Finding the right eye cream matters. Our eyes are first to show signs of aging and tiredness. Also, the skin around the eyes is also fragile and needs gentle care.
If you want to avoid iffy animal ingredients near your eyes, we’ve listed the best vegan eye creams for every skin type and concern.
Whether you are looking to reduce fine lines or lighten the dark circles – our variety of vegan eye creams below got you covered.
All products below are vegan and cruelty-free, meaning they are free of animal-derived ingredients and have not been tested on animals. 💚
Vegan Eye Creams By Concern
Vegan Eye Creams By Ingredient
Best Vegan Eye Serums
Best Vegan Eye Creams 2023
Here are our favorite vegan eye creams in 2023:
- Best overall: Youth To The People Superberry Dream Eye Cream
- Best runner-up: LilyAna Naturals Eye Cream
- Best affordable: Purito Centella Green Level Eye Cream
- Best organic: Eminence Organics Wild Plum Eye Cream
- Best with SPF: Coola Day SPF 30 & Night Eye Cream Duo
- Best for dark circles: Ren Brightening Dark Circle Eye Cream
- Best for wrinkles: Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Anti-Wrinkle Eye Treatment
- Best for puffiness: Dermalogica Awaken Peptide Depuffing Eye Gel
- Best for sensitive skin: Honest Beauty Calm & Renew Melting Eye Balm
Best Vegan Eye Cream Overall
Superberry Dream Eye Cream is the best vegan eye cream we’ve ever used. Made with vitamin C and hyaluronic acid, this overnight vegan eye cream beautifully hydrates the skin and gives your eyes a lifted and toned look. It also reduces fine lines, puffiness, and dark circles.
We love that this cream has vegan ceramides to replenish the skin barrier and lock in moisture. The formula is fragrance-free and uses a stable form of vitamin C. We haven’t experienced any tingle but sensitive skin should be still careful. Read our full review here.
- What we like: worth the price and a little goes a long way, extremely hydrating and rich
- What we don’t like: best to use it overnight because it doesn’t work well with make-up. The cream feels heavy and waxy after some time
- What reviews say: It hydrates extremely well, it feels thick but spreads on easily, cream solidifies after some time
Key ingredients: goji stem cell, hyaluronic acid, vitamin C (THD ascorbate), shea butter | Benefits: smoothes lines and wrinkles, hydrating, firms the skin, renewing and plumping | Features: vegan, fragrance-free, made in the USA
Best Vegan Eye Cream Runner-Up
Our runner-up is this bestselling natural vegan eye cream from LilyAna. The cream uses rosehip seed oil along with lots of plant antioxidants to moisturize the eye area, reduce crow’s feet, and brighten the skin. The natural cream is also safe for sensitive skin.
- What we like: absorbs well, is non-irritating, reduces puffiness, and has a lovely smell
- What we don’t like: the dispenser pushes out too much product
- What reviews say: well-received eye cream that is not too oily and gives good results, reviewers are not that pleased with the dispenser
Key ingredients: rosehip seed oil, aloe, hibiscus, vitamins c & e | Benefits: rejuvenating, locks in moisture, hydrating, reduces puffiness and dark circles, minimizes wrinkles | Features: vegan, natural ingredients, no artificial fragrances or colors, gluten-free, made in the USA
Best Affordable Vegan Eye Cream
Purito’s affordable vegan eye cream is made with soothing Centella Asiatica and skin-strengthening peptides. It provides superb hydration and reduces fine lines. It’s also a great vegan under-eye cream for eye bags and puffiness.
- What we like: thick and hydrates well, a tiny bit goes a long way, nice sanitary packaging
- What we don’t like: stings a bit when applying, this is probably due to essential oils: bergamot and lavender
- What reviews say: sits well under make-up, hydrating, nice calming effect on the skin
Key ingredients: centella asiatica, hyaluronic acid, peptides | Benefits: improves skins texture and elasticity, fights dryness and wrinkles, reduces large pores | Features: vegan, natural ingredients, made in Korea
Best Organic Vegan Eye Cream
This wonderful organic vegan eye cream is created with wild plums. This iron-rich fruit extract brightens the skin and visibly reduces dark circles. The cream also has shea butter, grape oil, and calendula to keep your eyes hydrated and nourished.
