Looking for vegan skincare made from organically farmed natural ingredients? Look no further. We have listed all our favorite organic vegan skincare brands and products here.
While vegan skincare is not always organic, there is a lot of overlap between the two skincare trends. Since organic skincare brands are all about sustainability and natural botanicals, most of their products are also vegan and cruelty-free.
To be honest, it’s impossible to find 100% organic skincare brands but many skincare brands use primarily organic and certified organic ingredients.
We’ve divided this article into two sets of brands: organic brands that are fully vegan and organic brands that are cruelty-free with a great vegan skincare selection. Hope you enjoy both.
Read also: Vegan vs Organic Skincare
Organic Vegan Skincare Brands
Here is the best organic vegan skincare you can find. From Herbivore Botanicals to Kora Organics, find the best organic skincare for your skin.
Organic Skincare Brands That Are 100% Vegan
These skincare brands are fully vegan and offer top-quality organic skincare.
- MŪN Skin: Founded by a makeup artist Munemi Imai, MŪN Skin is a great organic vegan skincare brand that uses premium organic plants such as the prickly pear.
- Herbivore Botanicals: Seattle-based vegan skincare brand Herbivore includes a wide variety of organic botanicals. Organic ingredients are always marked in bold on their website.
- Pai Skincare: Pai offers clean organic vegan skincare that is safe for sensitive skin. The London brand is certified natural and organic by COSMOS and Soil Association.
- Blissoma: From Blissoma, you will find holistic and raw vegan skincare for sensitive skin. Their products include a majority of certified organic ingredients.
- Osea Malibu: Osea Malibu offers organic vegan skincare from seaweed. Their seaweed is certified USDA organic and sustainably handharvested in Patagonia.
- Thrive: Thrive makes plant-based skincare for men and women. They use organic and ecologically sourced ingredients that support ecosystems and farmers.
- Mogi Mousse: Mogi Mousse is an organic vegan skincare brand from Brooklyn, New York. Their skincare is rich in certified organic botanical extracts and essential oils.
- Delia Organics: Canadian brand Delia Organics offers gender-neutral vegan skincare. They have high-quality organic vegan skincare for all skin types.
- High Beauty: From High Beauty, you will find organic vegan skincare made from hemp seed oil. Their skincare is free of chemicals, pesticides, GMOs, and gluten.
- Kypris Beauty: Kypris skincare is organic, vegan, cruelty-free, holistic, natural, and wildcrafted. The brand is Gold certified by the US Green Business Association.
- Mimaami Organics: Mimaami uses organic oils and ethically sourced unrefined shea butter from Ghana. Their natural vegan skincare is great for sensitive and eczema-prone skin.
Organic Skincare Brands With A Vegan Selection
These organic brands are not fully vegan but they have a great vegan selection. Some of their products may include honey or beeswax but most of their selection is vegan-friendly.
- True Botanicals: True Botanicals is an organic vegan skincare brand from California. All their products are PETA-certified vegan and cruelty-free.
- Kora Organics: This COSMOS-certified organic skincare was launched by Miranda Kerr. All products are vegan, except for Noni Glow Face & Body Balms.
- Honest Beauty: Jessica Alba’s brand Honest Beauty offers natural and organic skincare. Their vegan products are always marked vegan on their website.
- Juice Beauty: Juice Beauty uses organic botanicals and plant juices. All their skincare is vegan, except for the Organic Lip Moisturizer which includes beeswax.
- Eminence Organics: Eminence is a renowned organic vegan skincare brand from Hungary. They are not fully vegan but have a vegan skincare section on their website.
- Garnier Organic: If you are looking for organic vegan skincare from a drugstore brand, check out Garnier. Garnier’s Organic range is entirely vegan and cruelty-free.
- Dr. Alkaitis: Dr. Alkaitis makes clean and raw organic skincare. Some of their products contain honey or beeswax, so make sure it reads ‘vegan’ on the packaging.
- 100% Pure: 100% Pure is another great brand for organic vegan skincare. Most of their products are vegan and they have promised to phase out animal ingredients altogether.
- Cocokind: Cocokind offers USDA-certified organic skincare certified from superfoods and coconut oil. Some of their products include beeswax, everything else is vegan.
- Tata Harper: Tata Harper makes all-natural skincare from a majority of organic ingredients. A lot of their products are vegan, some include honey, beeswax, or carmine.
- Madara Cosmetics: Madara’s skincare is clean, effective, and Ecocert-certified organic. Most of their products are vegan, and some lip and SPF products contain lanolin or beeswax.
- Inna Organic: Inna Organic offers EWG-verified and COSMOS-certified organic skincare. They are primarily vegan, some products include beeswax.
- Coola: Californian brand Coola is a fantastic brand for organic vegan sunscreens. They have a wide vegan selection with 70%+ or more organic ingredients in every product.
Organic Vegan Skincare Products
Here are some of our team’s favorite organic and vegan skincare products.
- Best Organic Vegan Moisturizer: Eminence Apricot Calendula Nourishing Cream
- Best Organic Vegan Cleanser: Eminence Organic Coconut Milk Cleanser
- Best Organic Vegan Toner: Dr. Alkaitis Organic Herbal Toner
- Best Organic Vegan Serum: Kora Organics Noni Bright Vitamin C Serum
- Best Organic Vegan Night Cream: True Botanicals Organic Moisture Lock
- Best Organic Vegan Eye Cream: Eminence Organics Wild Plum Eye Cream
- Best Organic Vegan Face Oil: Pai Skincare Rosehip BioRegenerate Oil
- Best Organic Vegan Face Mask: Honest Beauty Prime + Perfect Mask
- Best Organic Vegan Face Mist: Herbivore Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist
- Best Organic Vegan Sunscreen: Coola Organic Classic Face Sunscreen SPF 50
- Best Organic Vegan Hand Cream: Voesh Velvet Luxe Hand And Body Lotion
- Best Organic Vegan Body Lotion: Avalon Organics Nourishing Lavender Body Lotion
FAQ About Organic Vegan Skincare Brands
Not necessarily. Vegan skincare is not automatically organic or natural (though it often is). Vegan just means the skincare is free of animal ingredients.
Some vegan organic skincare brands include Herbivore Botanicals, Osea Malibu, Pai Skincare, Acure, and Delia Organics.
Many organic skincare brands are available on Amazon and Sephora. You can also shop their individual brand stores.
Yes. True Botanicals is 100% vegan and officially certified by PETA. The information on their website about one non-vegan product (Everyday Sheer Coverage) is outdated.
While you cannot find 100% organic skincare, we are glad to see that so many brands aspire toward it. And you can find many wonderful organic vegan skincare brands.
Vegan skincare made from natural, chemical-free, and organically farmed ingredients is always a healthy choice for your skin. It’s also a safe choice for sensitive skin.
We hope you found some good organic vegan skincare brands and products you enjoyed. We will keep updating this article with new organic brands.
See also: Best Vegan Skincare Brands
Main image: courtesy of MŪN Skin
Article update on May 02 (2023): Fact Checked and Medically reviewed by MD Shimona Garg