CBD skincare and vegan skincare often go hand in hand. Both rooted in natural skincare, many CBD skincare brands are also vegan-friendly. But not all of them.
CBD skincare can have many benefits. CBD is anti-inflammatory, moisturizing, wrinkle-reducing and anti-acne (1).
If you are looking for vegan CBD skincare, we got you. Here are all vegan CBD skincare brands from Prima Skincare to High Beauty. Enjoy vegan skincare products made with cannabidiol.
Is CBD Skincare Vegan?
CBD skincare is not always vegan. CBD aka cannabidiol itself is a vegan ingredient derived from the cannabis plant. Yet, CBD skincare can still include other animal-based ingredients.
The most common animal ingredient in CBD skincare is honey. A secretion made by bees, honey is a non-vegan ingredient often added to CBD formulas for its soothing properties.
CBD skincare can also be tested on animals which makes it not vegan. So to make extra sure your CBD skincare is vegan, prefer products with a certified vegan label.
Vegan CBD Skincare Brands
These CBD skincare brands are 100% vegan:
- Prima Skincare: Sephora, Official site
- Saint Jane: Sephora, Official site
- Happy Dance: Ulta, Official site
- Leef Organics: Official Site
- Flora + Bast: Sephora, Official site
- High Beauty: SkinStore, Official site
- Natureofthings: Blue Mercury, Official Site
- Derma E: Ulta, Official Site
- Hempz: Ulta, Official site
- Truly: Ulta, Official site
- Barker Wellness: Official site
These CBD skincare lines are also vegan:
- The Body Shop: Official site – The Body Shop is a vegetarian brand with a fully vegan CBD skincare collection
- Lord Jones: Sephora, Official site – Lord Jones CBD skincare is currently vegan, except for their lip balm
Best Vegan CBD Oils
Looking for a vegan CBD oil? Here are some good-quality picks for vegan face oils made with cannabidiol.
- Herbivore Emerald CBD Deep Moisture Glow Oil: Sephora, Nordstrom, Official site
- Lord Jones Royal Oil 1000mg Pure CBD Oil: Official site
- Josie Maran Skin Dope Argan Oil + 100 mg CBD: Official site
- Ellis Brooklyn Marvelous CBD Massage and Body Oil: Sephora, Credo Beauty
Best Vegan CBD Moisturizers
- Derma E Skin De-Stress Calming CBD Moisturizer: Official site
- Saint Jane Beauty Hydrating Petal Cream: Sephora, Official site
- Saint Jane Beauty Luxury Beauty Serum: Sephora, Official site
FAQ About Vegan CBD Skincare
CBD skincare can be both vegan and non-vegan. Derived from the cannabis plant, CBD is a vegan ingredient but CBD skincare can include other ingredients that are not vegan (e.g. honey).
Since Amazon has prohibited the sale of CBD products, your best chance of finding vegan CBD skincare is on Sephora, Ulta, and brand online stores.
Yes. The oil is vegan as are all Herbivore products.
No. The balm includes honey.
Hope you found our guide on vegan CBD skincare brands and products useful. As new CBD brands come out, we will make sure to add vegan and cruelty-free ones to this list.
See also: Organic Vegan Skincare
Update on May 04 (2023): Fact checked and medically reviewed by MD Shimona Garg
Update on February 19 (2023): Added a reference and main benefits