- What we like: skin feels supple and hydrated after the use
- What we don’t like: it is expensive but you don’t need to waste a lot for a great effect
- What reviews say: works well against dark circles, firming and very hydrating, smells lovely, it’s a bit pricey for an eye cream
Key ingredients: wild plum juice, shea butter, grape oil, calendula extract, green tea | Benefits: hydrating, soothing, reduces irritation and puffiness, fights signs of aging, firms skin | Features: vegan, certified organic, and natural ingredients
Best Vegan Eye Cream With SPF
Looking for a vegan eye cream with SPF? Try this clever duo from Coola with vitamin C day cream with SPF and resveratrol-rich night cream. Your eyes get the much-needed nightly nourishment and a boost of daily antioxidants with sun protection.
- What we like: convenient packaging, easy to use with a spatula
- What we don’t like: it has perfume in the formula
- What reviews say: easy to spread, clever packaging, great that it has SPF-s, smells lovely
Key ingredients: vitamin C, resveratrol, SPF | Benefits: revives stressed skin, reduces dark circles and fine lines, fights damage from free radicals, pollution, and blue light | Features: vegan, 70% certified organic ingredients, gluten-free, SPF, made in the USA
Best Vegan Eye Cream For Dark Circles
Ren has made a fantastic vegan eye cream to reduce dark circles. This natural vegan eye cream uses elderberry flower – an excellent skin-brightener that also prevents dark circles with antioxidants. The cream is irritation-free and you should see the results in just a week.
- What we like: nice texture, noticeably brightened dark circles
- What we don’t like: it doesn’t absorb if you don’t use it sparingly
- What reviews say: smooth and creamy texture, hydrating, plumping and firming, skin feels softer, reduces dark circles
Key ingredients: elderberry flower extract, glycogen | Benefits: reduces dark circles and puffiness, hydrating | Features: vegan, fragrance-free, suitable for sensitive skin, 95 % natural origin ingredients, made in the UK
Best Vegan Eye Cream For Wrinkles
Juice Beauty’s Stem Cellular Anti-Wrinkle Eye Treatment is the best vegan anti-aging eye cream. This organic vegan eye wrinkle cream consists of a cocktail of botanical juices, fruit stem cells, vitamins, and fatty acids – all to smoothen out wrinkles and crow’s feet. Over time, the cream makes your skin much more toned and even the deepest lines go to hide.
- What we like: absorbs well, gentle, not greasy
- What we don’t like: container feels overdesigned, it uses too much plastic in our opinion
- What reviews say: leaves skin soft, firming, reduces fine lines and wrinkles, doesn’t irritate
Key ingredients: jojoba oil, shea butter, evening primrose oil, vitamins c, e & b5 | Benefits: rich hydration, reduces dark circles, fine lines, and wrinkles | Features: vegan, certified organic ingredients, no artificial dyes or fragrances, for all skin types, made in the USA
Best Vegan Eye Cream For Puffiness
Dermalogica’s Awaken Peptide Depuffing Eye Gel is the best vegan eye cream for bags and puffiness. Massaging it gently to your eye area helps visibly reduce swollen eyes and gives you are more youthful and awake look.
This vegan eye gel reduces puffiness with peptides, caffeine, and rosemary leaf extract. We love the cold gel texture, it really awakes your skin and gives your eyes a fresh, youthful look. Peptides also strengthen and firm the skin.
- What we like: reduces puffiness really noticeably
- What we don’t like: feels a little drying
- What reviews say: has a depuffing effect, nice cooling sensation, firming effect, doesn’t clog pores, tightens as it dries
Key ingredients: tetrapeptide blend, caffeine, rosemary leaf extract | Benefits: fights puffiness, dryness, loss of firmness, anti-aging | Features: vegan, no fragrance, no essential oils, made in the USA
Best Vegan Eye Cream For Sensitive Skin
Sensitive skin will love this soothing vegan eye cream. A blend of calming lipids, aloe, argan oil, and shea butter, this soft balm instantly nourishes and soothes your eye area. It also reduces puffiness. The hypoallergenic cream is free of fragrance, silicones, and all harsh chemicals.
