Youth To The People Superfood Antioxidant Cleanser is the best vegan cleanser. It gives a fresh daily cleanse without stripping the skin of moisture.
It’s become one of my favorite products from Youth To The People. I love the ingredients of the cleanser and love how this product looks, feels, and works.
Superfood Antioxidant Cleanser Specs
Youth To The People Superfood Cleanser promises a juice cleanse for your face. The gel-to-foam cleanser is full of cold-pressed antioxidants, the main ones being:
- Green Tea
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
For the antioxidants to activate, you will actually need to massage the cleanser at least for 30 seconds on your face and neck – something I realized much later.
As for the benefits, the Superfood Cleanser promises to remove makeup and dirt and keep your pores clean. It thereby prevents blackheads and blemishes.
As this cleanser is non-drying and full of antioxidants, it keeps your skin’s pH level balanced, and your skin bright and youthful. I was very excited about the anti-aging benefits.
Is Superfood Antioxidant Cleanser Good?
Youth To The People Superfood Cleanser is nothing like other vegan cleansers. It gives your skin a thorough cleanse with a really refreshing experience. I love how the cleanser looks, I love how the gel activates into a lightweight lather. And I love how well it cleanses the skin.
This vegan cleanser gets rid of excess oil, dirt, makeup, and SPF without effort. When paired with Paula’s Choice 2% BHA Exfoliating Liquid, the blackheads on my nose and forehead are gone. It also prevents blemishes and congestion, so it’s perfect for oily and acne-prone skin.
While I would not recommend the Superfood Cleanser for dry and sensitive skin types, this cleanser has really balanced and improved my combination skin. The skin is also brighter and smoother, so this cleanser does deliver on the anti-aging promises.
Superfood Antioxidant Cleanser Pros
Here are the pros of the Superfood Cleanser.
- Effective cleanser – A cleanser should be first and foremost judged by how well it cleanses the skin. This vegan cleanser gets rid of makeup, SPF, oil, and dirt well.
- Smells fresh – The fresh scent and feel from this cleanser are the best, it almost has a cooling effect. The fresh lather wakes you up properly in the morning.
- Good antioxidants – The antioxidants from spinach, kale, green tea, and vitamin C are great at protecting and strengthening your skin.
- It clarifies the skin – I’ve noticed the Superfood cleanser also clarifies the skin from blackheads and blemishes and keeps pores small. It definitely works well for acne-prone skin, especially when paired with some acne-treating serum.
- It doesn’t dry the skin – The skin does not feel tight and squeaky after this cleanser, the moisture barrier stays intact.
- Skin looks brighter and even – This cleanser does improve skin tone and texture. Skin is visibly brighter and since the pores are clean, the texture is smooth and more even.
- It’s sustainable – It’s an environmentally-friendly natural vegan cleanser with recyclable packaging and refills available. Youth To The People is also a philanthropic brand.
Superfood Antioxidant Cleanser Cons
Here are the cons of the Superfood Antioxidant Cleanser.
- It contains fragrance – Sensitive skin should be careful with this cleanser as it contains fragrance. Otherwise, it’s mostly made of clean and natural ingredients.
- It does not suit dry skin – This cleanse is overall quite gentle but we recommend a more hydrating cleanser for dry skin. Superfood cleanser is still more made for normal, combination, and oily skin types.
- It’s not cheap – While this cleanser will last you a long time, it’s more expensive than your regular drugstore cleanser.
FAQ About Superfood Cleanser
Yes. It’s 100% vegan and cruelty-free.
Yes. In our opinion, it’s the best vegan cleanser out there. It feels so fresh, is full of antioxidants, and gives your skin a deep, non-stripping cleanse.
Apply one to two pumps of the gel to wet the face and neck. Massage for 30 seconds for the antioxidants to activate. Use AM and PM.
We would definitely recommend this cleanser to help clear acne, blemishes, and excess sebum. This cleanser deep cleanses pores and helps prevent congestion.
Not well. If you use waterproof makeup and waterproof mascara, start with a cleansing oil or cleansing balm and use the Superfood Cleanser as a second step.
Why Trust Us
This product review has not been incentivized. At Vegan Avenue, we purchase vegan skincare products that have been recommended to us and review all products by trying them out.
Everyone at Vegan Avenue tested the cleanser and we compiled all experiences into this comprehensive review. Read more about how we review products and brands.
Youth To The People have made the best vegan cleanser money could buy. It deeply cleanses the skin without stripping it and leaves a fresh feeling. We also love how many natural antioxidants this cleanser has to keep the skin bright and protected.
The main area this cleanser loses points is that it’s not a fit for dry skin even though it claims to be. It’s simply not hydrating enough for dry and dehydrated skin and puts too much pressure on the moisturizer. We also wish this otherwise clean cleanser would not include fragrance.
We love to recommend the Superfood Antioxidants Cleanser to everyone with normal, oily, or combination skin types. People with blemish-prone skin can also benefit immensely from adding this vegan cleanser to their routine.