Vegan exfoliators are an integral part of vegan skincare.
With a simple trick of removing dead skin cells, exfoliators reveal much smoother and brighter skin while promoting blood flow and skin cell renewal (1).
There are many vegan exfoliators we like. From vegan chemical exfoliators to some solid vegan physical scrubs – you can renew your skin with many animal-friendly exfoliants.
If you are looking for a good vegan face exfoliator for your skin, we have made a list of our favorite products for 2023. Ready, set, and reset your skin with these cruelty-free vegan exfoliators.
All products below are vegan and cruelty-free, meaning they are free of animal-derived ingredients and have not been tested on animals. 💚
Best Vegan Exfoliators 2023
Here are our favorite vegan exfoliators for 2023.
- Best Overall: Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
- Best Runner-Up: Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Exfoliating Powder
- Best Natural: Sukin Naturals Brightening Jelly Exfoliator
- Best Affordable: The Ordinary AHA + BHA Exfoliating Peeling Solution
- Best Luxury: Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial
- Best Anti-Aging: Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Universal Daily Peel
- Best For Dry Skin: KraveBeauty Kale-Lalu-yAHA Gentle Exfoliator
- Best For Oily Skin: Olehenriksen Pore-Balance Facial Sauna Scrub
- Best For Combination Skin: Youth To The People Mandelic Acid Exfoliant
- Best For Sensitive Skin: The Inkey List PHA Gentle Exfoliating Toner
- Best For Acne-Prone Skin: Paula’s Choice Clear Anti-Redness Exfoliator
Best Vegan Exfoliator Overall
Paula’s Choice has made the best vegan exfoliator. The vegan liquid exfoliant is great at getting rid of blackheads and blemishes and reducing the look of pores. We love how smooth and clear the skin feels after use, just make sure to follow it with a moisturizer.
Made from 2% salicylic acid, the exfoliant is gentle enough for all skin types. But for dry skin, we rather recommend 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant – a more hydrating vegan glycolic acid exfoliant. Read our full review of the 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant here.
- What we like: skin starts to feel more smooth, fine lines are less visible, lightweight liquid
- What we don’t like: can irritate the eye area
- What reviews say: reduces blackheads, skin texture improves, pores are less clogged
Exfoliating ingredients: salicylic acid | Other ingredients: green tea, methyl propanediol | Main benefits: exfoliating, boosting, brightening | Features: vegan, artificial fragrance-free, made in the USA
Shop on: Amazon, Sephora, Official Site
Best Vegan Exfoliator Runner-Up
This cult-favorite exfoliating powder from Dermalogica also happens to be vegan. The exfoliator combines papaya and rice enzymes with salicylic acid. It also includes phytic acid which is an extra gentle exfoliator with great antioxidant powers.
The vegan exfoliating powder also has soothing colloidal oatmeal and allantoin. After exfoliating, your skin will feel calm, poreless, and silky smooth. While not the cheapest product, this vegan exfoliant lasts you a long time. Read our full review here.
- What we like: softens and makes the skin glow, does not irritate sensitive skin
- What we don’t like: difficult and messy to use
- What reviews say: skin starts to feel more clean and fresh, a little goes a long way
Exfoliating ingredients: papain, rice enzymes, salicylic acid, phytic acid | Other ingredients: white tea, licorice, colloidal oatmeal, allantoin | Main benefits: exfoliating, soothing, brightening | Features: vegan, artificial fragrance-free, artificial colors-free, made in the USA
Shop on: Amazon, Sephora, Official Site
Best Natural Vegan Exfoliator
If you are looking for a natural vegan exfoliator, the Australian vegan brand Sukin has made a beautiful one using pineapple enzymes and passionfruit seeds. The formula also includes Kakadu plum as well as jojoba, shea, and cocoa butter.
All these natural goodies get rid of dead skin cells while brightening the skin and nourishing it with healthy fatty acids. A great vegan face exfoliator for all skin types, it is free of harsh additives and synthetic fragrances.
