Dermatologists do not classify sensitive skin as an official skin type, so it can be hard to identify. If it burns after using a skincare product, is your skin sensitive? Yes, probably.
Sensitive skin also reacts more easily to cold winter conditions, humid air, sunlight, allergens, and much more. It is often irritated, red, and even swollen.
The constant tantrums from sensitive skin can be frustrating. Luckily, there are many good vegan skincare solutions to keep sensitive skin under control.
We have put down suggestions for vegan skincare for sensitive skin along with a list of vegan-friendly brands and vegan products for sensitive skin. Find our selection of hypoallergenic vegan skincare.
The Body Shop
Vegan Products For Sensitive Skin
Best Vegan Skincare Ingredients For Sensitive Skin
With sensitive skin, key ingredients are more important than complicated formulas. These are the best vegan skincare ingredients for sensitive skin.
- Vegan ceramides – ceramides are protective lipids that help keep sensitive skin from getting damaged. They form an outer skin barrier that is very important in protecting sensitive skin.
- Vegan fatty acids – fatty acids help nourish and hydrate sensitive skin. They are anti-inflammatory and help build and keep a strong skin barrier. Great vegan fatty acids for sensitive skin are argan, marula, rosehip, and jojoba oil.
- Vitamin E – vitamin E is one of the main skin vitamins. It soothes sensitive skin and has the ability to restore the skin’s natural protective barrier. In skincare, vitamin E is usually vegan.
- CBD and hemp seed oil – CBD and hemp seed oil have anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the appearance of skin irritation, redness, and swelling. They are also widely used in healing psoriasis or eczema.
- Colloidal oatmeal – colloidal oatmeal is one of the top ingredients for treating sensitive skin. It contains a great amount of protein and lipids and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Aloe – aloe is a natural healer that can calm inflamed skin and reduce itching. This gel-like substance has also anti-inflammatory properties for sensitive skin.
- Green tea – green tea is known to slow down the aging process and improve skin moisture levels. Its anti-inflammatory features suit well for sensitive skin.
- Chamomile – this herb is known for calming and soothing inside and out. It can also help nourish the skin and ward off environmental particles that can cause redness or swelling.
- Rose – rosewater is used to healing sunburn for its anti-inflammatory properties. It is also perfect for sensitive skin. Rose water can relieve dryness, flaking, and redness, and even treat mild acne and eczema.
- Vegan glycerin – glycerin is a humectant known to attract and hold moisture. Glycerin is also safe for sensitive skin. But careful as glycerin might be animal-derived. The vegan version is usually made of soy or coconut oils.
What To Look For In Vegan Skincare For Sensitive Skin
There are two types of sensitive skin: oily sensitive and dry sensitive. Make sure to know your type. Sensitive dry skin is often itchy, patchy and reacts easily to environmental changes.
Sensitive oily skin produces a lot of natural oils but is nevertheless sensitive and reacts to cold and hot weather conditions as well as strong skincare ingredients.
When dealing with oily sensitive skin, look for water-based vegan skincare that is hypoallergenic and avoid heavy oils and artificial additives.
If you have a sensitive dry skin type, it needs above all hydration and protection. Steer clear of skin-drying alcohols, fragrances, and essential oils.
Keep in mind that your skin can also be sensitized by outside factors. On top of choosing the right skincare, evaluate your lifestyle, diet, stress levels, and potential environmental irritants.
Best Vegan Skincare Routine For Sensitive Skin
Sensitive skin should use a gentle fragrance-free vegan cleanser. A good cleansing routine is important to avoid getting clogged with impurities and have an even skin tone.
A good vegan moisturizer for sensitive skin is non-comedogenic and made with ingredients that can stimulate the healing process. These usually include ceramides and colloidal oatmeal.
The best vegan sunscreen for sensitive skin is mineral and made with zinc oxide. Chemical sunscreens can be very irritating, so it is best to stay clear of those.
When trying new vegan skincare products for sensitive skin, we recommend patch testing.
Find a region of skin that is hidden away from the eye and try the new product out. Wait for 24 hours and see if the irritation occurs.
Best Vegan Skincare Brands For Sensitive Skin
Here are our favorite brands that carry vegan skincare for sensitive skin.
Pai Skincare is a British organic vegan skincare brand that specifically focuses on sensitive skin. With gentle and natural formulas, Pai tackles skin sensitivities like no other brand.
We love their gentle vegan moisturizer with chamomile and rosehip along with their camellia and rose cleanser. Together they calm sensitive skin and reduce redness.
PS Pai also offers free skincare consultations, so you can ask for more advice from their experts. When ordering on their site, the cream cleanser comes with a beautiful sensitive skin cloth.
