Night creams are there to repair the daily stress on your skin.
With nourishing emollients, oils, vitamins, and antioxidants, night creams are able to reset your skin and restore its healthy moisture levels by morning (1).
Do you need a good vegan night cream to tuck your skin in at night? We’ve put together a guide with the best vegan night moisturizers out there.
All products below are vegan and cruelty-free, meaning they are free of animal-derived ingredients and have not been tested on animals. 💚
Best Vegan Night Creams 2024
Here are our favorite vegan night creams:
- Best overall: Andalou Naturals Resveratrol Q10 Night Repair Cream
- Best runner-up: Derma E Advanced Peptides & Flora-Collagen Night Moisturizer
- Best affordable: Acure Ultra Hydrating Overnight Dream Cream
- Best organic: True Botanicals Organic Moisture Lock Overnight Mask
- Best anti-aging: Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Night Cream
- Best for dry skin: Pacifica Beauty Vegan Ceramide Barrier Restore Cream
- Best for oily skin: Fenty Skin Instant Reset Brightening Overnight Recovery
- Best for combination skin: Naturally Serious Natural Peptide Sleeping Cream
- Best for acne-prone skin: The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Blemish Fade Night Lotion
- Best for sensitive skin: Sukin Sensitive Skin Calming Night Cream
- Best for mature skin: Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Anti-Wrinkle Overnight Cream
Best Vegan Night Cream Overall
Andalou Night Repair Cream is just the best. This natural vegan night cream uses fruit stem cells, resveratrol, and peptides from goji berries to reset and repair your skin at night. By morning, the skin is so soft and smooth. The cream is rich but not greasy. Read our full review here.
- What we like: helps against dry and flaky skin, deeply moisturizing
- What we don’t like: very thick night cream, but when used correctly then a little goes a long way
- What reviews say: lovely cocoa smell, rich hydration, makes skin soft and smooth, maybe too heavy for some and not that ideal for oily skin
Key ingredients: resveratrol Q10, goji berry, aloe vera | Benefits: rejuvenating, deeply hydrating, fights premature aging and fine lines, anti-aging | Features: vegan, gluten-free, 98 nature-derived ingredients, made in the USA
Disclaimer: Andalou has recently changed the formula of their Night Repair Cream. We haven’t had a chance to try the new version out yet. This review is written about the pre-summer 2023 version of the cream.
Best Vegan Night Cream Runner-Up
We also love this vegan night moisturizer from Derma E. Vegan collagen and rice peptides keep your skin healthy and bouncy. The cream smells great and absorbs well. Even dry skin will wake up still feeling hydrated and comfortable. The cream also reduces fine lines.
- What we like: skin feels soft and nourished after the use
- What we don’t like: a bit too strong lavender smell, probably due to natural fragrance oil
- What reviews say: deeply hydrating and makes skin vibrant, smells nice, tones the skin, absorbs quickly, not that suitable when you are allergic to fragrance
Key ingredients: panthenol, pycnogenol, rice peptides, plant-derived collagen, vitamin E & A | Benefits: moisturizing, reduces the appearance of fine lines, plumping, calming, anti-aging | Features: vegan, gluten-free, dermatologist recommended, made in the USA
Best Affordable Vegan Night Cream
Acure Overnight Dream Cream is our favorite affordable vegan night cream. The rich cream deeply hydrates the skin and smooths out wrinkles with adaptogens, melatonin, and hemp seed oil. While cheap, Acure is always free of parabens, sulfates, and mineral oils.
- What we like: high value with a reasonable price
- What we don’t like: hemp seed oil gives it a specific strong smell that may not be that pleasant for everyone
- What reviews say: thick without being heavy, doesn’t leave a film on the skin, absorbs well, gives good moisture, plumping, and visibly reduces wrinkles
Key ingredients: melatonin, hemp seed oil, shitake mushroom | Benefits: anti-aging, moisturizing, evens out wrinkles, deeply nourishing even for very dry and parched skin | Features: vegan, non-comedogenic, made in the USA
Best Organic Vegan Night Cream
If you are looking for an organic vegan night cream, try this luxurious overnight mask from True Botanicals. This vegan night face cream locks in moisture and makes your skin super soft with vegan squalane, hyaluronic acid, and mango butter. The cream is also hypoallergenic and safe for sensitive skin.
