A good makeup bag needs to be tough. It should endure travel, be easy to clean, and feel light enough to carry around. Plus, it should absolutely be vegan.
We have listed the best vegan makeup bags that have it all. Made from durable cruelty-free materials, these bags keep your lotions and potions safe and organized.
All makeup bags below are vegan and cruelty-free. We have confirmed the bags are free of all animal-derived materials and adhesives.
Best Vegan Makeup Bags
Here are our favorite vegan makeup bags for 2023. Shop beautiful vegan cosmetic bags to organize your beautiful vegan makeup.
- Best Overall: Béis The Cosmetic Case
- Best Pouch: Luxtra Ava Cosmetics Case
- Best Affordable: Narwey Vegan Leather Makeup Bag
- Best Vegan Leather: Matt & Nat Abbi Mini Vegan Cosmetic Bag
- Best Water-Resistant: Dagne Dover Hunter Toiletry Bag
- Best Clear: Petite N Pretty Rainbow Palms Beauty Bag
- Best Canvas: Coussins Elegance Brooklyn Makeup Bag
- Best Train Case: Tartan + Twine Deluxe Pink Chevron Train Case
- Best Travel Case: Stephanie Johnson Noir Marais ML Traveler Case
- Best Hanging: Bagsmart Hanging Toiletry Bag
- Best Organizer: Joseph Joseph Viva Cosmetic Organizer
Best Vegan Makeup Bag Overall
The Cosmetic Case from Béis is the best vegan makeup bag. Featured on many top lists, this vegan case is excellent for organizing all your makeup with plenty of storage and well-designed compartments. Everything fits and stays neat. It’s also water-resistant and easy to clean.
While this bag does not have official vegan certifications, Béis’ customer service confirmed to us the bag is vegan-friendly and made from synthetic materials such as PU leather. The vegan cosmetic bag comes in 11 beautiful colors to choose from.
- What we like: it’s spacious, well-structured, and compact
- What we don’t like: the upper scratches easily
Dimensions: 9.5 x 4 x 7″ (24.1 x 10.2 x 17.8 cm) | Materials: PU leather, nylon, PVC, water-resistant polyester | Color options: 11 (4 on Nordstrom) | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, water-resistant
Best Vegan Makeup Pouch
Luxtra Ava is the best vegan makeup pouch. This gorgeous small vegan makeup bag is the perfect on-the-go accessory for daily essentials. It’s PETA-approved vegan and ethically made in Italy from biobased apple peel leather. The bag is named after filmmaker Ava DuVernay.
- What we like: elegant accessory, made from apple leather
- What we don’t like: it’s expensive
Dimensions: 8 x 4 x 3″ (21 x 11 x 7 cm)| Materials: AppleSkin leather | Color options: 3 (forest green, ballet pink, silver piñatex) | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, PETA-approved, eco-friendly, biobased, made in Italy
Best Affordable Vegan Makeup Bag
Narwey has a great selection of affordable vegan makeup bags we like. This vegan leather one is our favorite. It’s perfectly sized to fit all your daily makeup, lotions, and sunscreen. It also feels very leather-like and durable. This vegan cosmetic bag has a great price-quality ratio.
- What we like: perfect size, sturdy
- What we don’t like: the zipper tags can break
Dimensions: 6.7 x 2.7 x 5.1″ (17 x 7 x 13 cm)| Materials: PU leather | Color options: 15 | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, water-resistant
Shop on: Amazon
Best Vegan Leather Makeup Bag
Matt & Nat Abbi is the best vegan leather makeup bag. This gorgeous PETA-certified vegan bag holds all your essentials and fits nicely in a handbag. What’s best, this sustainable bag has an upper made from recycled windshield glass resin with a recycled plastic bottle lining.
- What we like: beautiful vegan leather bag, recycled materials
- What we don’t like: only sold through their website
Dimensions: 7 x 5 x 3.5″ (17.8 x 12.7 x 8.9 cm) | Materials: recycled windshield glass resin, recycled plastic bottles | Color options: 4 (green, black, blue, pink) | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, PETA-approved, eco-friendly, recycled materials
Shop on: Official site
Best Water-Resistant Vegan Makeup Bag
Dagne Dover has the best water-resistant vegan makeup bag. Though named Hunter, this bag is 100% vegan and cruelty-free. With a compact design and multiple clever compartments, this vegan makeup bag is perfect for traveling. The cushioned neoprene keeps everything safe.
The vegan toiletry bag is available in two sizes – Small and Large. The design and colorways are neutral and unisex, so it also makes a great vegan toiletry bag for men.
- What we like: compact and water-resistant
- What we don’t like: small option doesn’t fit much makeup
Dimensions: 9 x 4.75 x 5.5″ (22.9 x 12.1 x 14 cm) | Materials: neoprene, air mesh, Repreve (recycled polyester)| Color options: 6 (2 on Nordstrom)| Features: vegan, cruelty-free, water-resistant, eco-friendly, recycled materials
Best Clear Vegan Makeup Bag
If you are looking for a transparent vegan makeup bag, our favorite is the Petite N Pretty Rainbow Balms Beauty Bag. For one, it’s more spacious than most other clear makeup bags on the market. The vegan toiletry bag is also cute, affordable, and easy to clean.
