Brow products are there to shape and define the brow and tame unruly hairs. Brow products are also designed to fill in sparse areas and make the brows look fuller and thicker.
With so many brow pencils, powders, gels, and pomades to choose from, can you also find vegan versions of all the imaginable brow products? Yes, you can.
In 2024, there is a wide array of vegan brow products on the market that are free of beeswax and other types of animal-derived emollients. Below, you’ll find our favorite vegan options.
All the brow products we list are vegan and cruelty-free, meaning they are free from animal ingredients and have not been tested on animals.
Best Vegan Brow Products
Here are the best vegan eyebrow products for 2024. Find the best vegan brow pencils, powders, waxes, gels, kits, and more.
- Best Pencil: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz
- Best Powder: Palladio Brow Powder
- Best Kit: Milani Brow Fix Kit
- Best Wax: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Freeze
- Best Gel: Milk Makeup Kush Fiber Eyebrow Gel
- Best Pomade: KVD Beauty Super Pomade Brow Pigment
- Best Putty: Rare Beauty Brow Harmony Shape & Fill Duo
- Best Pen: NYX Lift & Snatch Brow Tint Pen
- Best Conditioner: RevitaBrow Advanced Eyebrow Conditioner
- Best Brush: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brush #20
- Best Palette: Aesthetica Brow Contour Kit
Best Vegan Brow Pencil
Brow Wiz is the best vegan brow pencil. The fine tip allows you to create quick and thin strokes that really look like your natural hair. It glides on smooth, the pigment is beautiful and it blends seamlessly with natural hair. It’s rare to also find a brow pencil that stays on all day.
- What we like: amazing precision, great for filling
- What we don’t like: the fine tip can break
- What other reviewers say: professional-looking result, natural brows that are well-defined, blends well, easy to work with, good color range for all hair colors
Key benefits: defining, outlining, filling | Finish: natural | Ingredients: soybean oil, coconut oil, carnauba wax, mica | Shade range: 12 | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free, phthalate-free
Best Vegan Brow Powder
Palladio offers the best vegan brow powder. The soft powder is made from plant-based ingredients like jojoba oil. It fills in brows and creates the most natural matte result. The powder comes with a brush and is available in 4 shades. The Taupe shade is loved by blondes.
We like simple one-toned vegan brow powders. But if you prefer vegan brow powder duos for a more diffused ombre effect, Arches & Halos Brow Shaping Set is great for that.
- What we like: excellent colors, natural finish
- What we don’t like: flimsy container
- What other reviewers say: colors match the brows well – especially blonde ones, good consistency, long-wearing results, the powder stays put
Key benefits: enhancing, defining | Finish: matte, soft-focus | Ingredients: jojoba oil, shea butter, mica | Shade range: 4 | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, natural, clean, gluten-free
Best Vegan Brow Kit
Ever since NYX Cake Powder Kit was discontinued, we struggled to a new equally good vegan brow kit. Finally, we came across Milani’s Brow Fix Kit. It’s the best vegan brow kit for shaping, defining, and filling the brow. The kit has 3 versions: Light, Medium, and Dark.
- What we like: gorgeous soft matte result
- What we don’t like: poor-quality foam applicator
- What other reviewers say: fills in gaps, gives a nice boost of color to the brows, natural result, powders blend well, great brow highlighter
Key benefits: shaping, defining, highlighting| Finish: matte | Ingredients: talc, corn starch, silica | Shade range: 3 | Features: vegan, cruelty-free
Best Vegan Brow Wax
Our favorite vegan brow wax from Anastasia Beverly Hills is perfect for lifting and taming the brow. It locks every hair in its right place. The transparent formula looks natural on the brows. We like that the wax is also mess-free and easy to use.
- What we like: beautiful lifted look
- What we don’t like: not the longest hold
- What other reviewers say: great for feathered look and laminated look, spreads well, not messy, does not look hardened, can spoil quickly, sometimes leaves some white residue
Key benefits: lifting, taming, sculpting | Finish: natural | Ingredients: glycerin | Shade range: 1 (translucent) | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free
Best Vegan Brow Gel
Milk Makeup Kush Fiber vegan brow gel is the best. It fills in the gaps and creates full and dense lashes. It has tinted heart-shaped fibers and a tapered brush made with vegan bristles. The eyebrow gel is infused with hemp seed oil to keep the brow hair soft and healthy.
The colored gel does not flake or move from its place once applied. You can choose between 8 shades. If you are not a fan of tinted gels, Milk also offers a fantastic clear vegan brow gel.
- What we like: the quickest way to fill the brows
- What we don’t like: tube runs out fast
- What other reviewers say: brows look full and fluffy, rich pigment, loved by fine brows, also boosts brow hair growth
Key benefits: thickening, sculpting, conditioning| Finish: natural | Ingredients: hemp-derived cannabis seed oil, tinted fibers | Shade range: 8 | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, SLS-free, mineral oil-free, gluten-free, talc-free
Best Vegan Brow Pomade
Super Pomade is the best vegan brow pomade. It’s smooth and creamy and excellent for sculpting and filling brows. It also works as eyeliner and eyeshadow. The pomade comes in a wide variety of shades from natural browns to vivid red, yellow, blue, green, purple, and pink.