- What we like: rich but not too oily
- What we don’t like: feels too light for extremely dry skin
- What reviews say: skin feels soft after the use, hydrating, calms irritation and redness, reduces flaking, gives skin a plumping effect
Key ingredients: plant-derived hyaluronic acid, mango butter, squalane, aloe vera | Benefits: hydrating, anti-aging, fights dullness and dryness, makes skin supple and soft, firming | Features: vegan, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, made in the USA
Best Anti-Aging Vegan Night Cream
To this day, retinol still is the most effective anti-aging ingredient. And our favorite vegan retinol night cream comes from Murad. The cream gives intense hydration, reduces wrinkles and fine lines, and makes the skin more toned, radiant, and youthful over time.
- What we like: hydrates skin without leaving it greasy
- What we don’t like: pump, although nicely designed, feels a bit flimsy
- What reviews say: thick and luxurious texture, makes skin smoother, reduces fine lines, deeply hydrating, a bit expensive
Key ingredients: retinol, niacinamide, picolinamide | Benefits: fights dark circles, loss of firmness, fine lines, wrinkles, and dullness; hydrates, evens skin tone, anti-aging | Features: vegan, anti-aging
Best Vegan Night Cream For Dry Skin
Pacifica’s Vegan Ceramide Barrier Cream makes for an excellent vegan night cream for dry skin. This fragrance-free vegan cream deeply hydrates and replenishes dry skin and helps restore a healthy skin barrier to help seal in moisture. The silky cream also has soothing calendula.
- What we like: has a nice hydrating and calming effect
- What we don’t like: very thick consistency, best to use it sparingly
- What reviews say: even good for combination skin, thick texture, leaves no residue, plumping effect, hydrating and nourishing
Key ingredients: vegan ceramides, amino acids, calendula, shea butter, niacinamide | Benefits: calms sensitive skin, soothing, hydrating, fights eczema | Features: vegan, dermatologist tested, allergy-tested, fragrance-free, for sensitive skin, made in the USA
Best Vegan Night Cream For Oily Skin
Oily skin will love this noncomedogenic vegan night cream from Rihanna’s beauty brand. The lightweight vegan gel cream includes niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, aloe, and Kalahari melon oil to balance oily skin and prove sufficient hydration. The cream also brightens and firms the skin.
- What we like: juicy and lovely tropical smell, skin feels hydrated after the use
- What we don’t like: added fragrance may cause breakouts
- What reviews say: tightens pores and doesn’t leave skin greasy, leaves skin brighter and moisturized, the cream has a nice silky texture
Key ingredients: kalahari melon oil, niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, baobab | Benefits: smoothens out pores, hydrating, refreshing, improves skins elasticity, renewing, plumping | Features: vegan, noncomedogenic, for all skin types, good for oily skin, gluten-free, made in the USA
Best Vegan Night Cream For Combination Skin
This Natural Peptide Sleeping Cream has gotten excellent feedback from combination skin. The vegan night cream restores and hydrates combo skin with flaxseed peptides and apple extract. It also reduces wrinkles and fine lines. The texture is rich but not too oily for the T-zone.
Yet it is lightweight enough not to clog pores for the oily T-zone.
- What we like: thick, luxurious cream and not too heavy
- What we don’t like: takes a bit of time to absorb into the skin
- What reviews say: great for oily/combination skin, hydrating, silky texture, the scent is noticeable, restores and refreshes skin, doesn’t clog pores
Key ingredients: flaxseed peptide, apple extract, 6 anti-oxidants blend, celery extract | Benefits: fights dryness, smooths out wrinkles and fine lines, improves elasticity, plumping | Features: vegan, best for combination skin, anti-aging, gluten-free, natural fragrance
Best Vegan Night Cream For Acne-Prone Skin
This vegan night lotion from The Body Shop is perfect for acne-prone skin. Tea tree oil effectively clears up blemishes and impurities while balancing sebum production. Vegan glycerin provides just enough hydration for the skin to feel comfortable.