- What we like: rich and luxurious cream
- What we don’t like: didn’t absorb well, best to use sparingly
- What reviews say: brightens and hydrates the skin, plumping and smoothing effect, no irritation, healing and soothing for dry and sensitive skin
Key ingredients: cell energizer, shea butter, argan oil, aloe, phyto blend | Benefits: calming, nourishing, plumping, firming, for sensitive skin, soothes dry skin and eczema | Features: vegan, no fragrances, hypoallergenic, dermatologically tested
Vegan Eye Creams By Concern
Looking to address a specific skin issue? These vegan eye creams target undereye puffiness, eye bags, dark circles, fine lines, wrinkles, skin sensitivities, and more.
- For dryness: Acure Radically Rejuvenating Eye Cream
- For redness: Purito Centella Unscented Eye Cream
- For dark circles: Ren Brightening Dark Circle Eye Cream
- For eye bags: Dermalogica Awaken Peptide Depuffing Eye Gel
- For fine lines: Alpyn Beauty PlantGenius Line-Filling Eye Balm
- For wrinkles: Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Anti-Wrinkle Eye Treatment
- For irritation: Honest Beauty Calm & Renew Melting Eye Balm
Vegan Eye Creams By Ingredient
If your wish your vegan eye cream to feature a certain key ingredient, here are some good options. Shop vegan eye creams with retinol, caffeine, and other vegan actives.
- With caffeine: 100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream
- With retinol: Dr. Dennis Gross Triple Correction Eye Serum
- With peptides: Youth To The People Superfood Peptide Eye Cream
- With algae: Biossance Squalane + Marine Algae Eye Cream
- With vitamin C: I Dew Care Glow-Key Brightening Vitamin C Eye Cream
- With vitamin E: The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisturizing Eye Cream
- With collagen: Derma E Advanced Peptides and Collagen Eye Cream
- With ceramides: Pacifica Vegan Ceramide Barrier Cream
- With niacinamide: First Aid Beauty Eye Duty Brightening Cream
- With hyaluronic acid: Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream
Best Vegan Eye Serums
A vegan eye serum is less oily than a cream yet packed with active ingredients. These are our favorite vegan eye serums for hydration, wrinkles, eye bags, and dark circles.
- Dermalogica Biolumin-C Vitamin C Eye Serum: Amazon, Sephora
- Sunday Riley 5 Stars Retinol + Niacinamide Eye Serum: Amazon, Sephora
- Dr. Dennis Gross Advanced Retinol + Ferulic Eye Serum: Amazon, Sephora
- The Ordinary Depuffing Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG: Amazon, Sephora
- Drunk Elephant Shaba Complex Eye Serum: Sephora
What Makes Eye Cream Vegan?
Vegan eye cream is a vegan moisturizer free of animal ingredients. Vegan eye cream is also not tested on animals and does not contain ingredients tested on animals.
The most common ingredients to make eye cream not vegan are collagen, honey, and beeswax. While collagen can be also plant-based, the protein is commonly derived from cattle waste.
To make sure you are buying a cruelty-free vegan eye cream, search for one with a certified vegan label from PETA or The Vegan Society. Or pick a vegan eye cream from our list.
What To Look For In Vegan Eye Cream?
There are many things to take into consideration when buying a vegan eye cream. First, identify your key concerns and then find the right vegan eye cream to address them.
Since our eye area is very delicate, prefer vegan eye creams free of harsh chemicals and irritants such as perfume and mineral oils. Sensitive skin should also avoid essential oils.
Our favorite vegan ingredients in eye creams are vegan ceramides, peptides, algae, and caffeine. These plant-based ingredients keep your eyes hydrated and prevent premature signs of aging.
When looking for a vegan eye cream, also remember that eye creams are not miracle workers. The main function of eye cream is to keep your eye area hydrated and nourished.
If your eyes look tired and puffy, make sure you are drinking enough water and limiting salt in your diet. To prevent fine lines and dark spots, don’t forget to wear vegan sunscreen.
