Eyelash serums are designed to nourish eyelashes with vitamins and thereby promote lash growth at the follicle level. Lash serums also help reduce lash breakage and reduce reliance on mascara by making the lashes naturally fuller and longer.
We have listed our favorite vegan eyelash serums to encourage lash growth and boost overall lash health. Enjoy thicker and stronger lashes thanks to effective, plant-based ingredients.
All lash serums below are vegan and cruelty-free, meaning they are free of animal ingredients and have not been tested on animals. Our selected serums are natural, irritation-free, and made without parabens and other hormone disruptors.
Disclaimer: No eyelash serum is a miracle worker. While many vegan lash growth serums below are backed by clinical results, the health and growth of your lashes depend on a variety of other factors, including genetics, hormones, lifestyle choices, and aging.
Best Vegan Eyelash Serums
Discover the best vegan eyelash growth serums from RevitaLash to Vegamour.
- RevitaLash Advanced Eyelash Conditioner
- LashFood Phyto-Medic Eyelash Enhancing Serum
- Augustinus Bader Eyebrow and Lash Enhancing Serum
- The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Lash and Brow Serum
- Vegamour Gro Volumizing Lash Serum
- Velour Lashes Long & Strong Lash Serum
- Better Not Younger Superpower Lash Growth Serum
1. RevitaLash Advanced Eyelash Conditioner
RevitaLash Advanced Eyelash Conditioner is the best vegan eyelash serum. This hit serum is backed by clinical results and raving reviews for making lashes stronger, longer, and fuller. By hydrating and conditioning the lashes, this serum also gives lashes a beautiful curl.
It’s the best vegan serum for lash growth – both existing lash hairs grow longer and you are likely to see new lash growth in a few weeks’ time. We are not happy the serum contains prostaglandin (DDDE) but this ingredient does work. The formula itself is hypoallergenic.
- What we like: makes lashes noticeably longer and fuller
- What we don’t like: includes prostaglandin
- What other reviewers say: lashes grow quickly, visible results in 2 months, lashes appear stronger and denser, a little too expensive
Key ingredients: peptides, lipids, biotin, green tea, panthenol, DDDE | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, phthalate-free, BHT-free, hypoallergenic, gluten-free, oil-free, clinically-tested, dermatologist-tested, ophthalmologist-tested, safe to use with eyelash extensions, made in the USA
2. LashFood Phyto-Medic Eyelash Enhancing Serum
LashFood Eyelash Enhancing Serum is the perfect nightly vegan lash serum for longer lashes. The natural and organic formula is made with plant extract and plant proteins to strengthen and nourish lashes overnight. It’s not a magic product but it works with consistent use.
- What we like: healthy plant-based formula, easy to use
- What we don’t like: not as much lash growth as with RevitaLash
- What other reviewers say: lashes appear fuller and thicker in a few weeks’ time, gentle on the eyes, reduces breakage and fall-outs
Key ingredients: herbal extracts, arginine, lavender water, soy protein, rice protein | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, natural, organic, paraben-free, phthalate-free, prostaglandin-free, sulfate-free, mineral oil-free, gluten-free, silicone-free, fragrance-free, GMO-free, Ecocert-verified, irritation-free, dermatologist-tested
3. Augustinus Bader Eyebrow and Lash Enhancing Serum
Kim Kardashian’s favorite vegan lash growth serum does not disappoint. This luxury vegan eyelash serum has a wide array of benefits from nourishing and strengthening the lashes to enhancing growth and density. It also revitalizes weak and aging lashes.
- What we like: well-rounded serum for lash health
- What we don’t like: it’s expensive
- What other reviewers say: noticeably fuller, longer, and thicker lashes in a few weeks, good hydration, adds volume, also works for growing back brow hair
Key ingredients: TFC8, biotin, roselle and safflower extracts, red winter algae, castor seed oil | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, fragrance-free, SLS-free, mineral oil-free, prostaglandin-free, clean, natural, irritation-free, allergen-free, GMO-free, gluten-free, clinically tested
4. The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Lash and Brow Serum
The Ordinary offers the best affordable vegan eyelash serum. The water-based vegan lash hydrates and nourishes lashes and encourages lash growth with all kinds of peptides. It’s also packed with antioxidants to protect and strengthen the lashes.