- The Anthemis Soothing Moisturiser: Amazon, US Site, UK Site
- Middlemist Seven Gentle Cream Cleanser: Amazon, US Site, UK Site
- Century Flower Soothing Tonic: Amazon, US Site, UK Site
- The Light Fantastic Ceramide Face Oil: Amazon, US Site, UK Site
What does sensitive skin need? Protective ceramides. Pacifica Beauty has recently launched its very first fragrance-free Vegan Ceramide collection that deserves all our love.
The ceramide line is loaded with barrier-restoring ceramides, soothing calendula, and oat. The collection has an amazing barrier-restoring face cream, eye cream, cleanser, and serum.
The gentle ceramide collection is even endorsed by the Ezcema Association. Pacifica is also 100% vegan, so you can shop their affordable vegan skincare at peace.
- Vegan Ceramide Barrier Face Cream: Amazon, Ulta, Official Site
- Vegan Ceramide Extra Gentle Face Wash: Amazon, Ulta, Official Site
- Vegan Ceramide Barrier Eye Cream: Amazon, Ulta, Official Site
- Vegan Ceramide Barrier Face Serum: Ulta, Official Site
Though Andalou is not a fully vegan brand, their bestselling 1000 Roses collection for sensitive skin is vegan. And we’re glad since it is a really beautiful collection.
Made with rose stem cells and aloe vera, their 1000 Roses Beautiful Day Cream is our favorite vegan moisturizer for sensitive skin. It is super silky and hydrates sensitive skin well.
We love almost everything from this line. Combine their vegan moisturizer with nigt cream, serum and cleansing foam, and enjoy a simple, soothing regimen.
- Sensitive 1000 Roses Beautiful Day Cream: Amazon, Official Site
- Sensitive 1000 Roses Heavenly Night Cream: Amazon, Official Site
- Sensitive 1000 Roses Absolute Serum: Amazon, Official Site
- Sensitive 1000 Roses Cleansing Foam: Amazon, Official Site
KraveBeauty offers wonderful vegan skincare for sensitive skin. The Korean-inspired skincare brand is fully vegan and free of fragrance and essential oils.
We love their water-based day cream for sensitive skin. It is made with less than 9 ingredients and enriched with oat to soothe and gently nourish sensitive skin.
For nighttime, try the Matcha Hemp Hydrating cleanser. It calms the skin and also cleans away dirt, makeup, and sunscreen. We love that the cleanser does not leave the skin tight at all.
- Oat So Simple Water Cream: Amazon, Official Site
- Great Barrier Relief Serum: Amazon, Official Site
- Matcha Hemp Hydrating Cleanser: Official Site
Drunk Elephant is a safe choice when looking for vegan skincare for sensitive skin. They offer clean skin food that is free of silicones, fragrance, and other harsh additives.
Their Jelly Cleanser with plant-based glycerin takes gentle care of sensitive skin. It does not dry the skin out and improves the skin condition after routine use.
It’s a good idea to pair the cleanser with Lala Retro ceramide moisturizer and B-Hydra Hydration Serum. Many serums can aggravate sensitivity but this one soothes and calms.
We can also recommend Drunk Elephant’s Virgin Marula Luxury Oil when dealing with sensitivity as well as dryness. It absorbs quickly and lets the skin breathe.
- Lala Retro Whipped Moisturizer: Amazon, Sephora
- Jelly Beste No. 9 Jelly Cleanser: Amazon, Sephora
- B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum: Amazon, Sephora
- Virgin Marula Luxury Face Oil: Amazon, Sephora
This Australian natural vegan skincare brand is always free of synthetic additives and fragrance. Sukin also carries a reliable collection dedicated to sensitive skin.
Their sensitive products are infused with soothing cucumber, aloe vera, and chamomile. The moisturizers also include jojoba oil and vitamin E which we love for everyday hydration.
If you are looking for a vegan face mask for sensitive skin, you should generally be careful. But Sukin Naturals Pink Clay Facial Mask is one of the safe ones.
- Sensitive Face Moisturizer: Amazon, Walmart
- Sensitive Calming Night Cream: Amazon, Walmart
- Sensitive Gel Cleanser: Amazon, Walmart
- Sensitive Pink Clay Face Mask: Amazon, Walmart
Female-owned vegan skincare brand High Beauty creates high-quality vegan skincare with soothing and repairing hemp seed oil. All their products are suitable for sensitive skin.
We love the combination of High Priority Cleansing Foam and High Five Facial Moisturizes. From time to time, you can also use High Expectations Facial Oil for extra nourishment.
- High Five Facial Moisturizer: Official Site
- High Priority Cleansing Foam: Official Site
- High Expectations Facial Oil: Official Site
The Body Shop
The Body Shop is well-known for its good quality products at a reasonable price. And today, a vast majority of their products are vegan.
