Face mist is your friend all year round. Be it a hot summer day or dry indoor air in the winter, every skin could use that occasional refreshing drink of hydration.
We have listed the best vegan face mists with hydrating, soothing, and anti-aging benefits. These vegan facial sprays will not disappoint.
What Makes A Face Mist Vegan
What To Look For In Vegan Face Mists
How We Review Vegan Face Mists
Best Vegan Face Mists 2022
These are our favorite vegan face mists in 2022:
- Best overall: Herbivore Botanicals Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist
- Runner-up: Youth To The People Adaptogen Activated Face Mist
- Best affordable: Derma E Hydrating Face Mist With Hyaluronic Acid
- Best anti-aging: Dermalogica Age Smart Antioxidant Hydramist
- Best for sensitive skin: Honest Beauty Calm & Go Face Mist
- Best for dry skin: Heritage Store Lavender Water & Glycerin Facial Mist
- Best for oily skin: Mario Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe, Herbs, And Rosewater
- Best for combination skin: I Dew Care Thirst Things Thirst Facial Mist Spray
Best Vegan Face Mist Overall
Our favorite vegan face mist comes from the widely known clean beauty brand Herbivore. Based in Seattle, Washington this all-natural brand uses herbs, butters, clay, sea salts, plant extracts, and natural oils.
Herbivore Botanicals Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist is soothing and refreshing. Skin feels smooth, refreshed, and smells great after use. You can use it on clean skin or over makeup to keep your skin fresh throughout the day.
It uses three ingredients to fight dryness. Organic rose water to reduce redness, hibiscus flower extract to soften skin, and vegan hyaluronic acid to lock in moisture.
- What we like: natural scent, refreshing and hydrating. Cooling and makes skin soft
- What we don’t like: it is expensive
- What reviews say: very positively reviewed face mist, users like it for its lovely scent and hydrating effect. Some users experienced a drying effect.
Key ingredients: organic rose water, hibiscus flower extract, vegan hyaluronic acid | Benefits: hydrating, nourishing, refreshing | Features: vegan, natural fragrance, no synthetic ingredients, suitable for all skin types, made in USA
Best Vegan Face Mist Runner-Up
Our runner-up vegan face mist comes from California. Adaptogen Soothe + Hydrate Activated Mist takes away redness, helps to hydrate your skin deeply, and leaves a lovely glow after use. It suits all skin types.
It uses shea-butter to ultra-hydrate, pentapeptide to calm your skin, reishi, and ashwagandha to combat signs of stress and aging.
- What we like: the mist is really fine, the product smells nice and skin feels soothed after the use
- What we don’t like: lactic acid in the ingredients can sometimes irritate sensitive skin
- What reviews say: reviewers are pleased with the fine mist and the effect of hydration, the face feels light, moisturized, and dewy
Key ingredients: shea butter, pentapeptides, hyaluronic acid, reishi, ashwagandha | Benefits: hydrating, nourishing, refreshing | Features: certified 100 % vegan ingredients, no added fragrance, made in USA
Best Affordable Vegan Face Mist
The best affordable vegan face mist comes from Southern-Californian brand Derma E.
The mist uses hyaluronic acid for hydration, rose water for a burst of antioxidants, and coconut water for an even deeper moisturizing effect. This mist is perfect for our everyday healthy skin care. Skin feels supple, radiant, and smooth after use.
- What we like: takes away dryness and itchiness, skin felt revitalized and smooth
- What we don’t like: sometimes mist was not fine enough and left drops onto face
- What reviews say: refreshing, moisturizing without leaving skin sticky, and has a calming effect on the skin. Some problems with packaging have occurred, and some customers have received leaky bottles.
Key ingredients: hyaluronic acid, rose water, coconut water | Benefits: hydrating, soothing, refreshing | Features: 100 % vegan, all-natural ingredients, made in USA
Best Anti-Aging Vegan Face Mist
Our pick for anti-aging vegan mist comes from California. Dermalogica has created the Antioxidant Hydramist that helps to tackle signs of aging.
Among other powerful ingredients, we find vitamin C to revive collagen production, pea extract to firm skin, and glucosamine that helps to form hyaluronic acid and collagen.
- What we like: little goes a long way, you don’t need much to feel hydrated
- What we don’t like: the smell is too medicinal
- What reviews say: skin feels refreshed and hydrated without feeling oily. The product dries quickly, it has a tightening effect
Key ingredients: vitamin C, glucosamine, pea extract | Main benefits: anti-aging, hydrating, stimulates collagen production, refreshing | Features: vegan, no artificial colors or fragrances, made in the USA
Best Vegan Face Mist For Sensitive Skin
This face mist is superb for sensitive skin. It has clean, natural ingredients and it is soothing and refreshing.
Honest Beauty face mist has an ultra-fine, well-covering mist to cover your face with all the best ingredients. Among others, Pro-Vitamin B5 relaxes your skin and Phyto-Blend supports the skin barrier against the environment.
- What we like: the scent is very mild, the only noticeable scent is from the necessary ingredients
- What we don’t like: its a nice refresher but it wasn’t deeply hydrating for us
- What reviews say: reduces redness, smells nice, refreshing, and calming. Pleasantly fine and covering mist, it is important to avoid contact with the eyes, it irritates
Key ingredients: Pro-Vitamin B5, Phyto-Blend | Main benefits: soothing, calming, reduces redness, renewing | Features: vegan, clean and natural ingredients, for sensitive skin, fragrance-free
Best Vegan Face Mist For Dry Skin
This well-liked natural vegan face mist is made by Heritage Store. Situated in Utah and created in 1969 they offer products that contain only essential ingredients.