- What we like: versatile and creamy, rich pigment
- What we don’t like: difficult to wash off
- What other reviewers say: goes on smoothly, does not smudge, long-wearing even for oily skin, amazing color, pomade can dry out halfway through
Key benefits: shaping, filling| Finish: natural| Ingredients: kaolin, silica | Shade range: 17 | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, water-resistant
Best Vegan Brow Putty
This vegan brow putty duo from Rare Beauty has the most natural-looking result. The dual-toned palette gives actually full and well-defined brows. One part is more powdery for a blended and softened final touch. You can also adjust the color intensity however you wish.
This vegan brow product comes in a compact mirrored case with a genius snap-in angled brush and spoolie. It’s available in 5 shades, the Auburn tone is especially praised by redheads. The product is also long-wearing and waterproof.
- What we like: excellent for filling, clever case design
- What we don’t like: not a very rich pigment
- What other reviewers say: achieves naturally filled eyebrows, easy to use, good color match for red and blonde hair, highly praised case design
Key benefits: shaping, filling | Finish: natural, soft-focus | Ingredients: mica | Shade range: 6 | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, dermatologist-tested, ophthalmologist-tested, safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
Best Vegan Brow Pen
Brow pens are good at shaping and enhancing the brow. NYX Lift & Snatch is the best vegan brow pen. It’s quick to use and rich in pigment. The flexible tip allows both thin and thick strokes for a natural filled-in result. Microblading effect, indeed. With a very affordable product.
- What we like: strokes look like actual eyebrow hairs
- What we don’t like: not easy to use for beginners
- What other reviewers say: great for touching up micro-bladed brows, blends well, great shade range, quick to apply for experienced users, gives good color depth and dimension
Key benefits: lifting, shaping, filling | Finish: natural | Ingredients: glycerin, castor seed oil | Shade range: 10 | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, water-resistant
Best Vegan Brow Conditioner
This award-winning vegan brow conditioner is expensive but it works. Made with biotin, peptides, lipids, and green tea, it helps to make brow hair stronger and lusher, reduces hair breakage, and improves shine. It’s the best anti-aging serum for brow hair.
- What we like: brows do look fuller and thicker over time
- What we don’t like: it’s expensive
- What other reviewers say: it’s either a hit or miss, great for aging brows, brow hairs grow longer, restores color to gray brows
Key benefits: conditioning, nourishing, boosting hair growth | Finish: natural matte | Ingredients: peptides, biotin, lipids, ginseng, green tea | Shade range: 1 (translucent) | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, hypoallergenic, clinically-tested, dermatologist-tested, ophthalmologist-tested, clean, gluten-free, fragrance-free, oil-free, made in the USA
Best Vegan Brow Brush
ABH #20 is the best vegan brow brush. It works with both powders and pomades and carves out exactly the arch you are after. The double-ended brush fills, blends, and conceals well for neat and natural-looking brows. The vegan brush is easy to use for beginners.
- What we like: creates the cleanest and neatest brows
- What we don’t like: not the best spoolie, can shed
- What other reviewers say: best brow brush on the market, very sharp, best for shaping and carving, also good for blending concealer
Key benefits: outlining, defining, blending| Ingredients: synthetic fibers | Features: vegan, cruelty-free
Best Vegan Brow Palette
Aesthetica Brow Contour Kit is the best vegan brow palette. It’s the most complete vegan brow kit armed with 6 brow powders, highlighting powder, cream concealer, and brow wax. It also has tweezers, stencils, a brow brush, and a brow shaping guide. Everything the brows may need.
- What we like: such a complete brow bar, great powders, great wax
- What we don’t like: many parts are left unused
- What other reviewers say: clear instructions, easy to use, beautiful natural result, no smudging, long-wearing, not the best brush, makes a great gift
Key benefits: define, shape, fill | Finish: matte | Ingredients: mica, silica, talc, synthetic wax | Shade range: 1 | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, gluten-free
Best Vegan Brow Makeup Brands
Looking for more options for your brows? Here are the top vegan brands for vegan eyebrow products.
Anastasia Beverly Hills
Founded in 1997, Anastasia Beverly Hills is the leading brow brand in the US. The brand is not fully vegan but they have the best selection of cruelty-free vegan brow products.
Arches & Halos
Arches & Halos is a fully vegan brow brand founded by Tony Crooks – a renowned celebrity brow stylist. Their brow products are also hypoallergenic and dermatologist-tested.
From E.l.f. Cosmetics, you will find the best affordable vegan brow products. This popular drugstore brand is 100% vegan, cruelty-free, and paraben-free.
El.f has a long list of vegan eyebrow makeup including brow pencils, waxes, powders, brow kits, and serums. Their Instant Lift Brow Pencil is the best affordable vegan brow pencil.
What Makes A Brow Product Vegan?
