There are many reasons for textured skin. The most common one is the buildup of dead skin cells, other reasons include enlargened pores, wrinkles, excess oil production, old acne scars, or even milia aka milk spots.
In any case, uneven texture can make your skin look tired and congested, so it’s something worth attending to. Luckily, there are many vegan skincare products that can help you achieve a smoother and more even texture.
See our favorite vegan skincare for textured skin. We have listed products that help you smooth out uneven skin texture and resurface brighter, softer, and more elastic skin.
PS all products below are vegan and cruelty-free, meaning they are free of animal-derived ingredients and have not been tested on animals. 💚
Best Vegan Skincare Products For Textured Skin
Here are the best vegan skincare products for textured skin in 2023. Enjoy these vegan resurfacing and retexturizing treatments for smoother skin.
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Exfoliator is the most effective vegan skincare product for textured skin. Using rice enzymes, this exfoliant gets rid of old skin cells and softens and smoothens the skin’s surface significantly.
See our review of the Daily Microfoliant here. While it’s not the cheapest, the powder will last you for a long time. From the same line, we also recommend the Daily Superfoliant for also target texture problems for aging skin and Daily Milkfoliant to smoothen dry and sensitive skin.
This bestselling vegan BHA exfoliator is also great for targeting uneven texture. It gently melts away dead skin cells and helps reduce the look of pores and blackheads. It’s not a quick skin-polishing fix but it’s totally non-abrasive and improves skin texture over time.
If you have oily or acne-prone skin, this vegan salicylic acid cleanser will also improve your skin texture by reducing excess oil, old skin cells, and other types of congestion. It helps resurface much softer and smoother skin. While effective, it does not strip your skin.
Tata Harper Resurfacing Serum is a wonderful vegan serum for retexturizing your skin. Together, AHAs and BHAs melt away old and rough skin cells, reduce the look of pores, and promote blood flow for a softer and more even texture. Vitamin C adds a lovely glow.
These vegan exfoliating pads target textured skin with all the right ingredients. A blend of AHAs and salicylic acid smooths the skin visibly. Niacinamide provides hydration and balances sebum. These pads also improve skin texture by clearing acne and reducing wrinkles.
For textured skin, we also recommend Drunk Elephant’s vegan glycolic acid serum. This potent serum works overnight to slowly exfoliate rough skin as well as reduce pores and fine lines for smoother skin. The serum is pricey but a little goes a long way.
If you are looking for a great vegan toner for textured skin, we recommend Biossance Squalane + BHA Pore Minimizing Toner. Made with exfoliating salicylic acid and hydrating squalane, the toner simultaneously softens and firms the skin giving it a more even and plump look.
Clay is another fantastic ingredient for treating textured skin. We love this facial from Glow Recipe as it pairs purifying kaolin clay with hydrating hyaluronic acid. The skin feels much softer and smoother after use. It also blurs pores which visibly improves skin texture.
Derma E Overnight Peel is an affordable yet effective solution that targets uneven texture with alpha hydroxy acids and vitamin C. This vegan facial includes natural ingredients such as jojoba seed oil and green tea which help keep the skin texture soft and smooth.
Best Vegan Skincare Ingredients For Textured Skin
Here are the best vegan ingredients for getting rid of textured skin.
- Salicylic acid – This beloved BHA is the best ingredient to smooth out textured skin. It melts away intercellular lipids and removes dead skin cells and rough, scaly skin. Salicylic acid is always vegan. See more vegan BHA skincare.
- AHAs – Alpha hydroxy acids such as glycolic acid are also good at treating textured skin. They also improve blood circulation, reduce wrinkles, and keep skin soft and hydrated. AHAs are vegan-friendly. See our selection of vegan AHA skincare.
- Enzymes – Plant enzymes (from rice, papaya, etc) effectively target uneven texture by polishing the skin’s surface, removing dead skin cells, and softening the skin.
- Clay – Clay is a porous ingredient able to draw excess oil, dirt, impurities, and dead skin cells from the surface and thus smoothening and evening out textured skin.
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C helps improve skin texture by boosting collagen and elastin production. It reduces wrinkles and makes the skin smoother and firmer. Vitamin C is vegan-friendly. See more vegan vitamin C skincare.
- Retinol – Retinol increases the elasticity and firmness of the skin by boosting collagen and elastin. It also exfoliates the skin’s surface making textured skin smoother and softer. in skincare, retinol is usually vegan. See more vegan retinols here.
- Niacinamide – Niacinamide is a vegan ingredient that softens and hydrates textured skin and helps regulate sebum production, thus preventing skin congestion and texture irregularities. See more vegan niacinamide skincare here.
- Hyaluronic acid – Hyaluronic acid is usually vegan as well. It plumps and softens textured skin making it appear much more even. Like niacinamide, HA also promotes cellular turnover. See more vegan hyaluronic acid skincare here.
Vegan Skincare Routine For Textured Skin
With textured skin, it is crucial your vegan skincare routine includes a good vegan exfoliator to help get rid of dead skin cells, promote blood flow and make your skin softer and smoother. Also, use a vegan cleanser daily to prevent the uneven texture from congestion.
Chemical BHA or AHA exfoliators are best for evening skin texture. These acids get rid of excess skin gently but effectively and make your skin smoother and firmer over time. BHA exfoliation also effectively reduces blackheads and the look of pores.
We also love vegan face masks with enzymes or clay. A quality facial will purify your skin and smoothen out your skin’s surface from all the excess skin cells and dirt. Textured skin can even benefit from a good face scrub, just avoid harsh scrubs if you have dry or sensitive skin.
Vegan serums made with retinol or vitamin C are also important in reducing and preventing textured skin. Both vitamin C and retinol boost the production of collagen and elastin in your skin which will plump and firm your skin, reduce wrinkles, and improve elasticity.
Choose a light vegan moisturizer with hyaluronic acid and niacinamide. Those ingredients will not clog your pores but instead soften and plump the skin’s texture. And do not forget to use vegan sunscreen to prevent textured skin caused by sun damage.
FAQ About Vegan Skincare For Textured Skin
Vegan skincare can be good for textured skin as the best ingredients for treating uneven texture are already vegan-friendly (e.g salicylic acid, alpha hydroxy acids).
The best skincare for textured skin includes Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant, Paula’s Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant, and The Inkey List Salicylic Acid Cleanser.
Yes. The serum is vegan and cruelty-free.
We are glad that the best skincare ingredients for textured skin are vegan-friendly, whether it’s salicylic acid, glycolic acid, clay, vitamin C, or retinol. That is why vegan skincare works well in different skin resurfacing and exfoliating treatments.
Our favorite vegan skincare products for textured skin are Dermalogica Microfoliant Exfoliator and Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant. These products help soften and even your skin texture without damaging your skin.
As we keep seeking more vegan skincare products that can aid with textured skin and uneven texture, we will keep updating this article with our new favorites.
See also: Best Vegan Exfoliators
Article update on May 04 (2023): Fact checked and medically reviewed by MD Shimona Garg
Article update on February 18 (2023): Added more references