- What we like: seems to really lighten redness and scars
- What we don’t like: tea tree oil in the formula may cause irritation
- What reviews say: lightweight, moisturizing without clogging pores, strong smell fades off quickly, a small amount of cream in the bottle, hydrates effectively
Key ingredients: tea tree oil | Benefits: controls excess oil and sebum, fades the appearance of imperfections, hydrating, soothing, lightens scars | Features: vegan, for blemished skin, for acne-prone skin, gluten-free
Best Vegan Night Cream For Sensitive Skin
Australian vegan brand Sukin has made a treat for sensitive skin. This natural vegan night cream has a base of nourishing rosehip, evening primrose, and borage oils. Cucumber and chamomile calm the skin and reduce redness. This vegan night cream is also good for rosacea and eczema.
- What we like: high value with a reasonable price
- What we don’t like: cream has a very dense texture
- What reviews say: absorbs easily, light and pleasant smell, non-irritating and doesn’t make skin oily, better for winter/autumn season, improves skin texture
Key ingredients: rosehip oil, borage oil, primrose oil, cucumber and chamomile extract | Benefits: calming, hydrating and nourishing, soothing, improves flaky and red skin | Features: vegan, for sensitive skin, no synthetic fragrance, made in Australia
Best Vegan Night Cream For Mature Skin
Juice Beauty’s organic vegan night cream is made for mature skin. The potent yet natural cream is rich in fruit stem cells, vitamin C, ceramides, and vegan squalane. It provides intense hydration, improves elasticity, reduces wrinkles, and brightens the skin.
- What we like: thick, but absorbs quickly and blends right in
- What we don’t like: it’s expensive
- What reviews say: hydrating, makes skin smoother and softer, reduces wrinkles, packaging gives a false impression that there is a lot of product inside, a little goes a long way, lovely smell
Key ingredients: champagne grape seed oil, olive-derived squalane, evening primrose and sacred lily extract, shea butter, vitamin C, hyaluronic acid | Benefits: restoring, deeply moisturizing, softens fine lines and wrinkles | Features: vegan, no synthetic fragrances, anti-aging, anti-wrinkle, made in Europe
Vegan Night Creams By Ingredient
If you already know which ingredients your skin likes best, here are some good-quality vegan night creams. From vitamin C to ceramide night creams, take your pick.
- With vitamin C: Mad Hippie Triple C Night Cream
- With retinol: Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Night Cream
- With bakuchiol: Olehenriksen Goodnight Glow Retin-ALT Sleeping Crème
- With vegan collagen: Pacifica Vegan Collagen Overnight Recovery Cream
- With hyaluronic acid: Derma E Ultra Hydrating Advanced Repair Night Cream
- With niacinamide: The Outset Restorative Niacinamide Night Cream
- With ceramides: The Inkey List Ceramide Night Treatment
- With peptides: Naturally Serious After-Dark Natural Peptide Sleeping Cream
What Makes A Night Cream Vegan
Night creams are not always vegan. Night creams use a variety of emollients and proteins, many of which are animal-derived. Many night creams are also tested on animals.
The most common ingredients that make a night cream not vegan are beeswax, honey, lanolin from sheep’s wool, animal glycerin, and collagen from fish or cattle.
Vegan night creams substitute animal fats with a variety of plant oils and humectants such as jojoba oil, shea butter, vegetable glycerin, and vegan hyaluronic acid.
Instead of animal collagen, vegan night creams use plant collagen – plant fiber complexes that mimic amino acids from traditional bovine and marine collagen.
What To Look For In Vegan Night Creams
When buying a vegan night cream, there are a few important things to consider. First and foremost, your vegan night cream should always match your skin type.
Dry skin should pick a vegan night cream that uses plant oils and butters to nourish the skin as well as seal in moisture. Ceramide creams are also excellent at that.
Since night creams are expected to be rich, make sure the consistency is not achieved through chemical fillers and additives. Sensitive skin should also avoid essential oils and fragrances.