- What we like: the most affordable way to longer lashes
- What we don’t like: packaging can leak
- What other reviewers say: lashes look healthy and voluminous, visibly longer lashes in a month, adds more length than density, clean and non-irritating formula
Key ingredients: peptides, caffeine, arginine, panthenol, European larch extract | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, alcohol-free, oil-free, silicone-free, gluten-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free, prostaglandin-free, mineral oil-free, fragrance-free, safe to use with lash extensions
5. Vegamour Gro Volumizing Lash Serum
Vegamour Gro is the best natural vegan eyelash serum for sensitive skin and sensitive eyes. It includes no chemicals or hormone disruptors, just natural botanical extracts like mung bean and red clover to boost lash health. The lashes appear denser and thicker in a month’s time.
- What we like: great for lash density, natural formula
- What we don’t like: not much new growth
- What other reviewers say: helps lashes grow fuller, longer and darker, existing lashes look healthier and feel stronger, does not irritate sensitive skin
Key ingredients: mung bean extract, red clover extract, peptides| Features: vegan, cruelty-free, clinically tested, natural, GMO-free, paraben-free, phthalate-free, prostaglandin-free, sulfate-free, silicone-free, mineral oil-free, oil-free, safe to use with lash extensions
6. Velour Lashes Long & Strong Lash Serum
We like vegan eyelashes from Velour just as we like their vegan lash growth serum. This serum is packed with peptides along with natural botanical extracts to promote stronger and longer lashes in 6 weeks’ time.
- What we like: beautiful volumizing effect, boost growth
- What we don’t like: stings when gets in the eyes
- What other reviewers say: many report visible lash growth after 6 weeks, beautiful high-quality packaging, fuller lashes, fewer fall-outs, less breakage
Key ingredients: peptides, clover extract, grape seed extract | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, prostaglandin-free, fragrance-free, paraben-free, phthalate-free, mineral oil-free, ophthalmologist-tested, dermatologist-tested
7. Better Not Younger Superpower Lash Growth Serum
Better Not Younger is the best anti-aging vegan eyelash serum. Above all, it promises denser, stronger, and darker lashes as lashes seem often fade lighter with age. This natural vegan lash growth serum is hypoallergenic and uses all the right ingredients from peptides to panthenol.
- What we like: reliable eyelash conditioner, revitalizing
- What we don’t like: not the most lengthening
- What other reviewers say: eyelashes look fuller, promotes new growth, it does not irritate the eyes, easy to apply, soothing, good for mature lashes
Key ingredients: peptides, biotin, pumpkin seed extract, hyaluronic acid, panthenol | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free, prostaglandin-free, hypoallergenic, clinically tested
What Makes Eyelash Serum Vegan?
Vegan eyelash serum is a serum that is free of animal ingredients such as beeswax or honey. Vegan eyelash serums are also not tested on animals or contain ingredients that have been tested on animals.
These are the most common ingredients that make an eyelash serum not vegan:
- Beeswax – An excretion from honeybees, beeswax is a common animal ingredient in eyelash products for its moisturizing and conditioning abilities. Beeswax also makes formulas thicker and creamier.
- Honey – A nectar made by honeybees, honey is also widely used in eyelash serums. It’s a softening emollient and rich in lash-nourishing vitamins.
- Collagen – Some anti-aging eyelash serums can also include soluble collagen – a protein commonly derived from the connective tissues of cows.
- Glycerin – Glycerin is the most popular emollient that is often used for conditioning eyelashes. Glycerin can be derived from animal fats or vegetables.
- Placenta – Animal placental extracts have been long used in hair growth products, including in lash serums. It used to be popular to use whale placenta, today, today placenta is mainly derived from cows.
When looking at the leading vegan lash growth serums today, the majority of them are vegan-friendly. Vegan peptides, vegan vitamins and plant extracts, waxes, and emollients have become more popular than animal products. But you still need to be careful.
To make sure the lash serum is free from animal-derived ingredients and animal testing, prefer products that have a certified vegan or cruelty-free label from Leaping Bunny, PETA, or The Vegan Society. Or pick a vegan eyelash serum from our verified list.
What To Look For In Vegan Eyelash Serums
When looking for a vegan eyelash serum, prefer serums that use primarily clean and natural ingredients. Ingredients like parabens, phthalates, and triclosan are endocrine-disrupting chemicals that are better kept further away from the eyes.