A brow product is vegan if it does not include any animal-derived ingredients such as beeswax, lanolin, or animal fat-based glycerin. Vegan brow products are also not tested on animals.
Since brow products come in a variety of formulas, they can include a wide number of animal ingredients from conditioning emollients to pigments.
Here are some of the most common ingredients that make a brow product not vegan:
- Beeswax – A waxy emollient produced by honeybees, beeswax is often found in brow waxes, pencils, and gels to help condition and tame brow hair.
- Stearic acid – A saturated fatty acid derived from cow and pig stomachs, stearic acid is used in brow products to soften and lubricate brow hair. Stearic acid can also be vegan.
- Glycerin – Glycerin is a popular emollient derived from animal fat. It’s often found in creamy brow products. Glycerin can also be vegan.
- Squalane – An emollient made out of shark liver fats, squalane oil is sometimes used in brow gel and brow conditioners. Squalane can also be vegan.
- Lanolin – Lanolin is a conditioning emollient derived from sheep’s sebaceous glands. It’s used for smoothing the brows into place.
- Carmine – A red pigment from crushed beetles, carmine can be used in brow powders and pencils that are made for redheads and gingers.
- Guanine – Shine agent from fish scales. Can be used in brow products that promise a high-impact finish.
- Mink fur – Fibers cut from dead or alive minks can be used for making eyebrow brushes.
All animal-based ingredients in brow products can be easily replaced by vegan ingredients. In 2024, many leading eyebrow products are vegan by default.
Instead of animal-derived emollients, vegan brands use plant-based waxes such as soy wax or candelilla wax, and natural plant oils such as shea butter, jojoba oil, or cocoa butter.
Stearic acid can be easily vegan and palm-derived. Squalane can be made from olives and sugarcane. Glycerin is also often made from vegetables instead of animal fat.
Instead of mink, vegan brands make brow brushes from synthetic nylon or taklon bristles.
What To Look For Vegan Brow Products?
When shopping for vegan brow products, it’s essential to know which effect you are after. Some product types are better at shaping the brows, others work more for density.
Vegan brow pencils can achieve a well-defined brow shape while vegan brow powders have a much softer finish. Powders are also a quicker way to fill in sparse areas and add color.
Vegan brow gels and vegan brow waxes are great at locking hair into place and making the brows look overall thicker and denser.
Vegan brow pomades and putties are excellent for long-wearing high-impact brows in any desired shape, especially if you are crafty with the brush.
Vegan brow pens allow for precision in shaping the brow giving a well-defined microblade effect. Brow pens blend well with natural brows and the result is long-wearing.
How We Review Vegan Brow Products
We review vegan brow products based on these criteria.
- Ingredients: Vegan brow products should mainly use natural ingredients and not be loaded with synthetic additives. While preservatives like parabens are generally safe, it’s better not to have too many questionable chemicals near the eye area.
- Result: Different vegan brow products do different things for the brow. We review vegan brow products based on the promises the producer makes. Whether it’s definition or filling, every product should do something well. Brow products should be also easy to use.
- Price: Vegan brow products should have the right price-quality ratio. Brow products should not cost more than other more common makeup products such as foundation or mascara. Unless the brow product is truly high-quality or lasts long.
Why Trust Us
Our review of vegan brow products has not been incentivized by any brand or retailer. We take time to actually try out the market-leading vegan brow makeup options and combine our personal experience with the ratings and comments of other customers.
FAQ About Vegan Brow Products
No, brow wax is not always vegan and can include beeswax.
No, brow gels are not always vegan. The most common non-vegan ingredient is beeswax. Instead, vegan brands use plant waxes such as candelilla wax or others.
Vegan brow product does not include any animal byproducts as ingredients such as beeswax, stearic acid, squalane, lanolin, or mink fur. Vegan brow products are also not tested on animals.
You can find the largest variety of vegan brow products on Amazon and Sephora. When buying brow products in drugstores, choose products with a certified vegan label.
The best vegan brow product is Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz Brow Pencil.
No. The pencil contains beeswax and is potentially tested on animals.
No. The product seems to contain animal ingredients but Revlon still tests on animals, so we cannot consider any of their products vegan.
No. The gel contains glycerin which could be of animal origin. In addition, Benefit is a company that still uses animal testing.
These brow products from Anastasia Beverly Hills are vegan: Brow Wiz Pencil, Pro Pencil, Perfect Brow Pencil, Brow Freeze Wax, Dipbrow Pomade, Brow Powder Duo, Brow Pro Palette, Clear Brow Gel, Brow Primer, and Brow Kit. Tinted Brow Gel is also vegan, except for the Auburn shade.
It’s no secret – full eyebrows are in fashion. And if you haven’t been blessed with a pair of beautifully shaped lush brows, vegan brow products can do that for you.
Sometimes, the only thing missing is the right vegan brow pencil, vegan eyebrow gel, or a perfect vegan brow brush to boost your eyebrow look to the maximum.
We hope you found our list of the best vegan brow products helpful. You do not need beeswax or lanolin for beautiful brows. Thanks for choosing vegan makeup.
See also: Vegan Eyeliners