- What we like: brightens and smoothes, not harsh for sensitive skin
- What we don’t like: the scrub is not very hard
- What reviews say: great price value, great to use before applying makeup, lovely scent
Exfoliating ingredients: bromelain, passionfruit seeds | Other ingredients: Kakadu plum, jojoba, shea, cocoa butter | Main benefits: exfoliating, smoothing, brightening | Features: vegan, artificial fragrance-free, artificial colors-free, silicone-free, mineral oil-free, recyclable packaging, made in Australia
Shop on: Amazon, Walmart
Best Affordable Vegan Exfoliator
The Ordinary offers the best affordable vegan exfoliator. It’s actually one of the best exfoliators across all price categories. A combination of AHAs and BHAs, this vegan exfoliating peel makes the skin brighter and smoother right after use.
The vegan exfoliating mask also has hydrating hyaluronic acid, soothing Tasmanian pepper berry, and black carrot extract that gives the formula its natural bright color. We recommend this exfoliator for normal, dry, oily, and combination skin.
- What we like: it’s affordable, skin starts to feel softer and fresher
- What we don’t like: can irritate very sensitive skin
- What reviews say: reduces acne, great exfoliator, brightens and makes the skin glow
Exfoliating ingredients: glycolic, lactic, tartaric, citric, salicylic acid | Other ingredients: hyaluronic acid, vitamin B5, black carrot, Tasmanian pepperberry | Main benefits: exfoliating, brightening, peeling | Features: vegan, alcohol-free, oil-free, gluten-free, silicone-free, artificial fragrance-fee, made in Canada
Shop on: Amazon, Sephora, Official Site
Best Luxury Vegan Exfoliator
If you are looking for a professional spa facial experience, try this vegan exfoliating mask from Drunk Elephant. Made with AHAs, BHAs, and a variety of beautiful natural extracts, this mask leaves your skin silky smooth and glowing.
We love the creamy consistency of the mask, it glides on smoothly and has a comfortable pump disposer. As the mask is quite potent, do not leave it on longer than 20 minutes to avoid redness. Sensitive skin should be careful.
- What we like: helps with clogged pores, the overall complexion looks brighter and smoother
- What we don’t like: needs a few weeks to see results
- What reviews say: helps with hormonal acne, skin looks more plumped and healthy
Exfoliating ingredients: glycolic, tartaric, lactic, citric, salicylic acid | Other ingredients: chickpea flour, matcha, pumpkin, pomegranate, cactus, marula oil | Main benefits: softening, smoothing, resurfacing | Features: vegan, essential oils-free, silicone-free, artificial fragrance-free, made in the USA
Shop on: Amazon, Sephora
Best Anti-Aging Vegan Exfoliator
Universal Daily Peel is our favorite anti-aging vegan exfoliator. It makes the skin visibly brighter and much more radiant. Pores shrink and dark spots fade. It also reduces fine lines and wrinkles by smoothening the skin’s texture.
The vegan acid peel works in two steps. Five acids remove dead skin cells while chamomile, green tea, retinol, and hyaluronic acid hydrate and balance the skin. This exfoliator is good for normal, dry, combo, and oily skin. For sensitive skin, we suggest the Ultra Gentle Daily Peel.
- What we like: leaves a fresh feeling, skin is tighter and brighter
- What we don’t like: too harsh for sensitive skin
- What reviews say: skin feels less oily and cleaner, small wrinkles are less visible
Exfoliating ingredients: glycolic, lactic, malic, citric, salicylic acid | Other ingredients: chamomile, green tea, hyaluronic acid, retinol | Main benefits: smoothing, brightening, exfoliating | Features: vegan, gluten-free, artificial fragrance-free, recyclable packaging, made in the USA
Shop on: Amazon, Sephora
Best Vegan Exfoliator For Dry Skin
KraveBeauty has created a fantastic vegan exfoliator for dry skin. The gentle formula uses non-drying glycolic acid, hydrating hyaluronic acid, aloe, vitamin B5, and leafy greens. It melts away dead skin cells leaving your skin soft and glowing. It is also safe for sensitive skin.
- What we like: skin starts to look more radiating and clean, and the overall skin texture will get softer after a few weeks
- What we don’t like: it can be harsh around the eye area
- What reviews say: helps with hormonal acne, does not irritate sensitive skin
Exfoliating ingredients: glycolic acid | Other ingredients: hyaluronic acid, kale, spinach, parsley, aloe, vitamin B5 | Main benefits: soothing, brightening, exfoliating | Features: vegan, artificial fragrance-free, artificial colors-free
Shop on: Amazon, Official site
Best Vegan Exfoliator For Oily Skin
For oily skin, nothing beats the bestselling Sauna Scrub. This vegan face exfoliator unclogs pores, clarifies the skin, and absorbs excess oil with AHAs and volcanic sand. Antiseptic greens balance the skin and prevent future breakouts.