Most eyelash serums we list are also prostaglandin-free. While prostaglandins are effective in encouraging lash growth by lengthening the anagen (hair growth) phase, this ingredient has some troubling potential side-effect such as irritation and iris and skin pigmentation.
If you are wearing lash extensions, make sure you choose oil-free vegan eyelash serum. With sensitive skin or sensitive eyes, choose vegan lash serums that are hypoallergenic, dermatologist-tested, and ophthalmologist-tested.
Best Vegan Eyelash Serum Ingredients
These are the best vegan-friendly ingredients for enhancing lash growth and boosting lash health in lash serums:
- Peptides – Peptides are the leading ingredients for boosting lash growth by promoting keratin synthesis. In lash serums, peptides are usually vegan-friendly.
- Biotin – Biotin or vitamin B7 helps maintain lash hair growth and reduces inflammation. In topical serums, biotin is usually vegan for greater stability.
- Arginine – Arginine is an amino acid that may help promote lash hair growth by stimulating blood circulation. Arginine is usually vegetable-derived and vegan-friendly.
- Panthenol – Panthenol helps lash hair retain moisture and become more flexible instead of breaking. It may help stop the lashes from thinning. Panthenol can be both vegan and animal-derived.
- Plant antioxidants – Antioxidants from plant extracts are important in lash serums as they help fight off oxidative stress and thus help make lashes stronger and healthier.
- Plant proteins – Plant proteins from soy or rice help repair and strengthen the lash hair follicle, thus promoting fuller lashes and reducing breakage.
In addition to the vegan ingredients above, other important vegan ingredients in eyelash serums include plant emollients (vegan glycerin and hyaluronic acid) that condition and hydrate lash hair, thus improving lash appearance.
Some of the natural vitamin-rich plant ingredients that promote fuller and thicker lashes are castor seed oil, mung bean extract, lavender, and green tea.
How We Review Vegan Eyelash Serums
At Vegan Avenue, we rate vegan eyelash serums by combining our personal experience with peer recommendations and the results of independent clinical trials. Here are the criteria we rate vegan eyelash serums by:
- Clean ingredients – We only list vegan eyelash serums that are free of potential hormone-disrupting ingredients. The serums we list are also hypoallergenic and irritation-free.
- Proven actives – Plant-based ingredients are wonderful but vegan lash growth serums should include at least one scientifically backed active for hair growth (e.g. peptides).
- Visible results – Using a vegan eyelash serum should bring on some visible change in the lash appearance, we expect to see the lashes grow longer or fuller or at the very least look stronger and healthier.
- Price – Eyelash serum is a luxury product but we also try to find more affordable options to add to our vegan list. For expensive vegan lash serums, the pricing needs to match the product quality. Luxury vegan serums need to deliver on their promises.
Why Trust Us
The product research and reviewing at Vegan Avenue are 100% independent. None of our vegan eyelash serum reviews has been incentivized by the brand of the retailer.
FAQ About Vegan Eyelash Serums
Eyelash serums are not always vegan. Some eyelash serums include animal-derived ingredients such as beeswax, honey, or collagen. Eyelash serums can also be animal tested.
RevitaLash Advanced Eyelash Conditioner is the best vegan eyelash serum.
The best selection of vegan lash growth serums is available online, on Amazon, Sephora, Ulta, and Dermstore.
Yes. The serum is vegan and cruelty-free.
Yes. The serum is vegan and cruelty-free.
It’s unclear. The serum ingredients are vegan-friendly but there is not enough information on whether Cosnori tests its products on animals.
No. The serum cannot be considered vegan since Obagi tests on animals.
No. The serum contains honey.
We are happy to see that so many market-leading eyelash serums are already vegan. Plant-based ingredients are excellent for boosting lash growth in a more natural and healthy way. It’s also amazing to see that whale placenta is not a thing anymore in the lash growth world.
Hope you enjoyed our guide with the best vegan eyelash serums, primarily vegan lash growth serums. If you have brittle lashes or your lashes are aging, give an eyelash serum a try. At the very least, you will get lashes that are more nourished, hydrated, and less prone to break.
As we keep on trying out new vegan lash serums, we will add our favorites to this article.
See also: Best Vegan Eyelashes
Main Image: courtesy of RevitaLash