbox.com/.
Dean and Davis’s family’s rich legacy influenced them to venture into the cosmetics industry in makeup artistry. Max Factor, their great-grandfather, was a pioneering figure in the beauty world.
The brand has collaborated with photographers, models, and makeup artists, ensuring that its products met the demands of both everyday consumers and professionals in the spotlight. The Factor brothers’ goal is to offer cosmetics that not only looked stunning in photographs but also held up to the rigors of long hours on set.
With a commitment to innovation, Smashbox introduced iconic products like the Photo Finish Foundation Primer, which quickly gained a cult following. Smashbox caters to a lot of people. But is Smashbox also vegan?
Is Smashbox Vegan?
No. Smashbox is not entirely vegan but it has some vegan options. In addition, Smashbox is PETA-certified cruelty-free, and does not test on animals.
Smashbox Vegan Overview
Is a vegan brand: no
Uses non-vegan ingredients: yes
Has a vegan selection: yes
Tests on animals: no
Sold where animal testing is mandatory: no
Has a parent company that tests on animals: yes (The Estée Lauder Companies)
Does Smashbox Have Official Vegan Certifications?
No. Smashbox is not a vegan brand and has no official vegan certifications from organizations such as The Vegan Society or PETA.
Has Smashbox indicated going vegan?
No. Smashbox has not indicated going fully vegan.
Does Smashbox Test on Animals?
No. Smashbox does not test on animals at any stage of production.
Is Smashbox Certified Cruelty-Free?
Yes. Smashbox is PETA-certified and cruelty-free. In addition, the brand states on its website that it is not testing on animals anywhere in the world.
Who Owns Smashbox?
As of 2010 Smashbox Cosmetics is a subsidiary of The Estée Lauder Companies, one of the world’s leading beauty conglomerates. Estée Lauder still allows tests on animals. Therefore, Smashbox has a non-cruelty-free parent company.
Which Smashbox Products Are Vegan?
Not all Smashbox products are vegan. Therefore, we have made a complete list of Smashbox vegan products below.
The Full List Of Smashbox Vegan Products
Vegan Primers And Setting Products:
- Photo Finish Foundation Primer
- Photo Finish Jumbo Smooth & Blur Primer
- Photo Finish Control Mattifying Primer With Salicylic Acid
- Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primer
- Photo Finish Primerizer+ Hydrating Primer With Triple Hyaluronic Acid
- Photo Finish Correct Anti-Redness Primer With Rose, Algae & Mushroom
- Photo Finish Illuminate Glow Primer
- Photo Finish Intensify 24-Hour Shadow Primer
- Photo Finish Endurance Breathable Setting Spray
- Photo Finish Revitalize 8-In-1 Primer Essence
- Photo Finish Extension Nourishing Lash Primer
Foundations And Concealers:
- Halo Healthy Glow 4-In-1 Perfecting Pen
- Always On Skin-Balancing Foundation
- Studio Skin 24-Hour Hydra Foundation
- Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector
- Studio Skin Flawless 24-Hour Concealer
- Halo Fresh Perfecting Powder
Vegan Eye Makeup:
- Always On Shimmer Cream Shadow
- Always On Cream Eye Shadow
- Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner
- Always On Liquid Liner
Vegan Lip Makeup:
- Halo Cream Cheek + Lip Tint
- Be Legendary Line & Prime Pencil
- Always On Cream To Matte Lipstick
- Gloss Angeles Extra Shine
- Halo Plumping Dew + Hyaluronic Acid
- Halo Healthy Glow All-In-One Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum Spf 25 With Hyaluronic Acid
- It’s A Wrap! Waterproof Makeup Remover
Smashbox was founded in 1996 and is based in Los Angeles, California, and was created to excel both in everyday use and professional settings, particularly in photography.
While not fully vegan, Smashbox offers some vegan options and is PETA-certified cruelty-free, with no animal testing.
We hope that all the skincare brands like Smashbox will take on the goal of going cruelty-free and fully vegan one day. Until then keep checking in on Vegan Avenue for an updated vegan product list.