I got a chance to try Youth To The People 15% Vitamin C + Clean Caffeine Energy Serum when I got the serum with The Youth System Skincare Set.
My skin doesn’t typically do well with vitamin C serums but I’ve had no problems with this one. I’ve now used up the travel-sized version and I’d love to order a full bottle soon.
What I can say with certainty is that this vegan vitamin C serum does a good job of waking up your skin, giving you a nice glow, and boosting hydration.
Shop the vitamin C serum: Amazon, Sephora
15% Vitamin C + Clean Caffeine Energy Serum Specs
15% Vitamin C + Clean Caffeine Energy Serum by Youth To The People promises to brighten, hydrate, and depuff the skin. The main ingredients of the vitamin C and caffeine serum are:
- Vitamin C: ethyl ascorbic acid, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate
- Caffeine: yerba mate, guayusa
- Other ingredients: passionfruit, dragonfruit
My first impression of the serum is that the 15% vitamin C content of this serum is quite high. But since it’s not ascorbic acid, the trio of stable vitamin C forms should not cause any irritation.
I’m especially excited that this serum has tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate – one of the best science-backed vitamin C forms. It’s a high-quality vitamin C that should make a difference to your skin.
The caffeine content of this serum is sourced from exotic yerba mate and guayusa leaves which is quite exciting. Other ingredients include antioxidant-dense fruit extracts.
Is 15% Vitamin C + Clean Caffeine Energy Serum Good?
Youth To The People 15% Vitamin C + Clean Caffeine Energy Serum is a very decent serum that gives your skin a beautiful healthy glow and boosts hydration. The skin looks overall healthier and clearer. It hasn’t caused any redness or irritation to my skin.
However, this is not the most powerful vitamin C serum that targets hyperpigmentation and changes your skin tone drastically. It’s more of a morning vitamin shot that has all the right ingredients to make your skin ready for the day. Just don’t wear it under makeup – it piles.
15% Vitamin C + Clean Caffeine Energy Serum Pros
These are the pros of the 15% Vitamin C + Clean Caffeine Energy Serum.
- It’s lightweight – this vitamin C serum feels very silky and it absorbs instantly
- Gives a glow – this serum gives the best dewy glow and fights dullness
- Lovely scent – I really like the fresh gingery scent of this vegan serum
- Non-irritating – it uses stable forms of vitamin C that should not cause irritation or tingle
- Clarifies blemishes – I’ve noticed fewer breakouts when using this serum
- Lightens acne scars – many say their acne scars are less visible thanks to this serum
- Improves moisture – the skin feels more hydrated when using this serum
- Less puffiness – this serum definitely helps with puffiness to an extent
15% Vitamin C + Clean Caffeine Energy Serum Cons
These are the cons of the 15% Vitamin C + Clean Caffeine Energy Serum.
- Piles under makeup – This is the biggest flaw of this vegan vitamin C serum. It does not jive with makeup. Just use it with a light moisturizer and SPF.
- Expensive – 68 dollars is quite an investment to make for a vitamin C serum. You must really like it to continue buying it.
- Can clog pores – I haven’t personally experienced it but people with oilier skin have noticed it can clog pores and cause blackheads. So be careful.
- No change in dark spots – I have not noticed any difference in my hyperpigmentation. But I haven’t also used it long enough, so I’ll get back to you on that.
- Has fragrance – Sensitive skin should be careful with this serum as it’s quite potent and includes fragrance. Definitely do a patch test before committing to using it.
FAQ About 15% Vitamin C + Clean Caffeine Energy Serum
Yes. It’s a vegan serum. All products from Youth To The People are vegan.
This serum is worth it if you are looking to boost your skin’s radiance and hydration. It makes your skin more awake and healthier.
Apply 2 to 4 pumps of this serum on a clean face and neck in the morning. Follow with a moisturizer.
It’s difficult to say. For some people, it clears up acne and even lightens acne scars. Others say it clogs pores and causes breakouts. You just need to try it out for yourself.
I wouldn’t say it’s the best serum to fight dark spots and hyperpigmentation. It just gives you an overall healthier skin tone and a nice glow.
Why Trust Us
Our review of the 15% Vitamin C + Clean Caffeine Energy Serum has not been incentivized. We bought the serum and reviewed it having used it for a couple of weeks.
We also compare our own experience against online reviews to reach the most objective assessment. Read more about how we review products and brands.
Youth To The People 15% Vitamin C + Clean Caffeine Energy Serum gets quite a high rating from us as it gives your skin a beautiful glow while also hydrating it. It can therefore do the job of two vegan serums at once.
This serum does have some shortcomings, the biggest one being the fact that it cakes under makeup. It’s also not the cheapest vitamin C serum on the market. But if you are looking for a solid vegan vitamin C serum that does not irritate your skin – give this one a go.