We love vegan tinted moisturizers. I wear a tinted moisturizer daily instead of foundation and have had a great opportunity to try out many vegan options on the market.
From BareMinerals to Huda Beauty, here are the best vegan tinted moisturizers for 2023.
Rest assured, all products below are vegan and cruelty-free meaning they are free of animal ingredients and not tested on animals.
Best Vegan Tinted Moisturizers
These are the best vegan tinted moisturizers and vegan skin tints in 2023.
- Best Overall: BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Moisturizer
- Best Organic: 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Tinted Moisturizer
- Best Affordable: Wet N Wild Bare Focus Tinted Skin Veil
- Best Luxury: Lune+Aster RealGlow Skin Tint
- Best With SPF: Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47
- Best For Redness: Milk Makeup Sunshine Skin Tint Clean SPF 30
- Best For Fair Skin: Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint
- Best For Dark Skin: Ami Colé Skin-Enhancing Tinted Moisturizer
- Best For Dry Skin: Huda Beauty GloWish Multidew Skin Tint
- Best For Oily Skin: Tarte Skin Treat Poreless Tinted Moisturizer
- Best For Combination Skin: Kosas Cosmetics Tinted Face Oil
- Best For Mature Skin: Pür 4-in-1 Tinted Moisturizer With SPF 20
- Best For Sensitive Skin: Jane Iredale Dream Tint Tinted Moisturizer
- Best For Men: Woak C4 Tinted Moisturizer
Best Vegan Tinted Moisturizer Overall
BareMinerals Complexion Rescue is the best vegan tinted moisturizer. This tinted moisturizer is made from clean, skin-friendly ingredients and has a natural, radiant finish. It hydrates the skin well without feeling heavy.
The tinted vegan moisturizer combines hyaluronic acid, olive-derived squalene, and mineral sunscreen with broad-spectrum SPF 30. It’s free of harsh chemicals, mineral oils, and gluten. Being oil-free, it’s also the best vegan tinted moisturizer for acne-prone skin.
- What we like: very lightweight and radiant
- What we don’t like: some shades are too orangey
- What other reviewers say: sheer natural coverage, great sun protection, great for sensitive and acne-prone skin
Key ingredients: hyaluronic acid, vegan squalane, minerals | Coverage: sheer to medium | Finish: dewy | SPF: 30| Features: vegan, cruelty-free, natural, clean, dermatologist-tested, hypoallergenic, oil-free, gluten-free, synthetic fragrance-free
Best Organic Vegan Tinted Moisturizer
This is our pick if you are looking for a great organic vegan tinted moisturizer. This natural tint uses organic white tea extract, acai juice, goji berries, and other antioxidant-rich plants to give your skin a healthy glow. A lovely daily vegan skin tint that works for all skin types.
- What we like: great hydration, natural ingredients
- What we don’t like: popular shades often out of stock
- What other reviewers say: breathable and moisturizing, dewy glow
Key ingredients: white tea, açai, pomegranate, aloe, cucumber | Coverage: light to medium | Finish: dewy | SPF: no | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, organic, natural, clean, gluten-free, made in the USA
Best Affordable Vegan Tinted Moisturizer
Wet N Wild Bare Focus is the best affordable vegan tinted moisturizer. For only 7 dollars, you get a good quality vegan skin tint that hydrates the skin and blurs imperfections. It’s really easy to apply and lightweight, it doesn’t settle in lines and has a beautiful natural finish.
- What we like: hides pores and imperfections, natural result
- What we don’t like: the lightest shade is still too dark
- What other reviewers say: great daily coverage, a bit heavy for some
Key ingredients: hyaluronic acid, vegan squalane| Coverage: sheer to medium| Finish: semi-matte| SPF: no | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, oil-free
Best Luxury Vegan Tinted Moisturizer
Lune+Aster RealGlow Skin Tint is the best luxury vegan tinted moisturizer. It’s so airy and breathable on the skin, it blends well, and the coverage is even comparable to some lightweight foundations. Made with clean ingredients, it is also suitable for sensitive skin.
