Rosacea cannot be cured since the causes are still unknown. Nonetheless, a number of topical skincare products can help relieve some of the common rosacea symptoms.
Here is the best vegan skincare for rosacea in 2023. Reduce rosacea redness and flare-ups with these animal-free and cruelty-free skincare products.
Best Vegan Skincare For Rosacea
Here is the best vegan skincare for rosacea-prone skin.
Paula’s Choice offers some of the best skincare products for rosacea-prone skin. While not fully vegan, the majority of Paula’s Choice products are vegan-friendly.
For rosacea, we love the Calm collection which uses a variety of soothing and redness-reducing ingredients such as beta-glucan, licorice root, green tea, and allantoin.
We also recommend the Niacinamide and Azelaic Acid duo – these vegan treatments improve overall skin health and reduce bumps and blotchiness from rosacea.
- Calm Redness Relief Moisturizer: Amazon, Official site
- Calm Redness Relief Cleanser: Amazon, Official site
- Calm Redness Relief SPF 30: Amazon, Official site
- 10% Azelaic Acid Booster: Amazon, Official site
- 10% Niacinamide Booster: Amazon, Official site
PS these products from the Calm range are NOT vegan: Redness Relief Moisturizer Normal To Dry Skin, Repairing Serum, Soothing Toner Normal to Oily Skin
Ren Clean Skincare
Ren Skincare has a fantastic Evercalm line for sensitive and rosacea skin. The line is not entirely vegan but its bestselling serum, day cream, and face oil are.
To help with rosacea, Ren’s skincare focuses on powerful antioxidants to build up skin’s resilience and through that reduce redness and inflammation.
Among many great botanical ingredients, the products include sea buckthorn oil, blackcurrant seed oil, camellia oil, and white mushroom extract.
- Evercalm Redness Relief Serum: Amazon, Sephora
- Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream: Amazon, Sephora
- Evercalm Barrier Support Elixir: Amazon, Sephora
PS Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Gel, Gentle Cleansing Milk, Ultra Comforting Rescue Mask, and Overnight Recovery Balm are not vegan.
Korean vegan skincare brand Purito fights rosacea with Centella Asiatica – a plant proven to reduce inflammation, repair the skin, and resolve many common rosacea symptoms.
Purito’s vegan moisturizer includes a whopping 60% of Centella Asiatica extract along with skin-repairing ceramides and redness-reducing niacinamide.
What is crucial about the Centella range is that it is unscented. Rosacea-prone skin should steer clear of artificial fragrances and essential oils as much as possible.
- Centella Unscented Recovery Cream: Amazon, Walmart
- Centella Unscented Serum: Amazon, Walmart
- Centella Unscented Toner: Amazon, Walmart
- Dermide Cica Barrier Sleeping Pack: Amazon, Walmart
First Aid Beauty
First Aid Beauty offers our favorite vegan skincare products for eczema. Featuring colloidal oatmeal, the same products are also effective in alleviating rosacea symptoms.
Made with quality emollients and extracts, rosacea skin should try the soothing Ultra Repair Cream and Pure Skin Face Cleanser. The Arnica mask is also excellent in reducing redness.
Keep in mind that First Aid Beauty is not a fully vegan brand but they have many vegan-friendly products. Vegan products are always marked ‘vegan’ on their website.
- Ultra Repair Cream: Amazon, Sephora
- Pure Skin Face Cleanser: Amazon, Sephora
- Arnica Relief & Rescue Mask: Amazon, Sephora
The Ordinary is an affordable vegan skincare brand that is highly praised by rosacea sufferers. You can find a vegan rosacea treatment along with a gentle cleanser, moisturizer, and SPF.
You can build an effective and wholesome rosacea regime with their fragrance-free products and powerful actives. We especially recommend their azelaic acid and niacinamide serums.
- Azelaic Acid 10% Suspension Cream: Amazon, Sephora
- Niacinamide 10% + Zinc Serum: Amazon, Sephora
- Squalane Cleanser: Amazon, Sephora
With rosacea, you might want to also give vegan CBD skincare a shot. A relatively new ingredient, CBD has been already shown to relieve the skin’s stress levels, redness, and irritation.
Derma E is a great vegan skincare brand that offers natural and hemp seed oil products for rosacea. You can try their calming CBD moisturizer, serum, cleanser, and redness-corrector. Everything from Derma E is vegan and cruelty-free.
- Skin De-Stress Calming CBD Moisturizer: Ulta, Official site
- Skin De-Stress Calming CBD Serum: Ulta, Official site
- Skin De-Stress Calming CBD Cleanser: Official site
- Skin De-Stress Cheek & Eye Cream Corrector: Ulta, Official site
Best Vegan Skincare Products For Rosacea
These are the best vegan skincare products for rosacea in 2023.
