Californian-based Youth To The People has become one of our favorite vegan skincare brands. We have reviewed many of their products, and so far, our reviews have been mostly positive.
With a variety of bestsellers on Sephora, Youth To The People or YTTP stands out with bold imagery and effective skincare that is packed with nature’s superfoods.
While we root for YTTP, there are things we like about the brand and things we don’t. See our Youth To The People review, so you can make a more informed choice about this company.
Shop Youth To The People: Amazon, Sephora
Is Youth To The People A Good Brand?
Youth To The People is a great brand. They are sustainable, clean, and natural and their skincare really works. Youth To The People is also 100% vegan.
While we wish YTTP skincare would cost less, it’s still one of the strongest vegan brands on the market. At least my own skin has improved significantly thanks to their products.
Youth To The People Pros
Here is what we like about Youth To The People.
- Always vegan – YTTP is certified vegan and cruelty-free
- Natural ingredients – they use lots of natural berries, fruits, and plants
- Effective skincare – you can see real changes in your skin when using YTTP
- No harsh chemicals – YTTP avoids harsh additives such as sulfates and parabens
- Sensorial products – they pay a lot of attention to scents, textures, and packaging
- Made in the USA – YTTP products are ethically produced in the USA
- Recyclable packaging – they use recyclable plastic and glass packaging
- Refills available – there are refills are available for many products
- Charitable causes – YTTP donates to several environmental and social causes
- Inclusive marketing – the brand is very inclusive in terms of age, race, or gender
Youth To The People Cons
Here is what we don’t like about Youth To The People.
- They were acquired by L’Oréal – This former family business has been acquired by a megacorporation that is not vegan and still tests on animals. That’s a bummer.
- Their products are expensive – YTTP products are not cheap. Just noticed their vitamin C serum costs 68 dollars, and their bestselling cleanser costs the same amount.
- They still use fragrance – Many YTTP products still include fragrance. While it’s usually natural fragrances, the fragrance is still not ideal for sensitive and dry skin.
- Some experience breakouts – YTTP products are typically rich in nutrients, sometimes too rich. That can lead to breakouts for sensitive and acne-prone skin types.
Youth To The People Product Reviews
These are the products we have tried and reviewed from Youth To The People.
- Superfood Air-Whip Moisture Cream Review (our rating: 4.8/5)
- Superfood Antioxidant Cleanser Review (our rating: 4.9/5)
- Triple Peptide + Cactus Oasis Serum Review (our rating: 4.7/5)
- Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Mask Review (out rating: 4.8/5)
- Superberry Dream Eye Cream Review (our rating: 4.6/5)
- Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Oil (our rating: 4.3/5)
- 15% Vitamin C Energy Serum Review (our rating: 4.3/5)
- Yerba Mate Resurfacing Energy Facial (our rating: 4.6/5)
- The Youth System Skincare Set Review (our rating: 4.9/5)
Which Youth To The People Products Are The Best?
Youth To The People’s best products are Superfood Antioxidant Cleanser, Superfood Air-Whip Moisture Cream, and Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Mask.
Other great products from Youth To The People include Triple Peptide + Cactus Oasis Serum, Yerba Mate Energy Facial, and their newest Polypeptide-121 Future Cream.
FAQ About Youth To The People
Yes. Youth To The People is a fully vegan brand.
This brand is so worth it. They make high-quality vegan skincare that works.
A lot of Youth To The People products are safe for sensitive skin but you should still be careful. Their blends are usually quite rich and may also include fragrance.
Why Trust Us
Our review of Youth To The People has not been incentivized by the brand or any retailer. We have bought the products ourselves and took the time to try them all out personally.
We also performed extensive brand research online and compared our own experiences against the reviews and opinions of other skincare users and experts. Read more about how we review products and brands.
Youth To The People is a brand I wholeheartedly recommend. Not only are they fully vegan, but they have also made sure their products bring on actual changes to your skin.
YTTP has a great balance between natural extract and proven active ingredients such as peptides or hyaluronic acid. Their products are also very pleasing to the senses.
We are not happy about the L’Oréal acquisition but we hope that this wonderful vegan brand will stay true to its core values.