Aveda, a prominent natural beauty and wellness brand, was founded in 1978 by Horst Rechelbacher. Horst, an Austrian-born hairstylist and entrepreneur, established Aveda in Blaine, Minnesota, USA. Aveda is owned by Estée Lauder. Aveda’s website is https://www.aveda.com/.
Inspired by his interest in holistic remedies, plant-based solutions, and Ayurvedic principles, Horst aimed to create a brand that harmonized beauty, wellness, and environmental sustainability.
Aveda’s philosophy revolves around using naturally derived ingredients, eco-friendly practices, and a commitment to environmental responsibility, establishing itself as a leader in the realm of eco-conscious beauty. But is Aveda vegan?
Is Aveda Vegan?
Yes. Aveda is 100% vegan. Aveda confirms its vegan status on its website. And we quote: “As of January 1, 2021, Aveda is 100% vegan.”
Aveda Vegan Overview
Is a vegan brand: yes
Uses non-vegan ingredients: no
Has a vegan selection: yes
Tests on animals: no
Sold where animal testing is mandatory: no
Has a parent company that tests on animals: yes (Estée Lauder)
Does Aveda Have Official Vegan Certifications?
Yes. Aveda is a vegan brand and certified vegan by PETA.
Does Aveda Test on Animals?
No. Aveda is cruelty-free. It confirmed its cruelty-free status on its website. We quote Aveda’s website: “Aveda is a cruelty-free brand. We do not test on animals and never ask others to do so on our behalf. Our products are “people-tested.” Being a cruelty-free brand is an important part of our mission to care for the world we live in and for those we live with, and has been since our founding in 1978.”
Is Aveda Certified Cruelty-Free?
Yes. Aveda is certified cruelty-free by organizations PETA and Leaping Bunny.
Who Owns Aveda?
Aveda is owned by Estée Lauder Companies, a multinational conglomerate that owns several renowned beauty and skincare brands. Estée Lauder acquired Aveda in 1997 and has since maintained its commitment to Aveda’s mission of natural, eco-conscious beauty. However, Estée Lauder Companies is not cruelty-free. Therefore, Aveda is owned by a non-cruelty-free parent company.
Which Aveda Products Are Vegan?
All Aveda products are vegan. Therefore, we have made a bestselling list of Aveda vegan products below.
The Bestselling List Of Aveda Vegan Products
- Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
- Shampure™ Nurturing Shampoo
- Botanical Repair™ Strengthening Shampoo
- Invati Advanced™ Exfoliating Shampoo Light
- Nutriplenish™ Leave-In Conditioner
- Rosemary Mint Weightless Conditioner
- Cherry Almond Softening Conditioner
- Shampure™ Nurturing Conditioner
Vegan Scalp Treatments:
- Scalp Solutions Overnight Scalp Renewal Serum
- Scalp Solutions Balancing Shampoo
- Invati Advanced™ Scalp Revitalizer
- Scalp Solutions Refreshing Protective Mist
Vegan Hair Styling Products:
- Be Curly™ Curl Enhancer
- Nutriplenish™ Leave-In Conditioner
- Air Control™ Light Hold Hair Spray
- Phomollient™ Styling Foam
- Botanical Kinetics™ Hydrating Lotion
- Hand Relief™ Moisturizing Creme
- Botanical Kinetics™ Purifying Gel Cleanser
- Foot Relief™ Moisturizing Creme
- Botanical Kinetics™ Exfoliant
- Lip Saver™
- Botanical Kinetics™ Purifying Creme Cleanser
- Botanical Kinetics™ Toning Mist
Aveda is a natural beauty and wellness brand rooted in Blaine, Minnesota, USA. Aveda emphasizes holistic remedies, plant-based solutions, and sustainability. It’s a pioneer in eco-conscious beauty, committed to naturally derived ingredients and environmental responsibility.
Aveda stands as a 100% vegan and cruelty-free brand, certified by PETA and Leaping Bunny.
We hope that all skincare and makeup brands like Aveda will take on the goal of going cruelty-free and fully vegan one day. Until then keep checking in on Vegan Avenue for an updated vegan product list.
See also: Best Vegan Skincare Brands