Vitamin E is one of the best antioxidants to protect the skin from free radical damage. It also helps to support cell functions, moisturize the skin, and improve overall skin health (1).
Vitamin E is also a vegan-friendly ingredient that is usually derived from plants. To find the best vegan vitamin E skincare for your skin, see our complete guide for 2023.
PS all products below are vegan and cruelty-free, meaning they are free of animal-derived ingredients and have not been tested on animals. 💚
Best Vegan Vitamin E Skincare
Looking for good-quality vegan vitamin E skincare? Here are our favorite cruelty-free vegan vitamin E skincare products from moisturizers to cleansers and face masks.
- Derma E Vitamin E 12,000 IU Cream
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream
- Malin + Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturizer
- Jason Vitamin E 25,000 Moisturizing Crème
- The Inkey List Vitamin B, C, and E Moisturizer
Best Vegan Vitamin E Moisturizers
Here are the best vegan vitamin E face creams for 2023.
Derma E Vitamin E 12,000 IU Cream
This vegan vitamin E moisturizer from Derma E is the best. The multifunctional cream can be used for the face and body. It also works great under makeup. Containing vitamin E and natural plant-based oils, it soothes and softens the skin. This cream works best for dry skin.
- What we like: fast absorbing, moisturizes even very dry skin, soothes irritated areas
- What we don’t like: specific smell
- What reviews say: works well under makeup, can be used for face and body, moisturizes for a long period
Key ingredients: vitamin E, avocado oil, safflower seed oil | Main benefits: soothing, moisturizing, softening | Features: vegan, dermatologist-recommended, artificial fragrance-free, gluten-free, soy-free, mineral oil-free, made in the USA
Shop on: Amazon, iHerb, Official Site
The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream
The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream smells like fresh raspberries. This vegan vitamin E cream is great for all skin types and it leaves no oily feeling. Vitamin E, raspberry seed oil, and hyaluronic acid beautifully hydrate and smooth the skin.
PS The Body Shop has currently 15 vitamin E skincare products but only 5 of them are vegan. These five include Moisture Cream, Intense Moisture Cream, Eye Cream, Gentle Facial Wash, and Overnight Serum-In-Oil.
- What we like: lightweight consistency, great price value, reduces scarring
- What we don’t like: contains fragrance
- What reviews say: a little goes a long way, leaves no greasy feeling, great for different skin types
Key ingredients: vitamin E, raspberry seed oil, hyaluronic acid | Main benefits: hydrating, smoothening | Features: vegan, dermatologically tested
Shop on: Amazon, Official site
Malin + Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturizer
Malin + Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturizer is perfect for all skin types. The chamomile fatty acids are soothing even for very sensitive or irritated skin. This vegan cream can also be used under makeup or as an aftershave balm for men. Overall, it is pricy but worth the value.
- What we like: soothes sensitive and acne-prone skin, very hydrating
- What we don’t like: it takes time to absorb
- What reviews say: makes the skin texture smoother, lightweight formula
Key ingredients: vitamin E, chamomile fatty acids, sodium hyaluronate, panthenol, vitamin B5 | Main benefits: hydrating, nourishing, strengthening | Features: vegan, artificial fragrance-free, made in the USA
Shop on: Amazon, Official site
Jason Vitamin E 25,000 Moisturizing Crème
Jason’s vitamin E vegan cream is thick but it melts on the skin. This vegan vitamin E moisturizer is hydrating enough even for cracked and damaged skin. Avocado oil and vitamin E nourish, hydrate, and brighten the skin well. We also like how affordable this cream is.
- What we like: brightens the skin, great price value, soothing after shaving
- What we don’t like: very thick consistency
- What reviews say: intensely hydrating, helps with eczema and sunburns
Key ingredients: vitamin E, avocado oil | Main benefits: firming, plumping, hydrating | Features: vegan, artificial fragrance-free, recyclable packaging, artificial colors-free, GMO-free, made in the USA
The Inkey List Vitamin B, C, and E Moisturizer
This bestselling vegan vitamin E face cream also includes vitamins C and B. You only need a small amount of the cream and it can be used AM and PM. This cream is perfect for calming irritated skin and making the overall complexion brighter and healthier.