Lavender water reduces inflammation and balances moisture levels. Vegetable glycerine draws water from the atmosphere and not from your skin, and Vor-Mag water gives energy. Dry skin feels soft, fresh, and plump right after use.
- What we like: lavender scent was lovely and relaxing
- What we don’t like: scent faded away quickly
- What reviews say: great value for the price, makes skin glow. Some also thought that the scent fades too quickly
Key ingredients: lavender, glycerine, Vor-Mag water |Main benefits: reduces inflammation, hydrating, reduces redness, renewing |Features: vegan, clean, and natural ingredients, for dry skin, fragrance-free, free of dyes, dermatologist tested
Best Vegan Face Mist For Oily Skin
Our pick for oily skin is Mario Badescu’s Facial Spray. The lightweight vegan mist has rejuvenating and anti-inflammatory rose extract and gardenia extract to protect the oily skin from external stressors. Extra hydration comes from soothing aloe vera.
Skin feels glowing, radiant, and healthy right after use.
- What we like: has a good rose fragrance, feels light and soothing on the skin
- What we don’t like: not suitable for sensitive skin or eczema, propylene glycol in the face mist may cause irritation
- What reviews say: good fragrance, good for setting make-up, very lightweight formula, soothing. Some felt that it made their skin sticky.
Key ingredients: rose extract, thyme, aloe vera | Main benefits: rejuvenating, hydrating, re-energizing, full of antioxidants | Features: vegan, oil-free, for oily and combination skin
Best Vegan Face Mist For Combination Skin
Our pick for the best vegan mist for combination skin is I Dew Care Thirst Things Thirst.
This face mist is great for combination skin. It uses vitamin C, lemon peel, and apple seed oil for a kick of moisture. The formula has also pomegranate extract for a boost of vitamins. Combo skin feels radiant, hydrated, and balanced after use.
- What we like: great scent and gives skin a noticeable bright look
- What we don’t like: pricey for a face mist
- What reviews say: it is hydrating, skin feels dewy, not for a very dry skin
Key ingredients: vitamin C, lemon peel, apple seed oil, pomegranate extract | Main benefits: revitalizing, retains moisture, brightens the skin | Features: vegan, gluten-free, water + oil formula made in South Korea
What Makes A Face Mist Vegan
You would think face mist is a vegan product but that is not always the case. Face mists can include several animal-derived ingredients such as honey or animal glycerin.
Face mists can also be tested on animals which makes them not vegan. To make sure you are buying a vegan face mist, prefer products and brands with a certified vegan label.
What To Look For In Vegan Face Mists
There are multiple things to consider when buying a vegan face mist.
First and foremost, the mist needs to have a fine consistency. Only fine mists can get into your skin and provide deep hydration along with surface hydration.
The best vegan facial mists also use only a few good ingredients. Great choices are natural rosewater or coconut water coupled with hyaluronic acid or vegetable glycerin.
We also believe vegan face mists should be free of harsh chemicals and potential irritants. If possible, avoid things like parabens, sulfates, mineral oil, and artificial perfume.
How We Review Vegan Face Mists
At Vegan Avenue, we have a tedious set of guidelines when we review vegan skincare. Those guidelines also apply to vegan face mists.
We tested many different vegan facial sprays and here is how we picked the winners:
- Ingredients – How effective are the active ingredients used in the vegan face mist?
- Chemicals – Is the vegan mist free of things like petrochemicals and fragrances?
- Effect – Does the vegan face mists hydrate the skin or dry it out instead?
- Consistency – How fine is the mist? Does it feel nice on the skin?
- Brand – How sustainable is the face mist brand? Is it fully vegan?
- Price – How is the price-quality ratio? Is the mist too expensive?
We also tried to find a vegan face mist for every skin type. What is perfect for dry skin might cause clogged pores for oily skin – we wanted to get all mists to match the wearer.
Why Trust Us
Vegan Avenue is a vegan lifestyle blog that primarily focuses on topics related to vegan skincare. We have tried and reviewed hundreds of vegan skincare products to know the market well.
Our editor Liis Hainla has taken it upon herself to try out several different vegan face mists and compare her results against independent online reviews.
FAQ About Vegan Face Mists
Not necessarily. Face mists can include several different animal-derived ingredients such as honey. Face mists can also be tested on animals.
Dermalogica Age Smart Antioxidant Hydramist is the best vegan face mist. It uses natural ingredients, offers nice hydration, and fits all skin types.
We shop our vegan face mists on Amazon, Ulta, and Sephora. Those platforms have the best selection of vegan-friendly facial sprays.
No, the facial mist is not vegan. Avène is a company that tests its products on animals.
Hope you found your new favorite vegan face mist from our list. Isn’t it just great to spray your skin with healthy plant extracts that are all animal-free and cruelty-free!
Meanwhile, we keep reviewing new vegan face sprays and keep updating this list if we find something worthy of your attention. Thanks for choosing vegan skincare.
See also: Best Vegan Essences