- What we like: fun design, easy to wipe clean
- What we don’t like: PVC is not eco-friendly
Dimensions: 8 x 4 x 9.25″ (20.3 x 10.2 x 23.5 cm) | Materials: PVC | Color options: 1 | Features: vegan, cruelty-free
Shop on: Ulta
Best Vegan Canvas Makeup Bag
We love this canvas vegan makeup bag on Etsy. It has a natural cotton canvas lining with olefin upper – a durable upholstery-type fabric. The back of the bag is made with soft beige linen. It’s handmade in Canada in a rustic farmhouse style.
This natural vegan makeup bag fits all your everyday items. It is 100% vegan and cruelty-free with a small faux leather ribbon attached to the zipper. You can also get this makeup bag with a matching vegan coin pouch.
- What we like: beautiful handmade design, natural cotton
- What we don’t like: inside can get dirty quite fast
Dimensions: 10 x 7 x 2.5″ (25.4 x 17.8 x 6.4 cm) | Materials: olefin, cotton canvas, brass zipper, vegan leather zipper tags | Color options: 1 (similar styles available in pink, blue, black, white, and beige)| Features: vegan, cruelty-free, eco-friendly, natural materials, handmade in Canada
Shop on: Etsy
Best Vegan Makeup Train Case
Tartan + Twine Deluxe Train Case is the best vegan train case. This faux leather makeup bag is very spacious. The large main compartment fits everything and it has a separate section for makeup tools and bushes. It also looks super cute with a convenient top handle.
- What we like: roomy design, looks cute
- What we don’t like: brush holders are not very sturdy
Dimensions: 10.25 x 6.75 x 7″ (26 x 17.1 x 17.8 cm) | Materials: faux leather | Color options: 1 (similar train cases available in pink, gray, black, floral, and clear on Ulta) | Features: vegan, cruelty-free
Shop on: Ulta
Best Vegan Makeup Travel Case
Stephanie Johnson Nois Marais is the best vegan makeup bag for traveling. It’s loaded with transparent pockets, so you can organize everything neatly and find everything quickly. The removable zip-closure toiletry pouch is perfect for flying. Also, the case is very durable.
- What we like: durable and high-quality design
- What we don’t like: it’s not the biggest case
Shop on: Nordstrom
Best Hanging Vegan Makeup Bag
Bagsmart offers the best vegan hanging makeup bag. It’s such a well-structured design perfect for traveling and hanging in the bathroom. It’s made with a water-resistant polyester upper and waterproof vinyl pockets. You can choose between medium and large designs.
- What we like: very well-structured and waterproof
- What we don’t like: inner pouches can get foggy
Dimensions: 12.6 x 9.1 x 4.3″ (32 x 23.1 x 10.9 cm) | Materials: polyester, vinyl | Color options: 10 (6 on Amazon) | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, water-resistant, TSA-approved waterproof toiletry bag
Shop on: Amazon
Best Vegan Makeup Organizer
Our favorite vegan makeup organizer is this sleek, minimalist case from Joseph Joseph. It’s ideal for organizing makeup and toiletries. It has a large main compartment and multiple top slots for brushes and taller containers. We love that it comes with a removable mirror.
- What we like: minimalist design
- What we don’t like: it’s made from plastic
Dimensions: 11.73 x 4.72 x 7.68 (30 x 12 x 19.5 cm)| Materials: plastic | Color options: 1 | Features: vegan, cruelty-free
Shop on: Amazon
Best Vegan Makeup Bag Brands
These companies offer the best selection of vegan makeup bags and vegan toiletry cases.
Béis is a travel accessory brand with the best selection of vegan makeup bags. Their bags are made from synthetic leather and every design is available in classic tones and vibrant summery colors. We especially like their signature cosmetic case.
Tartan + Twine
Tartan + Twin has some of the bestselling vegan makeup bags on Ulta. They have excellent vegan train cases, clutches, and makeup pouches as well as vegan makeup bags for professionals. Everything from them is made from synthetic animal-free materials.
Shop on: Ulta
Luxtra is a London-based vegan accessory brand that makes bags out of pineapples, apples, mangos, cacti, and corn. From their collection, you will find vegan cosmetic pouches that make for beautiful accessories.
Matt & Nat
From Matt & Nat, you will find vegan leather makeup bags, toiletry cases, and vanity bags. Their designs are high-quality and minimalist. The Canadian brand is entirely vegan and cruelty-free and uses a wide variety of recycled materials.
Shop on: Official site
Caboodles is such as fun and unique makeup bag brand known for its plastic makeup cases. They introduced their first molded plastic tackle box as early as 1952. Their plastic makeup organizes are all vegan-friendly and they also offer some vegan leather makeup cases.
Stephanie Johnson has a great selection of vegan makeup bags and vegan makeup cases on Nordstrom. The bags are made with durable synthetic materials. You can find compact vegan bags for traveling as well as larger vegan makeup organizers to fit all your things in.