- What we like: airy and weightless on the skin
- What we don’t like: it’s expensive
- What other reviewers say: great coverage, feels light on the skin, not cakey, great for sensitive skin
Key ingredients: hyaluronic acid, vegan collagen, vitamin E, apple seed extract | Coverage: sheer to medium | Finish: natural, radiant | SPF: no | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, natural, clean, gluten-free, dermatologist-tested, fragrance-free, hypoallergenic
Best Vegan Tinted Moisturizer With SPF
If you are looking for a high-quality vegan tinted moisturizer with SPF, Josie Maran offers a great option. You will get a broad-spectrum mineral sun defense of SPF 47 and the universal skin tint gives your skin an even complexion and warm glow. It also moisturizes the skin well.
- What we like: amazing moisture and sun protection, non-greasy
- What we don’t like: only one shade option
- What other reviewers say: skin feels smooth, absorbs quickly, looks invisible
Key ingredients: argan oil, jojoba oil, green tea | Coverage: sheer | Finish: warm, radiant | SPF: 47| Features: vegan, cruelty-free, clean, natural, chemical-free, gluten-free, synthetic fragrance-free
Best Vegan Tinted Moisturizer For Redness
For redness and rosacea, we generally recommend vegan CC creams. But the Sunshine Skin Tint from Milk also provides enough coverage for redness. Made from clean and natural ingredients, this vegan skin tint does not irritate sensitive and rosacea-prone skin types.
- What we like: nice hydration, covers redness and spots
- What we don’t like: uncomfortable roller ball applicator
- What other reviewers say: blends well, lasts the whole day
Key ingredients: vegan squalane, grape seed, avocado, mandarin oil| Coverage: light | Finish: natural | SPF: 30 | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, clean, natural, gluten-free
Best Vegan Tinted Moisturizer For Fair Skin
Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint is our favorite vegan tinted moisturizer for fair skin. It has 3 very light shades with neutral and warm undertones we love. The tint gives a soft and blurred finish with diamond powder to boost radiance. Great skin-friendly, fragrance-free formula.
- What we like: brightens the skin tone, very lightweight
- What we don’t like: small bottle
- What other reviewers say: suits both light skin and dark skin tones, beautiful sheer coverage, natural result, fits mature skin
Key ingredients: diamond powder, glycerin | Coverage: sheer| Finish: dewy | SPF: no | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, dermatologist-tested, fragrance-free
Best Vegan Tinted Moisturizer For Dark Skin
Ami Colé Skin-Enhancing Tint is the best vegan tinted moisturizer for dark skin. This natural skin tint has 4 deep brown and shades shades to choose from. It blurs pores and hides imperfections while feeling lightweight. It also keeps dark skin bright and hydrated with luxurious oils.
- What we like: poreless look, lightweight feel
- What we don’t like: not the strongest coverage
- What other reviewers say: very natural finish, evens skin tone without feeling heavy, shades match dark skin tones beautifully
Key ingredients: baobab seed oil, desert date oil, pumpkin seed extract, hibiscus extract | Coverage: light to medium | Finish: natural dewy | SPF: no | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, clean, natural, paraben-free, phthalate-free, fragrance-free, mineral oil-free, sulfate-free, alcohol-free, gluten-free, black-owned business
Best Vegan Tinted Moisturizer For Dry Skin
Dry skin will love this vegan tinted moisturizer from Huda Beauty. The rich and hydrating formula makes dry skin feel instantly comfortable. No dry patches with this one. It also brightens dry skin with a gorgeous dewy finish. It does not sit in lines, so it’s also good for mature skin.
- What we like: perfect hydration, evens out skin tone
- What we don’t like: hard to find a matching shade
- What other reviewers say: great glow, stays on well, too greasy for oily skin
Key ingredients: vegan squalane, Damascus rose oil, red ball pepper | Coverage: light | Finish: dewy, radiant | SPF: no | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, sulfate-free, paraben-free, fragrance-free, natural, water-resistant, sweat-resistant, non-comedogenic
Best Vegan Tinted Moisturizer For Oily Skin
Tarte has made the best mattifying vegan tinted moisturizer for oily skin. It blurs pores and blocks shine giving you a great natural finish without clogging pores. We also like that it doesn’t cake or slide off the skin during the day. The texture is smooth and easy to apply.