Though we usually recommend oily skin to choose BHA exfoliators, this AHA scrub works just so well with the volcanic sand to purify and balance oily skin. Inspired by Scandinavian saunas, this scrub gives the cleanest, freshest feel.
- What we like: leaves a warm feeling on the skin, helps with clogged pores
- What we don’t like: it’s hard to get the product out of the tube
- What reviews say: reduces acne and smooths damaged areas, skin feels softer and healthier
Exfoliating ingredients: glycolic and lactic acid, volcanic sand | Other ingredients: green tea, eucalyptus, algae, Irish moss | Main benefits: exfoliating, purifying, smoothing | Features: vegan, silicone-free, artificial fragrance-free, made in the USA
Shop on: Amazon, Sephora
Best Vegan Exfoliator For Combination Skin
Combination skin will love the poreless look from this vegan mandelic acid exfoliant. It gently exfoliates the skin, removes blemishes, tightens pores, and supports the skin’s protective barrier with an antioxidant blend. It makes the skin soft and smooth without dryness or irritation.
- What we like: reduces fine lines and helps with small breakouts, skin starts to feel more smooth
- What we don’t like: the formula is often very different
- What reviews say: does not irritate even sensitive skin, leaves a nice clean and hydrated feeling
Exfoliating ingredients: mandelic acid, salicylic acid, gluconolactone | Other ingredients: kale, licorice root, green tea, glucosamine | Main benefits: smoothing, exfoliating, hydrating | Features: vegan, artificial fragrance-free, recyclable packaging, alcohol-free, made in the USA
Shop on: Amazon, Sephora
Best Vegan Exfoliator For Sensitive Skin
The Inkey List has made it the gentlest vegan exfoliator for sensitive skin. The unscented vegan exfoliating toner features polyhydroxy acids – tender non-abrasive chemical exfoliators that melt away dead surface cells and help lock in moisture. The toner also has soothing aloe.
- What we like: gentle exfoliation, cleanses the skin and reduces redness
- What we don’t like: has an uncomfortable sticky texture
- What reviews say: improves skin texture, great price value
Best Vegan Exfoliator For Acne-Prone Skin
With acne-prone skin, you can find relief from this powerful yet gentle vegan face exfoliator. Available in Regular and Extra Strength, the salicylic acid solution is effective in clearing blemishes, unclogging pores, and reducing redness. It also prevents future breakouts.
- What we like: clears acne, leaves a moisturized feeling
- What we don’t like: at first feels like burning on the skin
- What reviews say: pores are less clogged, reduces skin oil levels, reduces redness
Exfoliating ingredients: salicylic acid | Other ingredients: RS: hyaluronic acid, allantoin, panthenol; ES: green tea | Main benefits: exfoliating, calming, cleanses | Features: vegan, mineral oil-free, gluten-free, recyclable packaging, artificial fragrance-free, made in the USA
Shop on: Amazon, Sephora, Official Site
Vegan Exfoliating Skincare Products
Looking for a two-in-one solution? See our selection of the best vegan exfoliating cleansers, toners, serums, moisturizers, and face masks.
Best Vegan Exfoliating Cleanser
This vegan exfoliating cleanser from Tata Harper is perfect. The natural formula gently exfoliates your skin with apricot microspheres and white willow bark extract. It also nourishes the skin with olive oil. A super refreshing natural cleanser that makes the skin soft and clean.
- What we like: gentle scrub which gives an extra cleanse, works great with sensitive skin
- What we don’t like: leaves a little oily finish on the skin
- What reviews say: it cleanses and hydrates at the same time, leaves the skin very soft
Exfoliating ingredients: salicylic acid, apricot microspheres | Other ingredients: olive oil liquid crystal complex | Main benefits: exfoliating, cleansing, hydrating | Features: vegan, artificial fragrances free, GMO-free, artificial colors free, toxins free, made in the USA
Best Vegan Exfoliating Toner
Pixi Glow Tonic is a bestseller for a reason. This vegan exfoliating toner really makes your skin soft and radiant thanks to glycolic acid. The toner also includes ginseng to revive the skin and aloe vera to soothe it. The alcohol-free formula is good for all skin types.
