CBD skincare and vegan skincare often go hand in hand. Both rooted in natural skincare, many CBD skincare brands are also vegan-friendly. But not all of them.
If you are looking for vegan CBD skincare, we got you. Here are all vegan CBD skincare brands from Prima Skincare to High Beauty. Enjoy cannabidiol skincare that is animal-free.
Is CBD Skincare Vegan?
CBD skincare is not always vegan. CBD aka cannabidiol itself is a vegan ingredient derived from the cannabis plant. Yet, CBD skincare can still include other animal-based ingredients.
The most common animal ingredient in CBD skincare is honey. A secretion made by bees, honey is a non-vegan ingredient often added to CBD formulas for its soothing properties.
CBD skincare can also be tested on animals which makes it not vegan. So to make extra sure your CBD skincare is vegan, prefer products with a certified vegan label.
Vegan CBD Skincare Brands
These CBD skincare brands are 100% vegan:
- Prima Skincare: Sephora, Official site
- Saint Jane: Sephora, Official site
- Happy Dance: Ulta, Official site
- Leef Organics: Nordstrom, Official Site
- Flora + Bast: Sephora, Official site
- High Beauty: SkinStore, Official site
- Natureofthings: Blue Mercury, Official Site
- Beauty In The Raw: Official site
- Derma E: Ulta, Official Site
- Hempz: Ulta, Official site
- Truly: Ulta, Official site
These CBD skincare lines are also vegan:
- The Body Shop: Official site – The Body Shop is a vegetarian brand with a fully vegan CBD skincare collection
- Lord Jones: Sephora, Official site – Lord Jones CBD skincare is currently vegan, except for their lip balm
Best Vegan CBD Oils
Looking for a vegan CBD oil? Here are some good-quality picks:
- Herbivore Emerald CBD Deep Moisture Glow Oil: Sephora, Nordstrom, Official site
- Lord Jones Royal Oil 1000mg Pure CBD Oil: Sephora, Official site
- Josie Maran Skin Dope Argan Oil + 100 mg CBD: Sephora, Official site
- Ellis Brooklyn Marvelous CBD Massage and Body Oil: Sephora, Credo Beauty
Best Vegan CBD Moisturizers
We also like these vegan CBD face creams and vegan CBD serums:
- Prima The Afterglow Deep Moisture Cream: Sephora, Nordstrom, Official site
- Lord Jones CBD Acid Mantle Repair Moisturizer: Sephora, Official site
- Derma E Skin De-Stress Calming CBD Moisturizer: Ulta, Official site
- Saint Jane Beauty Luxury Beauty Serum: Sephora, Official site
FAQ About Vegan CBD Skincare
CBD skincare can be both vegan and non-vegan. Derived from the cannabis plant, CBD is a vegan ingredient but CBD skincare can include other ingredients that are not vegan (e.g. honey).
Since Amazon has prohibited the sale of CBD products, your best chance of finding vegan CBD skincare is on Sephora, Ulta, and brand online stores.
Yes. The oil is vegan as are all Herbivore products.
No. The balm includes honey.
If your skin is dry or stressed, you can certainly benefit from CBD skincare. To support skincare brands that care about animals and our environment, go for vegan CBD skincare.
Hope you found our guide on vegan CBD skincare brands and products useful. As new CBD brands come out, we will make sure to add vegan and cruelty-free ones to this list.