For sensitive skin, we recommend combining their Aloe skincare line products with their Chamomile gentle makeup removers. Both lines are tailored to sensitive skin.
The Chamomile collection concentrates only on the eye area and is made with calming chamomile oil. Aloe line offers every other product essential for sensitive skin.
- Aloe Soothing Day Cream: Amazon, Official Site
- Aloe Calming Toner: Amazon, Official Site
- Camomile Sumptous Cleansing Butter: Amazon, Official Site
Best Vegan Skincare Products For Sensitive Skin
Sensitive skin should opt for skincare solutions with short and simple ingredient lists. These are our favorite vegan skincare products for sensitive skin in 2023.
Best Vegan Moisturizer For Sensitive Skin
Andalou 1000 Roses is the best vegan moisturizer for sensitive skin. We especially love its lightweight and velvety texture. It calms the skin with aloe vera and rose stem cells. Vitamins and fatty acids from rosehip oil and pomegranate gently nourish and improve sensitive skin.
Best Vegan Serum For Sensitive Skin
The bestselling Great Barrier Relief Serum was made with skin sensitivity in mind. In fact, its main goal is to fix the broken skin barrier. This vegan serum uses a combination of actives and nourishing plant oils like Tamanu oil soothe and restore sensitive skin.
Best Vegan Cleanser For Sensitive Skin
Middlemist Seven is our all-time favorite vegan cleanser for sensitive skin. Made with soothing camellia and rose, it gives the skin a mild but thorough cleanse while protecting the skin’s PH balance. The cleanser comes with a gentle cleansing cloth that sensitive skin will love.
Best Vegan Toner For Sensitive Skin
We love this vegan aloe toner from The Body Shop. It calms and soothes sensitive skin while its healing and hydrating ingredients provide protection. The soft liquid also helps reinforce a healthy skin barrier that is often compromised in sensitive skin types.
Best Vegan Face Oil For Sensitive Skin
Emerald is a cult-favorite CBD face oil that comes highly recommended for sensitive skin. It has currently two versions available – one made with CBD and other with hemp seed oil. In both cases, the vegan oil soothes and de-stresses sensitive skin beautifully.
Best Vegan Eye Cream For Sensitive Skin
Sensitive skin tends to have an even more sensitive eye area. That’s why our top pick for vegan eye cream for sensitive skin is this safe vegan ceramide cream. The lightweight cream is dermatologist tested, it hydrates the skin and protects it from the environment.
Best Vegan Face Mask For Sensitive Skin
This vegan face mask for sensitive skin is made from a blend of pink and red clays which gently remove environmental pollutants from the skin. It also uses organic plant-based ingredients like aloe vera and chamomile to nourish and protect the skin.
Best Vegan Sunscreen For Sensitive Skin
Sensitive skin needs a gentle mineral sunscreen like this one. The Goddess Garden is effective, broad-spectrum, and made with chemical-free minerals like zinc. The daily vegan sunscreen is also reef-safe, sheer, breathable, and water-resistant.
Best Vegan Skincare Kit For Sensitive Skin
Derma E Sensitive Skin Set has an excellent great price-quality ratio. Specially formulated for sensitive skin, the kit includes a soothing and hydrating moisturizer, cleanser, and vegan body lotion. Derma E is fully vegan and so is everything in this set.
Shop on: Official Site
FAQ About Vegan Skincare For Sensitive Skin
The best vegan-friendly ingredients for oily skin include vegan ceramides, vegan fatty acids, CBD, colloidal oatmeal, aloe, green tea, chamomile, and vegan glycerin.
You can find the best selection of vegan skincare for sensitive skin from the skincare brands like Drunk Elephant, Pacifica Beauty, Pai Skincare, and Sukin.
The best vegan moisturizer for sensitive skin is Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Beautiful Day Cream. It has gentle plant-based ingredients like aloe vera and alpine rose stem cells.
You will find the best selection of vegan skincare for sensitive skin online – especially on Amazon and Sephora.
If you are looking for hypoallergenic vegan skincare for sensitive skin, we hope you found some inspiration from this article.
Keep in mind to choose clean and non-irritant vegan ingredients and stay away from alcohol, fragrances, and other artificial additives.
Cleanse, use vegan toner, and vegan moisturizer, and by any means – do not forget to use vegan mineral sunscreen daily.
See also: Vegan Skincare, 100% Vegan Skincare Brands, Vegan Skincare For Dry Skin, Vegan Skincare For Oily Skin, Vegan Skincare For Acne-Prone Skin, Vegan Skincare For Combination Skin, Vegan Anti-Aging Skincare, Vegan Moisturizers, Vegan Face Oils, Vegan Serums