- What we like: makes the skin look bright and healthier, exfoliates but not very hard
- What we don’t like: it contains fragrances
- What reviews say: smoothes the skin and leaves a nice soft feeling, fits for different age groups
Exfoliating ingredients: glycolic acid, sucrose | Other ingredients: ginseng, aloe vera, fructose | Main benefits: brightening, exfoliating, smoothening | Features: vegan, alcohol-free
Best Vegan Exfoliating Serum
Good Genes is our favorite vegan exfoliating serum. It features lactic acid – one of the best acids to make the skin smoother, firmer, and visibly plump fine lines. This vegan serum also includes licorice to brighten the skin and reduce dark spots. Overall, a great rejuvenator.
- What we like: skin feels softer and healthier, does not dry out sensitive skin
- What we don’t like: absorbs into the skin very slowly
- What reviews say: makes spots and wrinkles less visible, skin starts to glow
Exfoliating ingredients: purified lactic acid | Other ingredients: licorice, lemongrass, prickly pear extract | Main benefits: exfoliating, brightening, smoothing | Features: vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, fragrance-free, made in the USA
Best Vegan Exfoliating Moisturizer
This high-quality vegan moisturizer simultaneously exfoliates and replenishes your skin. Made with AHAs, ceramides, and vegan squalane, the lightweight cream gives the skin a smooth and hydrated look. The oil-free formula fits both oily and dry skin types.
- What we like: reduces fine lines, easy to apply
- What we don’t like: takes time to absorb
- What reviews say: improves skin texture and makes it softer, pores are less visible
Exfoliating ingredients: lactic acid | Other ingredients: glycolic acid, malic acid | Main benefits: strengthening, smoothing, softening | Features: vegan, artificial fragrances free, made in the USA
Best Vegan Exfoliating Face Mask
Youth To The People has made an amazing exfoliating vegan face mask for an at-home microdermabrasion session. The vegan facial renews and smoothens your skin with bamboo micro-particles and papaya and pineapple enzymes. Read our full review here.
- What we like: exfoliates deeply and leaves a nice healthy glow, a quick treatment for the skin
- What we don’t like: can be harsh for sensitive skin
- What reviews say: softens and makes the skin very smooth, a more refreshed and clean feeling
Exfoliating ingredients: bamboo, diatomaceous earth, papain, bromelain, lactic acid | Other ingredients: yerba mate, guayusa, dragonfruit| Main benefits: softening, smoothing, exfoliating | Features: vegan, gluten-free, reef-safe, artificial fragrance-free, made in the USA
Best Vegan Face Scrubs
A vegan face scrub is a type of exfoliator that has a creamy basis with tiny exfoliating particles. The particles can be either mechanical or chemical. Here are our favorite vegan face scrubs:
- Acure Brightening Vegan Facial Scrub: all skin types
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Scrub: best for oily and combination skin
- Pacifica Pore Warrior Soft Scrub: best for blemishes and pores
- Paula’s Choice The UnScrub: best for sensitive skin
- Derma E Microdermabrasion Scrub: best for wrinkles
- Ethique Gingersnap Scrub: plastic-free vegan exfoliator
Best Vegan Body Scrubs
Vegan body scrubs are good at invigorating your skin by removing dead skin cells as well as reducing bumps and cellulite. Here are our favorite vegan body exfoliators:
- Frank Body Cacao Coffee Scrub: skin-softening vegan coffee scrub with cocoa extract, macadamia oil, and sweet almond oil, good for stretch marks and cellulite
- Osea Salts of the Earth Body Scrub: softening and smoothing vegan salt scrub with shea butter and seaweed, great anti-aging benefits
- Herbivore Coco Rose Exfoliating Body Scrub: nourishing vegan sugar scrub with coconut, shea butter, pink clay, and rose petals
See our full selection of the best vegan body scrubs here.
What Makes An Exfoliator Vegan
Exfoliators are not always vegan. The active ingredients in exfoliators usually are vegan but the product may contain other animal-derived ingredients or be tested on animals.
The most common non-vegan ingredients in exfoliators are honey, milk enzymes, and pearl extracts. Taken from oysters, pearl powder is often used as a luxury exfoliating agent.
Exfoliators can also include other animal extracts such as silk or collagen or animal-derived emollients like lanolin or glycerin (glycerin can also be vegan).