- What we like: blurs pores, skin looks smooth and flawless
- What we don’t like: some shades run dark
- What other reviewers say: great coverage, easy to apply, does not clog pores, cause breakouts, or irritate the skin
Key ingredients: diamond powder, lipoamino acids, minerals | Coverage: medium, buildable | Finish: matte | SPF: 20 | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, mineral oil-free, dermatologist-tested, gluten-free
Best Vegan Tinted Moisturizer For Combination Skin
Kosas Tinted Face Oil is the best vegan tinted moisturizer for combination skin. It’s made with natural oils to nourish dry areas, yet the oils come in a lightweight and silky formula that works for the oily T-zone. The result is an even and balanced complexion.
- What we like: it has the most beautiful finish, a soft natural glow
- What we don’t like: leaky dispenser
- What other reviewers say: skin feels soft and moisturized with no dry patches, no blotchiness, blurs imperfections
Key ingredients: avocado, meadowfoam, red raspberry, jojoba, camellia, rosehip oils| Coverage: light to medium| Finish: natural, satin | SPF: no | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, natural, gluten-free, mineral oil-free, talc-free, silicone-free, fragrance-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free
Best Vegan Tinted Moisturizer For Mature Skin
Pür 4-in-1 Tinted Moisturizer is the best vegan tinted moisturizer for mature skin. It includes hyaluronic acid and retinol that firm and hydrate the skin and reduce wrinkles. It moisturizes, primes, and conditions aging skin and gives a beautiful dewy complexion.
- What we like: evens out skin tone, great replacement for foundation
- What we don’t like: can look too shiny
- What other reviewers say: the perfect amount of coverage and moisture, does not cake or it in lines, lightweight
Key ingredients: hyaluronic acid, retinol, shea butter, chamomile, vitamin E | Coverage: buildable | Finish: dewy | SPF: 20 | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, natural, clean, paraben-free, gluten-free, BPA-free
Best Vegan Tinted Moisturizer For Sensitive Skin
Jane Iredale’s Dream Tint is the perfect vegan tinted moisturizer for sensitive skin. Gentle and clean, this vegan skin tint uses natural minerals to provide a beautiful sheer coverage while also moisturizing the skin. It’s silicone-free, fragrance-free, wheat-free, and oil-free.
- What we like: blurs imperfections, lovely natural finish
- What we don’t like: weird scent, can feel a bit sticky
- What other reviewers say: light coverage, improves the skin’s texture, not oily, goes on smooth, does not irritate the skin
Key ingredients: white tea leaf extract, elderflower extract, algae, shea butter | Coverage: sheer to medium | Finish: natural, soft| SPF: 15| Features: vegan, cruelty-free, clean, natural, gluten-free, chemical screen-free, non-GMO, synthetic fragrance-free, talc-free, mineral oil-free, paraben-free, water-resistant
Best Vegan Tinted Moisturizer For Men
Men’s cosmetics brand Woak offers the best vegan tinted moisturizer for men. It hides redness and dark circles while looking completely natural. It doesn’t look like you are wearing makeup at all. It also hydrates and brightens the skin with hyaluronic acid and vitamin C.
- What we like: great hydration, looks natural
- What we don’t like: only 3 shade options
- What other reviewers say: lightweight and not greasy, long-wearing, absorbs quickly, evens out skin tone, doesn’t look like makeup, great for sensitive skin
Key ingredients: hyaluronic acid, vitamin C | Coverage: light | Finish: natural | SPF: no | Features: vegan, cruelty-free, fragrance-free, clean, natural, paraben-free, phthalate-free, sulfate-free, talc-free, fragrance-free, hypoallergenic, made using Korean Beauty Technology
Best Vegan Tinted Moisturizer Brands
These brands have the best selection of vegan tinted moisturizers.
- Tarte: Tarte is not a fully vegan brand but offers great-quality vegan tinted moisturizers, vegan foundations, and vegan BB creams.
- Jane Iredale: This cruelty-free mineral makeup brand has an excellent selection of vegan tinted moisturizers and BB creams.
- Pacifica Beauty: Pacifica is a vegan and cruelty-free cosmetics brand that offers affordable vegan tinted moisturizers, BB creams, and CC creams.