How We Review Vegan Eye Creams
When reviewing vegan eye creams, we evaluate many different aspects of the product and the brands. Our three key aspects in determining the winners were:
- Active ingredients – What are the main active ingredients and extracts used in the vegan eye cream? We prefer eye creams with at least one effective science-backed active, be it vitamin C, retinol, peptides, ceramides, niacinamide, algae, or caffeine.
- Use of chemicals – Is the eye cream free of harsh additives such as sulfates, parabens, petrochemicals as well as artificial colorings and fragrances? While we don’t believe in ‘toxic’ ingredients, there is no need to expose your eyes to overly many chemical components.
- Irritability – Does the vegan eye cream irritate the eye area or sting when it gets in the eyes? It is important that the eye cream is safe for sensitive skin. Yet, we did make an exception with vitamin C creams since the potential sting outweighs the benefits of this active ingredient.
- Brand – Is the eye cream brand fully vegan? And does the brand stand for clean and skin-friendly beauty? Sustainable vegan brands always come first on our list.
Vegan Night Cream Comparison
|Brand||Product||Type||Key Ingredients||Main Benefits|
|Youth To The People||Superberry Dream Eye Cream||Overall||Goji Stem Cell, Hyaluronic Acid||Smoothes Lines And Wrinkles|
|LilyAna||Naturals Eye Cream||Overall||Rosehip Seed Oil, Aloe, Hibiscus||Rejuvenating, Locks In Moisture|
|Purito||Centella Green Level Eye Cream||Affordable||Centella, Hyaluronic Acid, Peptides||Improves Texture And Elasticity|
|Eminence Organics||Wild Plum Eye Cream||Organic||wild plum juice, Shea Butter||Hydrating, Soothing|
|Coola||Day SPF 30 & Night Eye Cream Duo||With SPF||Vitamin C, Resveratrol||Revives Stressed Skin, Reduces Dark Circles And Fine Lines|
|Ren||Brightening Dark Circle Eye Cream||For Darkle Circles||Elderberry, Glycogen||Reduces Dark Circles And Puffiness|
|Juice Beauty||Stem Cellular Anti-Wrinkle Eye Treatment||For Wrinkles||Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter||Rich Hydration|
|Dermalogica||Awaken Peptide Depuffing Eye Gel||For Puffiness||Tetrapeptide Blend, Caffeine||Fights Puffiness, Dryness, Loss Of Firmness|
|Honest Beauty||Calm & Renew Melting Eye Balm||For Sensitive Skin||Shea Butter, Argan Oil, Aloe||Calming, Nourishing, Plumping|
Why Trust Us
Vegan Avenue is a vegan lifestyle blog primarily specializing in vegan skincare. We have reviewed hundreds of vegan skincare brands and know our way through the latest skincare science.
When listing the best vegan eye creams, our team collectively tried out tens of different products. We then combined our personal experiences with different online reviews.
FAQ About Vegan Eye Creams
Eye creams can be both vegan and not vegan. The most common animal-derived ingredients in eye creams include bovine collagen, beeswax, and honey.
Most common eye cream ingredients are vegan, some of the most popular ones include caffeine, peptides, plant ceramides, hyaluronic acid, retinol, and vitamin C.
The widest selection of vegan eye creams is available on Amazon, Sephora, and Ulta.
Yes, the cream was recently reformulated and is now vegan. Beeswax was replaced by synthetic beeswax.
No, the Caffeine Eye Cream has beeswax. Their Retinol Eye Cream is vegan though.
Harry’s Brightening Eye Cream is the best vegan eye cream for men. See more men’s vegan skincare here.
In 2023, you can find vegan eye creams to address every type of skin issue. From depuffing to line-filling vegan eye creams – there’s a cream for every need.
We love vegan eye creams from Biossance, Pacifica, Dermalogica, and other vegan and cruelty-free brands. Hope you discovered a new favorite eye treat from our list.
For your eye area to stay youthful longer, remember to also stay hydrated, monitor your salt consumption, and wear sunscreen. Then your vegan skincare can work better as well.
Article update on May 05 (2023): Fact checked and medically reviewed by MD Shimona Garg
Article update on February 18 (2023): Added a reference to support eye cream benefits
Article update on February 1 (2023): We added a list of vegan eye serums to the article.