In 2023, you can a wide variety of vegan exfoliators though. Both physical and chemical exfoliators can easily be made vegan – an option more and more brands use.
Physical aka mechanical exfoliators use hard particles that are usually plant-based. The most common granules in scrubs include sugar, salt, coffee, walnut, and rice bran.
Even plastic microbeads – which are luckily banned by many countries – are essentially still vegan. Newer biodegradable particles are also plant-based (e.g. jojoba wax beads).
Since physical exfoliators balance hard particles with a creamy basis, you need to still be careful that your physical scrub is animal-free. Certified vegan labels help to assure that.
Chemical exfoliating agents are also a vegan-friendly bunch. Using acids or enzymes, the active ingredients in chemical exfoliants are typically plant-based or man-made from plants.
Be it alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs), beta-hydroxy acids (BHAs), or poly-hydroxy acids (PHA), acid exfoliators mainly utilize the power of plant extracts and plant sugars.
For example, these popular chemical exfoliators are all vegan:
- Glycolic acid – AHA derived from sugarcane
- Citric acid – AHA made from citrus fruits
- Tartaric acid – AHA made from fermented grapes
- Lactic acid – AHA made from fermented corn, beet, and sugarcane
- Mandelic acid – AHA derived from bitter almonds
- Malic acid – AHA derived from apples and pears
- Phytic acid – AHA derived from grains, legumes, and rice
- Salicylic acid – BHA derived from the bark of willow trees
- Betaine salicylate – BHA from sugarcane, birch, and royal azalea tree
- Gluconolactone – PHA derived from gluconic acid (glucose)
- Bromelain – a vegan enzyme derived from pineapple
- Papain – vegan enzyme extracted from papaya
Other popular exfoliating vegan enzymes include pumpkin, apricot, and lemon extracts.
Is Lactic Acid Really Vegan?
Despite its name, lactic acid in exfoliators is usually vegan. While lactic acid can be extracted from milk, it also occurs during the natural fermentation process of plants.
What you need to be more careful with are galactose and lactobionic acid. These two polyhydroxy acids (while not commonly used) can be derived from animal milk.
Overall, it is best to choose an exfoliator with a vegan marking or certified vegan label. That way, you can be sure you are supporting a completely animal-free exfoliator.
What To Look For In Vegan Exfoliators
When it comes to vegan exfoliators, we generally prefer chemical exfoliators to physical ones. Chemical exfoliators are safer yet they penetrate the skin better.
Physical exfoliators slough away dead skin cells whereas chemical exfoliators are non-abrasive – they break the bonds that hold dead skin cells together.
From vegan chemical exfoliants, dry skin and mature skin should go for vegan AHA exfoliators. Glycolic acid and lactic acid renew the skin beautifully while also hydrating it.
For oily, combination, and acne-prone skin, vegan BHA exfoliators are best. Salicylic acid is great at removing blemishes, and blackheads, minimizing pores, and balancing sebum.
Acne-prone skin can also try mandelic acid. It’s a larger molecule vegan AHA that penetrates the skin better and helps reduce acne and acne scars.
Sensitive skin should be very careful with exfoliation since skin sensitivities often stem from a compromised skin barrier. A safer choice for sensitive skin is gentle vegan PHA acids.
Often, vegan skincare products use a combination of AHAs and BHAs that work for all skin types. We also recommend vegan enzyme exfoliants for brightening and evening skin tone.
How We Review Vegan Exfoliators
Finding a great vegan exfoliator can be difficult. Here is how we have picked out products for our list of best vegan exfoliators.
- Exfoliating ingredients – A vegan exfoliator is as good as its exfoliating actives. Based on our personal experience, our sympathies lie with chemical AHA and BHA exfoliators. Chemical peels are more effective and skin-friendlier.
- No plastic microbeads – It goes without saying the best vegan exfoliators are made without plastic microbeads. Instead, good vegan scrubs use natural plant wax beads or natural exfoliators like sugar or salt.
- Visible results – Vegan exfoliators need to show visible results. When exfoliating regularly, you need to see smoother and radiant skin in time. Otherwise, there is no need to even use an exfoliator.
- Redness & Irritation – While every skin reacts differently, we try to avoid listing vegan exfoliators that have caused irritation and redness. A good exfoliant has found a balance between effective and non-abrasive.