- Best Vegan Moisturizer: Purito Centella Unscented Recovery Cream
- Best Vegan Cleanser: First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser
- Best Vegan Serum: Ren Evercalm Redness Relief Serum
- Best Vegan Toner: Cosrx Centella Water Alcohol-Free Toner
- Best Vegan Face Oil: Herbivore Emerald Deep Moisture Glow Oil
- Best Vegan Face Mask: First Aid Beauty Arnica Relief & Rescue Mask
- Best Vegan Petroleum Jelly: Solimo Petroleum Jelly
Best Vegan Skincare Ingredients For Rosacea
These vegan skincare ingredients are best for relieving rosacea symptoms. You can calm inflamed skin and improve overall skin health with these extracts and active ingredients.
- Ceramides: Ceramides form the protective skin barrier to prevent moisture loss and strengthen the skin. Rosacea-prone skin needs ceramides to maintain healthy hydration levels and become gradually less reactive to the environment.
- Niacinamide: Niacinamide or vitamin B3 is a powerful vegan ingredient that decreases inflammation from rosacea as well as blotchiness and bumps.
- Azelaic acid: Azelaic acid is a safe and effective way to reduce swelling and redness from rosacea. Studies show significant improvement in inflammatory lesions.
- Centella Asiatica: Widely used in Korean skincare, Centella Asiatica is an antimicrobial plant extract that can calm rosacea-prone skin and combat redness with its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Colloidal oatmeal: Colloidal oatmeal is also an effective ingredient to calm rosacea, it relieves skin irritations as well as protects the skin.
- Allantoin: Allantoin is another soothing ingredient that helps to de-sensitize rosacea skin. In skincare products, allantoin is usually vegan.
- Panthenol: Panthenol is another calming ingredient that soothes itchiness from rosacea and promotes cell regeneration. Panthenol is virtually always vegan-friendly.
- Green tea: As an antioxidant and antimicrobial agent, green tea calms, balances, and strengthens rosacea-prone skin. It also protects rosacea skin from sun damage.
- Licorice root: Licorice root is good at reducing redness from rosacea. As scientific studies show, the ingredient “reduces erythema in rosacea when applied once daily over 8 weeks.”
- Petroleum jelly: Petroleum jelly aka vaseline helps protect and repair rosacea-prone skin. As a safe occlusive, it helps skin to heal by keeping away environmental stressors.
- Tea tree: While essential oils are generally not recommended for rosacea, tea tree oil can help calm rosacea.
- Coffee: Rich in polyphenols, coffee extract in skincare can also lessen rosacea symptoms. Studies show drinking caffeinated coffee can also reduce the risk of developing rosacea.
- Turmeric: Turmeric root extract is reported to significantly reduce inflammation and redness from rosacea. It’s beneficial both topically and in supplements.
- Chamomile: Chamomile is an anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial ingredient that is shown to combat mild to moderate rosacea symptoms.
- CBD: CBD aka cannabidiol can also potentially de-stress rosacea-prone skin by reducing inflammation and calming the overactive immune system.
When buying vegan skincare for rosacea, it’s crucial to pick a quality vegan moisturizer to calm the skin. Good vegan moisturizing ingredients for rosacea include allantoin, petroleum jelly, glycerin, and hyaluronic acid.
FAQ About Vegan Skincare For Rosacea
No. Vegan skincare (like any other skincare) cannot cure rosacea but it can help alleviate rosacea symptoms.
The best vegan skincare ingredients for rosacea include ceramides, niacinamide, azelaic acid, colloidal oatmeal, licorice root, and Centella Asiatica.
You will find the best selection of vegan skincare for rosacea available on Amazon and Sephora.
In 2023, there are many good-quality vegan skincare products that can help with rosacea by reducing redness, flare-ups, tiny spots, and pimples.
Our favorite rosacea-calming vegan products come from Paula’s Choice, Purito, and Ren Skincare. If we come across new brands, we’ll be sure to test their products out as well.
As with all skin sensitivities, do not forget to apply vegan sunscreen. Sun damage and environmental stressors can easily worsen the effects of rosacea.
See also: Best Vegan Skincare For Acne-Prone Skin
Main image: courtesy of Ren Skincare
Main references: American Academy Of Dermatology Association; National Rosacea Society; Stanford Medicine; Journal Of Drugs In Dermatology; Rosacea Treatment Clinic; Dermatology Times; International Journal of Dermatology; Rosacea Support Group; Biomedicines Journal; Healthline; Everyday Health; CFAH
Article update on May 04 (2023): Fact checked and medically reviewed by MD Shimona Garg
Article update on February 18 (2023): Added more references
Article update on February 20 (2023): Included coffee and turmeric in the list of vegan skincare ingredients to reduce rosacea symptoms