- Cover FX: Cover FX is a 100% vegan makeup brand focusing on face makeup, they have great vegan tinted moisturizers and foundations.
What Makes A Tinted Moisturizer Vegan?
Tinted moisturizer is vegan if it’s free of animal-based ingredients such as beeswax. Vegan tinted moisturizers cannot be also animal tested or contain animal-tested ingredients.
The most common ingredients that make a tinted moisturizer not vegan are beeswax, animal glycerin, lanolin, and collagen.
- Beeswax – waxy substance excreted by bees
- Glycerin – emollient from cow or pig fat (can be also vegan)
- Lanolin – oily emollient from sheep’s wool
- Collagen – animal-derived protein from cattle or fish, used for anti-aging properties
Instead of animal-derived emollients, vegan tinted moisturizers use plant oils such as jojoba oil and vegetable glycerin. Plant emollients are usually even better in quality.
Beeswax is often replaced by synthetic beeswax or plant waxes. Animal collagen is replaced by plant collagen complexes or some other anti-aging ingredients such as plant stem cells.
What To Look For In A Vegan Tinted Moisturizer?
When choosing a vegan tinted moisturizer, it’s all about choosing the amount of coverage and moisturization you are after. It’s also important to know your skin type.
With dry skin, prefer a vegan tinted moisturizer that is rich enough to make your skin feel comfortable and hydrated throughout the day.
Hyaluronic acid and vegan squalane are good hydrators for dry and dehydrated skin and vitamin C is a great ingredient to make your dry skin glow.
If you have oily or acne-prone skin, choose an oil-free vegan tinted moisturizer that does not clog pores and allows your skin to breathe. If possible, look for a matte finish.
If your skin is sensitive and easily reactive, go for a mineral-based or organic vegan tinted moisturizer that does not include harsh chemicals, alcohol, or synthetic fragrance.
How We Review Vegan Tinted Moisturizers
We review vegan tinted moisturizers by trying them out on our own skin. While the vegan formula is a value on its own, we still have high expectations for the product to perform.
There are the criteria we use to evaluate vegan tinted moisturizers:
- Ingredients: what are the key active ingredients, what is the formula free of
- Hydration: can the vegan tinted moisturizer replace your day cream
- Coverage: how much does the vegan tinted moisturizer blur imperfections
- Finish: is it matte, dewy, or natural? the dewy finish should not look shiny
- Price: the price-quality ratio of vegan tinted moisturizers is everything
Why Trust Us
At Vegan Avenue, reviewing vegan makeup and vegan skincare products is something we do best. We have a good amount of experience with vegan tinted moisturizer ingredients and formulas that have the best impact on the skin.
FAQ About Vegan Tinted Moisturizers
Tinted moisturizers are not always vegan. Tinted moisturizers often include animal-derived ingredients and/or are animal tested.
The most typical ingredients that make a tinted moisturizer not vegan are beeswax, animal-derived glycerin, and lanolin.
BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Moisturizer is the best vegan tinted moisturizer.
The best selection of vegan tinted moisturizers is available on Amazon, Ulta, and Sephora.
No. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer is not considered vegan because Laura Mercier is a brand that still tests on animals.
The choice of vegan tinted moisturizers is great in 2023. You can find a high-quality vegan skin tint for every skin type and skin tone.
The best vegan tinted moisturizers are made by BareMinerals, 100% Pure, Lune+Aster, and some other excellent vegan and cruelty-free brands that favor clean and natural ingredients.
Once we find another vegan tinted moisturizer we really like, we will add it to this list.
Article updated on May 9 (2023): Changed the best vegan tinted moisturizer for men from Typology Tinted Serum to Woak C4 Tinted Moisturizers. Both vegan skin tints look natural and hydrate men’s skin well, Woak’s product offers just slightly better coverage.
Article updated on May 5 (2023): Changed the best vegan tinted moisturizer for dark skin from Fenty Beauty Eaze Drop Blurring Skin Tint to Ami Colé Skin-Enhancing Tinted Moisturizer. Both skin tints look great, the one from Ami Colé is just more moisturizing.