Why Trust Us
Vegan Avenue writers are experts in vegan exfoliators having tested tens of different exfoliating products over the course of two years. We have a good overview of all the latest vegan exfoliating ingredients and can recommend the best products for every skin type.
Our team believes that exfoliating is as important as cleansing and moisturizing. Proper exfoliation ups the effectiveness of your whole skincare routine. Thus, we put extra care into finding and reviewing vegan exfoliators that are worth our attention.
Vegan Exfoliators Comparison
|Brand||Product||Type||Exoliating Ingredients||Main Benefits|
|Paula’s Choice||Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant||Overall||Salicylic Acid||Exfoliating, Boosting, Brightening|
|Dermalogica||Daily Microfoliant Exfoliating Powder||Overall||Papain, Rice Enzymes, Salicylic Acid, Phytic Acid||Exfoliating, Soothing|
|Sukin Naturals||Brightening Jelly||Natural||Bromelain, Passionfruit Seeds||Exfoliating, Smoothing|
|The Ordinary||AHA + BHA Exfoliating Peeling Solution||Affordable||Glycolic, Lactic, Tartaric, Citric, Salicylic Acid||Exfoliating, Brightening, Peeling|
|Drunk Elephant||T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial||Luxury||Glycolic, Tartaric, Lactic, Citric, Salicylic Acids||Softening, Smoothing, Resurfacing|
|Dr. Dennis Gross||Alpha Beta Universal Daily Peel||Anti-Aging||Glycolic, Lactic, Malic, Citric, Salicylic Acids||Smoothing, Anti-Aging|
|KraveBeauty||Kale-Lalu-yAHA Gentle Exfoliator||For Dry Skin||Glycolic Acid||Soothing|
|Olehenriksen||Pore-Balance Facial Sauna Scrub||For Oily Skin||Glycolic And Lactic Acid, Volcanic Sand||Purifying|
|Youth To The People||Mandelic Acid Exfoliant||For Combination Skin||Mandelic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Gluconolactone||Smoothing|
|The Inkey List||PHA Gentle Exfoliating Toner||For Sensitive Skin||Gluconolactone||Moisturizing|
|Paula’s Choice||Clear Anti-Redness Exfoliator||For Acne-Prone Skin||Salicylic Acid||Cleansing|
FAQ About Vegan Exfoliators
Exfoliators are not necessarily vegan. Exfoliators can be tested on animals or include animal-derived ingredients such as honey, pearl extract, milk protein, collagen, or animal-based glycerin.
In skincare, lactic acid is typically vegan and derived from fermented plants. But you still should confirm it with the skincare producer to be double-sure.
You can find a wide variety of vegan exfoliators on Sephora and Amazon. Vegan brands like Pacifica Beauty and The Ordinary also sell many good drugstore vegan exfoliators.
The best vegan exfoliator is Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant.
Yes. The 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant is vegan.
No. ExfoliKate exfoliator is not vegan and includes honey.
The Rice Polish Original is not vegan and contains silk. The Rice Polish Deep and The Rice Polish Gentle are vegan and silk-free.
Yes. T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial is 100% vegan.
The best vegan exfoliator for men is Marlowe No. 122 Men’s Facial Scrub. See more vegan skincare for men here.
Hope you liked our selection of vegan exfoliators to brighten and invigorate your skin.
Our favorite vegan exfoliators come from Paula’s Choice, Dr. Dennis Gross, The Ordinary, and Youth To The People. We also love the vegan exfoliating face serum from Sunday Riley.
While we prefer vegan chemical exfoliators, we also like some gentle vegan physical scrubs. Vegan body scrubs are also good for pampering both your body and soul.
Whichever vegan exfoliant you go for, make sure to read the instructions and not overdo it. It is also important not to leave exfoliating treatments on longer than said on the packaging.
See also: Best Vegan Cleansers
Update on May 05 (2023): Fact checked and medically reviewed by MD Shimona Garg
Update on February 18 (2023): Added a reference to support exfoliator benefits, and overall more references
Update on November 26 (2022): Added a comparison table
Update on July 25 (2022): We changed the top vegan exfoliator from Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Universal Daily Peel to Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant. The Dr. Dennis Gross exfoliator was instead added to the best anti-aging vegan exfoliator category. To explain how we select vegan exfoliators, we added a new section to describe our process.