I don’t care much for toners but I love to explore different Korean vegan skincare brands. For one, I can afford them. And their skincare almost never disappoints. This is how I ended up meeting my new favorite vegan toner – Klairs Supple Preparation Unscented Toner.
I haven’t tried the original Supple Preparation toner, so I cannot compare the two. But the Unscented remake should be an identical product, minus the essential oils. While your nose might miss out on some sensorial experiences, dropping essential oils is never a bad idea.
To give a quick recap, this vegan toner restored my faith in toners and I love almost everything about this product. I have written about my positive experience with using The Essence. Now I am thinking it’s time to trade The Essence for this liquid wonder of Supple Preparation.
Klairs Supple Preparation Unscented Toner Specs
So here is a quick overview of this vegan toner: what it includes, what it’s free of, and what it promises to do to your skin.
- Key ingredients: beta-glucan, lipidure, Centella Asiatica, hyaluronic acid, licorice root, panthenol, aloe vera, copper peptides
- Benefits: deep moisturization, balances pH level, soothes, nourishes
- Made without: oil, alcohol, essential oils, fragrances, parabens, mineral oils, colorings
- Skin types: all skin types, especially dry skin
When considering buying this toner, I was mainly happy about what it’s made without. Removing oil, alcohol, synthetic fragrances, and natural oils from a toner is a good guarantee that this product does more good than harm to your skin.
I was not sure about the ingredient list before diving into it. It’s interesting that Klairs does not highlight the key ingredients in their own marketing of the product. But when you read the label, there are some real diamonds on the list.
The stars of this product are two humectants, beta-glucan and hyaluronic acid, that help lock in moisture to your skin. Throw in some skin-repairing lipidure, soothing Centella, panthenol, and aloe vera and you have a very promising vegan product at hand.
Is Klairs Supple Preparation Unscented Toner Good?
Klairs Supple Preparation Unscented Toner is excellent. I’ve been using it for over a month now and my skin feels much more hydrated and calm. My cheeks are also less red and I need to use less face cream than before. It’s a must-have in my skincare routine now.
The toner is definitely good for oily skin as it’s so lightweight. People with skin sensitivities such as rosacea and eczema should also try this vegan toner. It’s free of all major irritants and skin-drying ingredients, so it might help make your skin stronger and less reactive.
Klairs Supple Preparation Unscented Toner Pros
These are the pros of this Klairs Supple Preparation Unscented Toner.
- Rich texture: I like that this toner has a bit thicker liquid texture. It spreads really well and feels comfortable on the skin.
- It’s actually unscented: It really has no scent, only just a very faint hint of a clean scent.
- Great moisture boost: The skin does feel bouncy and hydrated when using this vegan toner regularly. The tightening feeling in my dry combination skin is gone.
- It’s quite affordable: A $20 toner is not cheap but it’s also not expensive, especially when comparing it to some luxury essences. It’s a lot of quality products for that money.
- No skin-drying ingredients: Some hydrating products can instead dry out the skin even more. This toner has no drying alcohols, essential oils, or fragrances. So it will not add to your dryness but rather relieve it.
- It’s non-comedogenic: Acne-prone and oily skin can appreciate that this toner is oil-free. It does not clog pores or break out your skin.
Klairs Supple Preparation Unscented Toner Cons
It was quite difficult to come up with cons for this product. Nevertheless, here are some of the things I didn’t like about the Supple Preparation Unscented Toner.
- It’s not a powerhouse toner: Klairs’ toner is a simple hydrating product that mainly uses botanical extracts. This is not your super strong astringent vegan toner or an exfoliating acid-based toner, it does not change your skin significantly.
- It’s a bit sticky: When you apply it with your palms, your hands will feel a bit sticky after. It’s one of the benefits and curses of having a bit thicker texture.
- It’s still not hypoallergenic: This product does not include any harsh chemicals or allergens and it should technically suit sensitive skin. Yet, some people with sensitive skin have still reported irritation or a burning sensation.
FAQ About Klairs Supple Preparation Unscented Toner
Yes. The toner is vegan.
Absolutely. Klairs Supple Preparation Unscented Toner is the best toner we have used and it’s worth every penny. It gives deep hydration while feeling light and gentle on your skin.
Dab the liquid on your skin using your fingers or a cotton pad. Follow with a moisturizer.
This toner is safe to use with acne but it doesn’t help much with acne. It’s a hydrating toner.
This toner is good for oily skin because it’s oil-free and non-comedogenic. And oily skin needs hydration too. Just make sure to follow the toner with a lightweight moisturizer.
The scented version includes essential oil, the unscented doesn’t.
Why Trust Us
Korean vegan skincare brands are close to our hearts at Vegan Avenue for their clean formulas and reasonable price tag. That is also why we aim to test as many Korean vegan products as possible. Klairs Supple Preparation Unscented Toner was on our top list of products to try.
We review each Kbeauty product carefully and spend weeks trying it out on our skin before forming an opinion of it. While we loved the vegan toner in question, we also made sure to list all the negatives of this product, so you can make an informed choice.
I am happy I’ve found the Klairs Supple Preparation Unscented Toner to add to my favorite vegan skincare products. It hydrates my skin well and fits well in between my vegan cleanser and vegan moisturizer. I use it both mornings and evenings
If you struggle with congested skin, pores, or blackheads, it’s probably best you opt for a stronger vegan toner that includes some acids or astringents. Otherwise, this toner is great for all skin types since even oily skin needs hydration.