Also, remember that many good-quality vegan night creams are not always named night creams. Just find a vegan moisturizer that is a bit thicker to properly ‘feed’ your skin at night.
How We Review Vegan Night Creams
We rate and review vegan night creams based on personal experience. These are the most important things we consider when picking our winners:
- Ingredients – We prefer vegan night creams that pair natural plant extracts with tested and true actives such as niacinamide, peptides, vitamin C, vitamin E, and retinol.
- Chemicals – Vegan night creams should be made without harsh chemicals and fillers such as mineral oils, parabens, and sulfates. There is just no need for them.
- Consistency – The best kind of vegan night creams are rich and creamy. They should hydrate and nourish the skin as well as act as an occlusive. (This does not apply to oily and acne-prone skin.)
- Results – We review how does the skin looking in the morning after using the night cream and what are the results over time. We expect to wake up with plump and happy skin.
Vegan Night Cream Comparison
|Resveratrol Q10 Night Repair Cream
|Resveratrol Q10, Goji Berry
|Rejuvenating, Deeply Hydrating
|Advanced Peptides & Flora-Collagen Night Moisturizer
|Peptides, Vitamin E
|Moisturizing, Reduces The Appearance of Fine Lines, Plumping
|Ultra Hydrating Overnight Dream Cream
|Melatonin, Hemp Seed Oil
|Organic Moisture Lock Overnight Mask
|Hyaluronic Acid, Mango Butter
|Retinol Youth Renewal Night Cream
|For Aging Skin
|Fights Dark Circles And Loss Of Firmness, Anti-Aging
|Vegan Ceramide Barrier Restore Cream
|For Dry Skin
|Instant Reset Brightening Overnight Recovery
|For Oily Skin
|Kalahari Melon Oil, Niacinamide
|Smooths Pores, Improves Skins Elasticity
|Natural Peptide Sleeping Cream
|For Combination Skin
|Peptides, Apple Extract
|Fights Dryness, Smooths Wrinkles And Fine Lines
|The Body Shop
|Tea Tree Oil Blemish Fade Night Lotion
|For Acne-Prone Skin
|Tea Tree Oil
|Controls Excess Oil And Sebum
|Sensitive Skin Calming Night Cream
|For Sensitive Skin
|Rosehip Oil, Borage Oil
|Stem Cellular Anti-Wrinkle Overnight Cream
|For Mature Skin
|Champagne Grape Seed Oil, Squalane
|Restoring, Softens Fine Lines And Wrinkes
Why Trust Us
Our team at Vegan Avenue has tried out tens of vegan night creams in compiling this article. We aim to continue to test out new vegan night creams to see how they measure up with our current favorites.
Along with trying out vegan night creams, we then match our personal experience with online reviews to get the most objective overview of the product benefits.
Having reviewed vegan skincare for over two years, our editors have good knowledge of the latest skincare trends and the current vegan skincare market.
FAQ About Vegan Night Creams
Night creams can be vegan but often are not. Night creams can include several different animal ingredients such as beeswax or collagen. Night creams can also be tested on animals.
You can find a variety of vegan night creams on Amazon, Ulta, and Sephora. Also, Target and Walmart sell vegan night creams.
The best vegan night cream is Andalou Naturals Resveratrol Q10 Night Repair Cream. The natural cream hydrates and nourishes the skin well throughout the night.
No. CeraVe creams cannot be considered vegan since the company uses animal testing.
No, the balm is not vegan and includes beeswax.
Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream is not vegan and contains fish collagen.
A vegan night cream is the central part of your evening skincare routine. The better the cream, the more relaxed you will feel going to bed at night.
In 2024, there are many quality vegan night moisturizers to choose from. Whether you have dry or oily skin, there is the right vegan night cream available for you.
As we keep testing new vegan night creams all the time, we will make sure our new favorites will not skip this article. Stay tuned for more vegan skincare.
See also: Best Vegan Moisturizers
Article update on May 05 (2023): Fact checked and medically reviewed by MD Shimona Garg
Article update on February 18 (2023): Added a reference to support night cream benefits
Article update on November 25 (2022): Added a comparison table