Wrinkles are not something you necessarily should fight. But modern skincare has made it possible to keep our skin plump and elastic for longer so that wrinkles would appear later and look less drastic.
To help you reduce the appearance of wrinkles, here are our favorite vegan skincare for wrinkles. These products help boost collagen, renew the skin, and iron out wrinkles with moisture, so you can have smoother, softer, and overall healthier skin.
See also: Best Vegan Anti-Aging Skincare
PS all products below are vegan and cruelty-free, meaning they are free of animal-derived ingredients and have not been tested on animals. 💚
Best Vegan Skincare Products For Wrinkles
Here are the best vegan skincare products for wrinkles and fine lines. Discover our favorite vegan wrinkle creams and vegan wrinkle treatments for 2023.
Dr. Dennis Gross’ Overnight Wrinkle Treatment is the best vegan wrinkle treatment. Retinol boosts collagen production and visibly reduces wrinkles and fine lines. And ferulic acid increases the potency of retinol. We also love how lightweight and hydrating the serum is.
If you want to triple the wrinkle-fighting power of this treatment, we recommend pairing it with two other vegan-friendly products from Dr. Dennis Gross: Intense Wrinkle Cream and Alpha Beta Extra Strength Peel. Their products are quite expensive but they do work.
Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Anti-Wrinkle Moisturizer is our favorite vegan wrinkle cream. It hydrates and firms the skin beautifully and reduces wrinkles with science-backed ingredients like vitamin C, resveratrol, and fruit stem cells.
We love how this cream fights all signs of aging with clean and organic ingredients. To reduce wrinkles, we also recommend their Anti-Wrinkle Overnight Cream and Anti-Wrinkle Booster Serum. All skincare products from Juice Beauty are vegan-friendly.
To really reduce wrinkles, you cannot escape a good vegan retinol serum such as this one. Paula’s Choice Clinical 1% Retinol Treatment is a potent yet surprisingly skin-friendly retinol serum with the added benefits of peptides and vitamin C.
When used consistently (and do follow the company’s precise instructions), this serum visibly reduces the depth of wrinkles and fine lines revealing much brighter and firmer skin. To fight eye wrinkles, we also recommend their vegan Firming Eye Cream.
Also called Botox in a bottle, this unique vegan serum from The Ordinary can really plump smaller wrinkles and lines. Its special ingredient is Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 which reduces wrinkles caused by repeated facial expressions.
The only downside of this product is that it does not have a long-term effect – it only works while you are using it. But it does work.
This vegan moisturizer from Dermalogica reduces wrinkles by sheer hydration. The rich cream plumps your skin with moisture from healthy peptides, shea butter, and evening primrose oil. We love the high content of antioxidants and natural nourishing ingredients.
Murad Targeted Wrinkle Corrector is a vegan-friendly wrinkle treatment that pairs Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 with hyaluronic acid. It works well if you use it consistently and tap the serum right into the wrinkles. It’s been shown great improvements with those long forehead lines.
Similarly to The Ordinary’s Argineline Solution, this special peptide seems to work only when you are using it. It does not seem to have a lasting impact on the skin. Nevertheless, we suggest trying it out – it’s still a non-invasive and inexpensive way to treat wrinkles.
Best Vegan Skincare Ingredients For Wrinkles
Here are the best vegan ingredients for targeting wrinkles and fine lines.
- Retinol – Retinol is the best wrinkle-fighting ingredient and it’s also vegan. It boosts collagen and elastin production, thus smoothing out wrinkles. It also exfoliates the surface layer of the skin, thereby revealing smoother and softer skin. See more vegan retinols here.
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C is the best antioxidant for reducing wrinkles. It plumps wrinkles by increasing collagen and elastin levels in the skin. It also brightens dark spots. Vitamin C in skincare is vegan. See more vegan vitamin C skincare here.
- Ceramides – Ceramides strengthen your skin’s barrier function and pack hydration into your skin. In addition, ceramides promotes the production of collagen fibers and elastin-related microfibrils. Thus, ceramide skincare helps smooth out wrinkles and fine lines. Ceramides are vegan-friendly. See more vegan ceramide skincare here.
- Peptides – Peptides are vegan ingredients that stimulate collagen, elastin, and other proteins in the skin and thereby are able to smooth out wrinkles and lines. From peptides, we especially recommend Argireline – an Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 solution that visibly reduces wrinkles and smoothes the skin. See more vegan peptide skincare here.
- Ferulic acid – Ferulic acid is an antioxidant that fights wrinkles by boosting the effects of other antioxidants. It has been shown to increase the effectiveness of other ingredients like retinol of vitamin C. Derived from plants, ferulic acid is always vegan.
- Plant stem cells – Plant-derived stem cells have been also proven to significantly decrease the depth of wrinkles, especially crow’s feet. They’re a natural yet powerful way for targeting wrinkles and fine lines.
- Hyaluronic acid – Hyaluronic acid reduces the look of wrinkles by plumping the skin with moisture and softening the skin. Hyaluronic acid also promotes cellular renewal. In skincare, hyaluronic acid is usually vegan. See more vegan hyaluronic acid skincare here.
- Bakuchiol – Derived from the Psoralea corylifolia plant, this vegan retinol alternative acts similarly to retinol in improving the look of wrinkles. It is just gentler on the skin. Bakuchiol is always vegan and plant-based.
Vegan Skincare Routine For Wrinkles
The best vegan skincare routine for fighting wrinkles should involve collagen-boosting treatments and lots of skin-plumping hydration. Invest in at least one quality anti-aging vegan moisturizer and a good vegan serum.
To really smooth out wrinkles, it is impossible to avoid vitamin C and retinol. I use a vegan vitamin C serum in the mornings and vegan retinol serum in the evenings. Both ingredients are excellent in boosting collagen and elastin in your skin and ironing out deep wrinkles.
As for moisture, the best wrinkle-reducing ingredients are ceramides, peptides, and hyaluronic acid. Peptides and hyaluronic acid help plump your skin while ceramides improve your skin barrier and lock in healthy moisture. A well-moisturized skin will not look wrinkled.
And the most important thing – do not forget to wear vegan sunscreen. UV rays and other environmental stressors are what cause your skin to age much faster than it should. So if you want the rest of your skincare regimen to work, do not skip SPF.
FAQ About Vegan Skincare For Wrinkles
Vegan skincare can be good for wrinkles as the best ingredients for treating wrinkles are already vegan-friendly (e.g retinol, vitamin C, ceramides).
The best skincare for wrinkles includes Dr. Dennis Gross Overnight Wrinkle Treatment, Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Anti-Wrinkle Moisturizer, and Paula’s Choice Clinical 1% Retinol Treatment.
No. While the cream seems to be free of animal products, Neutrogena is a company that still uses animal testing. Therefore, none of Neutrogena’s products can be considered vegan.
Keeping the skin smooth and wrinkle-free is not something we say no to. Especially if it’s possible thanks to topical vegan skincare and without painful invasive treatments.
Our favorite vegan skincare for wrinkles comes from Dr. Dennis Gross, Juice Beauty, and Paula’s Choice. These companies use only science-backed ingredients that fight wrinkles best.
As we keep seeking out more vegan skincare products for wrinkles, we will make sure to keep this article fresh and add our new vegan wrinkle treatments to this very list.
See also: Best Vegan Moisturizers
Article update on May 04 (2023): Fact checked and medically reviewed by MD Shimona Garg
Article update on February 18 (2023): Added more references