- What we like: a little goes a long way, lightweight, can be used under makeup
- What we don’t like: leaves an oily finish
- What reviews say: great price value, works great for all skin types
Key ingredients: vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin B3 | Main benefits: brightening, soothing, hydrating | Features: vegan, breastfeeding safe
Carbon Theory Vitamin E & Tea Tree Oil Moisturiser
Carbon Theory Vitamin E & Tea Tree Oil Moisturiser is suitable for all skin types. Containing cranberry extract and tea tree oil, it helps to clear out acne and blemishes. Vitamin E at the same time moisturizes the skin. It’s a great skin-balancing cream.
- What we like: softens and refreshes the skin, a little goes a long way
- What we don’t like: it takes time to see results
- What reviews say: clears up acne, very hydrating, does not irritate sensitive skin
Key ingredients: vitamin E, shea butter, organic tea tree oil, cranberry extract | Main benefits: nourishing, hydrating, soothing | Features: vegan, artificial fragrance-free, made in the UK
Other Vegan Vitamin E Skincare Products
See also our selection of other great vegan vitamin E skincare products from serum to body lotion.
- Vegan Vitamin E Serum: Dr. Lara Devgan Vitamin C+B+E Ferulic Serum
- Vegan Vitamin E Cleanser: Versed Day Dissolve Cleansing Balm
- Vegan Vitamin E Toner: Paula’s Choice Enriched Calming Toner
- Vegan Vitamin E Eye Cream: The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream
- Vegan Vitamin E Face Mask: Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin E Mask
- Vegan Vitamin E Face Oil: Health Priority Organic Vitamin E Oil
- Vegan Vitamin E Sunscreen: Jaxon Lane Rain Or Shine SPF 50
- Vegan Vitamin E Hand Cream: Mario Badescu Special Hand Cream
- Vegan Vitamin E Body Lotion: Derma E Vitamin E Shea Body Lotion
- Vegan Vitamin E Skincare Set: Derma E Vitamin E Fragrance-Free Set
Is Vitamin E Vegan?
Vitamin E aka tocopherol in skincare is always vegan. It is usually either produced synthetically or derived from plants such as avocado, pumpkin, and wheat germ oil.
While vitamin E is a vegan ingredient, you need to still be careful when buying vitamin E skincare. As a moisturizing and soothing ingredient, vitamin E is often paired with animal ingredients such as honey and beeswax. Vitamin E skincare can also be animal tested.
To make sure your vitamin E skincare is 100% vegan, we recommend choosing brands with vegan certificates or vegan labels.
What To Look For In Vegan Vitamin E Skincare?
Here are some things to keep in mind when choosing vitamin E skincare.
- There are eight types of vitamin E. They are called α-,β-,γ-, and σ-tocopherols and their related corresponding tocotrienols. The most common vitamin E types in skincare are tocopheryl acetate and tocopherol.
- Vitamin E is an excellent moisturizer that works best for dry, sensitive, and mature skin types. Vitamin E can be used even for extra dry areas such as elbows or cuticles.
- Vitamin E pairs well with vitamin C to give your skin strong antioxidant protection from daily stressors. Vitamin E also has several properties to reduce UV light damage to the skin.
FAQ About Vegan Vitamin E Skincare
Vitamin E in skincare is vegan and made from plant fats.
The best vegan vitamin E moisturizer is the Derma E Vitamin E 12,000 IU Cream.
You will find the best selection of vegan vitamin E skincare online, especially on Amazon, Ulta, and Sephora.
No. The cream includes beeswax.
Vitamin E is a skincare ingredient that you can trust. This antioxidant helps your skin retain moisture and protects your skin cells from harm. Vitamin E is also vegan.
The Body Shop and Derma E offer currently the best vegan vitamin E skincare. We also love the Malin + Goetz vitamin E vegan moisturizer.
As we have included vitamin E skincare into our own skincare routine, we will keep trying our new vitamin E collections and add our favorite products to this list.
Update on February 18 (2023): Added a reference to support vitamin E benefits