Shop on: Nordstrom
Fenella Smith from Longdon offers vegan leather makeup bags and vegan wash bags. The bags look stylish and are affordably priced. Fenella has vegan makeup bags with beautiful prints as well as clear vegan makeup bags, and vegan makeup bags with a mirror.
Shop on: Official site
What Makes A Makeup Bag Vegan?
A vegan makeup bag is a makeup bag made with synthetic or plant-based materials. No animal-derived materials or animal-based glues can be used in making vegan makeup bags.
The most common non-vegan material in makeup bags is leather. This widely used material comes from the skin of calves, sheep, lambs, goats, pigs, and other animals.
Instead of leather, vegan makeup bags use synthetic leather or bio leather made of apple skins, mangos, and other kinds of biowaste. Organic cotton, cork, hemp, recycled polyester, and recycled nylon are also popular materials used for vegan makeup bags.
Adhesives in makeup bags can also include animal-derived ingredients. Glue can include casein made from cow’s milk or isinglass made from fish bladders. Vegan brands use synthetic glue that is considered more effective and durable than old-fashioned animal-based glue.
What To Look For In A Vegan Makeup Bag?
When buying a vegan makeup bag, first decide on its purpose. Are you looking for a large vegan makeup case to keep all your makeup organized? Or are you looking for a compact vegan bag to fit your essentials? In 2023, you can find vegan makeup bags in all shapes and sizes.
If you care about sustainability, prefer vegan makeup bags made from recycled or natural materials. Good eco-friendly materials for vegan makeup bags are:
- Apple leather: Luxtra Ava Pink Case
- Pineapple leather: Luxtra Ava Silver Case
- Recycled plastic: Matt & Nat Abbi Mini Bag
- Organic Cotton: TerraThread Makeup Bag
- Organic Hemp: Bujo Sustainable Hemp Travel Pods
- Cork: Spicer Bags Vegan Cork Makeup Bag
- Linen: Comodbag Sunshine Ray Makeup Bag
- Kraft paper: Mango Tree Knobs Cosmetic Bag
How We Review Vegan Makeup Bags
We review and list vegan makeup bags through these criteria:
- Materials: Materials are everything when it comes to vegan makeup bags. We like makeup bags made from PU leather that is soft and easy to care for. We also include eco-friendly vegan makeup bags made with biobased vegan leather, recycled materials, and canvas.
- Craftsmanship: In addition to materials, we look at the overall quality of the vegan makeup bag, e.g. the quality of the stitching, the strength of the glue, and the durability.
- Structure: A vegan makeup bag should be designed to fit all types of makeup products and brushes. The compartments and pouches should be well-structured and logical.
- Size: We review the size of each vegan makeup bag to determine how many items it is able to fit. Even smaller vegan makeup pouches should be able to fit all the essentials.
- Maintenance: A vegan makeup brand should be easy to wipe clean with a damp cloth. If the makeup bag is made from canvas, it’s preferably machine-washable.
- Price: We list vegan makeup bags in all price categories from luxury vegan makeup bags (Luxtra, Matt & Nat) to affordable vegan makeup bags (Narwey).
Why Trust Us
Vegan Avenue reviews are completely independent and not incentivized by any brand or retailer. We have selected the best vegan makeup bags by relying on personal experience and peer recommendations.
FAQ About Vegan Makeup Bags
Not all makeup bags are vegan. Some use leather and suede from animals as well as non-vegan glue.
A vegan makeup bag is made of synthetic or plant-based materials such as faux leather, microfiber, polyester, cotton, hemp, or cork.
Yes. Vegan makeup bags are good as leather ones. In fact, most makeup bags on the market are made from vegan leather. In all likelihood, vegan brands are also more environmentally conscious, even synthetic ones.
We like shopping for vegan makeup bags online. The best selection of vegan cosmetic bags is available on Amazon, Sephora, Ulta, Etsy, and Immaculate Vegan.
All Miomojo bags are vegan and cruelty-free.
The best vegan makeup bag is Béis The Cosmetic Case.
The best vegan makeup organizer is the Joseph Joseph Viva Cosmetic Organizer. The best vegan train case for organizing makeup is Tartan + Twine Deluxe Pink Chevron Train Case.
From vegan makeup bags for traveling, we recommend the Stephanie Johnson Noir Marais ML Traveler Case.
Yes. We confirmed with Glossier’s customer support that The Beauty Bag is 100% vegan.
Yes, corduroy makeup bags are usually vegan. Corduroy is made from cotton or polyester – both materials are vegan-friendly.
Today, any style of makeup bag you could imagine has a vegan version available. Be it a large makeup organizer or a compact travel case. It’s easy to make an ethical choice when it comes to cosmetic bags.
Our favorite vegan makeup bags in 2023 come from Béis. We also love the sustainable vegan makeup bags from Luxtra and Matt & Nat and the affordable vegan makeup bags from Narwey.
As we find new vegan makeup bags we like, we’ll add them to this list.
See also: Vegan Makeup