Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Watery Sun Gel is a vegan sunscreen that has been recommended to us by many of our readers. We finally took the product to the test and were not disappointed.
This vegan Kbeauty sunscreen is affordable, creamy, and easy to apply. It leaves no white cast and gives the skin a beautiful hydrated glow. We also love that it’s safe for sensitive skin.
I’ve been now using Dermalogica’s Invisible Physical Defence Mineral Sunscreen and before that Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen. I must say, Isntree’s sunscreen gives them both competition.
Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Watery Sun Gel Specs
Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Watery Sun Gel offers effective broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection with a strong SPF 50. It also has the highest UVA protection rating of PA++++.
On top of sun defense, the ingredients in this sunscreen are combined to hydrate the skin, repair the skin barrier, alleviates irrtion, and balance sebum production.
Here are the main specifications of the Hyaluronic Acid Watery Sun Gel:
- SPF: 50
- Defense: chemical
- Main ingredients: ethylhexyl salicylate, homosalate
- Other ingredients: hyaluronic acid, astaxanthin, ceramides, centella asiatica, pycnogenol
- Broad spectrum: yes
- Blue light protection: no information
- Reef-safe: not entirely but free of oxybenzone and octinoxate
- Non-nano: yes
- Waterproof: no
- Fragrance-free: yes
Based on first impression, this sunscreen is very impressive. It offers a strong broad spectrum SPF 50 protection with PA++++. From Isntree’s home page, it looks like this product has gone through meticulous clinical tests to prove its effectiveness.
In addition to being a good sunblock, it includes 8 types of vegan hyaluronic acid, so your skin could get a full-on moisture replenish. They utilize both small and larger HA molecules that work in different layers of the skin. I’m excited to see how that works.
I also love that the sunscreen has soothing and barrier-repairing ingredients such as ceramides and centella asiatica. The choice of adding pycnogenol seems also interesting. It’s a potent antioxidant from the Pinus Pinaster tree that protects your skin from free radical damage.
Is Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Watery Sun Gel Good?
Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Watery Sun Gel is a very good sunscreen. It’s vegan, affordable, and gives your skin an effective sun protection with multiple skincare benefits. It hydrates the skin well as well as strengthens skin barrier with science-backed ingredients.
I use this sunscreen daily with and without makeup. It makes my dry combination skin feel comfortable and glowy. It glides on well and absorbs instantly without any white cast. While I would not wear this on the beach as it’s not waterproof, it’s the perfect everyday face sunscreen.
Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Watery Sun Gel Pros
These are the pros of Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Watery Sun Gel.
- Light and creamy – I was so positively surprised that it’s is a lotion not an actual gel as the name implies. It’s so lightweight and spreads easily. Also love the cooling effect.
- Zero white cast – Just zero. No ghost mask, no stickiness, no greasiness. This sunblock absorbs so quickly you would think it evaporates.
- Great hydration – Ever since I started using this sunscree, I don’t use any hydrating serums in the morning. I just use it on top of my moisturizer and enjoy the dewy and plump glow.
- Effective protection – It should go without saying in sunscreens but Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Watery Sun Gel does give you a very solic UVA/UVB protection.
- Fits all skin types – While it’s a hydrating sunscreen, it’s not heavy at all and works well for both oily and dry skin types. Based on reviews, it’s also loved by sensitive skin.
- It’s affordable – This sunscreen has a great price-quality ratio, especially compared to Supergoop and Dermalogica sunscreens. You’ll get it for under 20 dollars.
- Good under makeup – This sunscreen makes a good primer. It feels comfortable under makeup, plus the HA in this sunscreen plumps the skin beautifully before a night out.
Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Watery Sun Gel Cons
These are the cons of Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Watery Sun Gel.
- Not certified vegan – My biggest problem with this sunscreen is the lack of vegan and cruelty-free certifications. The ingredients in this sunscreen certainly seem vegan and the company has given its word it’s a vegan sunscreen but I would like more proof than that.
- Not waterproof – This is not a waterproof formula, so this won’t be your beach holiday sunscreen. It seems sweat-proof though as it does not run off the face when jogging.
- Not reef-safe – It’s a chemical sunscreen. So while it does not include the worst reef-harming chemicals like oxybenzone, it’s still not 100% reef-safe.
- Too much hyaluronic acid – There’s an HA overload in this sunscreen, so definitely cut all other HA products from your skincare routine when you start using this product.
- Runs out quite fast – While this sunscreen is affordable, it does not last you a very long time. One tube does not even make a full month for me.
FAQ About Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Watery Sun Gel
Yes. The company has confirmed that this sunscreen is vegan. Isntree is also cruelty-free and does not test its products on animals.
It’s a 100% worth it. Great lightweight texture, effective protection, plus it moisturizes the skin well. This sunscreen is also affordably priced.
Yes, it’s a chemical sunscreen
Yes. This sunscreen is even recommended for sensitive skin.
Not entirely as it includes homosalate.
Apply this generously on your face and neck at least 30 minutes before going outdoors.
Why Trust Us
Our review of Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Watery Sun Gel has not been incentivized in any way. We bought this vegan sunscreen based on its excellent reviews on Amazon and tried the product ourselves before writing this article. Read more about how we review products and brands.
Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Watery Sun Gel is our favorite vegan Kbeauty sunscreen. It’s convenient to use daily, it leaves no white residue and hydrates the skin beautifully. It’s also suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
As far as chemical sunscreens go, I’d say this is equally good as Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40. I like Isntree’s creamy texture a bit more but the Supergoop’s sunscreen is waterproof which this one is not.
All in all, another great vegan sunscreen. Hope they will also get it officially certified as vegan and cruelty-free, so we can keep purchasing it with even greater confidence.