Milani is an American cosmetics brand. Laurie Minc, a former art teacher, founded Milani in 2002 with the vision of offering high-quality, affordable makeup products that cater to a diverse range of customers.
In 2018, Gryphon Investors, a private equity firm, acquired a majority stake in Milani Cosmetics, making them the parent company of the cosmetics brand. Milani Cosmetics is headquartered in Los Angeles, California, United States. Milani’s website is https://www.milanicosmetics.com/.
Milani’s commitment to inclusivity and providing luxurious beauty products at accessible prices has made it a popular choice among makeup enthusiasts. As said, the company has the goal to cater to a wide range of skin tones and types. But what about animal-free products — is Milani also vegan?
Is Milani Vegan?
No. Milani is not fully vegan but it has many vegan products. In addition, Milani is PETA-certified cruelty-free, and does not test on animals.
Milani Vegan Overview
Is a vegan brand: no
Uses non-vegan ingredients: yes
Has a vegan selection: yes
Tests on animals: no
Sold where animal testing is mandatory: no
Has a parent company that tests on animals: no
Does Milani Have Official Vegan Certifications?
No. Milani is not a vegan brand and has no official vegan certifications from organizations such as The Vegan Society or PETA.
Has Milani indicated going vegan?
No. Milani has not indicated going fully vegan.
Does Milani Test on Animals?
No. Milani does not test on animals at any stage of production.
Is Milani Certified Cruelty-Free?
Yes. Milani is PETA-certified and cruelty-free. In addition, the brand states on its website that it is not testing on animals anywhere in the world.
Who Owns Milani?
Milani was founded by Laurie Minc, a former art teacher, in 2002. However, in 2018, Gryphon Investors, a private equity firm, acquired a majority stake in Milani Cosmetics.
It is not clear whether or not Gryphon Investors is a cruelty-free firm or not as they do not usually invest in cosmetics.
Which Milani Products Are Vegan?
Not all Milani’s products are vegan. Therefore, we have made a full list of Milani’s vegan products below.
Full List Of Milani Vegan Products
Vegan Foundations, Concealers, And Powders:
- Conceal + Perfect Undereye Brightener
- Conceal + Perfect Longwear Concealer
- Conceal + Perfect Shine-Proof Powder
- Conceal + Perfect Smooth Finish Cream To Powder
- Glow Hydrating Skin Tint
- Silky Matte Bronzing Powder
- Soft Focus Glow Complexion Enhancer
- Supercharged Brightening Undereye Tint
Vegan Blushes, Bronzers And Highlighters:
- Baked Blush
- Baked Bronzer
- Luminoso Cheek Kiss Liquid Blush Highlight
- Cheek Kiss Blush Palettes
- Cheek Kiss Cream Blush
- Cheek Kiss Liquid Blush
- Glow Luminizing Liquid Bronzer
- Peach Baked Blush
- Stellar Lights Highlighter Palette – Rose Glow
- Strobelight Instant Glow Powder Highlighter
Vegan Lipsticks And Lipliners:
- Stay Put Liquid Lip Longwear Lipstick
- Color Fetish Matte Lipstick
- Fruit Fetish Lip Oils
- Color Fetish Balm Lipstick
- Fruit Fetish Lip Balm
- Highly Rated Diamond Lip Gloss
- Keep It Full Maxxx Lip Plumper
- Understatement Lipliner
- Peach Moisturizing Lip Tint
- Peach Ludicrous Lip Gloss
- Cherry Ludicrous Lip Gloss
- Daze Of Disco Color Fetish Matte Lipstick
- Highly Rated Diamond Shimmer Gloss
- Flora Tinted Lip Balm
- Easyliner Mechanical Lipliner Pencil
- Color Statement Lipliner
- Stay Put Infinite Liner
- Eye Tech Extreme Liquid Eyeliner
- Supreme Kohl Kajal Eyeliner
- Stay Put Tank Eyeliner
- Highly Rated Lash Extensions Mascara
- Highly Rated Anti-Gravity Mascara
- Highly Rated Waterproof Mascara
Vegan Eyebrow Products:
- Precision Brow Pencil
- Stay Put® Brow Color
- Stay Put® Brow Pomade Pencil
- Stay Put® Brow Sculpting Mechanical Pencil
- The Clear Brow
- Weekend Brow Eyebrow Tint
- No Pore Zone Mattifying Primer
- Bright Side Illuminating Primer
- Chill Out Soothing Primer
- Spf Bff Spf 30 Primer
- Skin Quench Hydrating Primer
- Eyeshadow Primer
Vegan Setting Products:
- Make It Dewy 3-In-1 Setting Spray Hydrate + Illuminate + Set
- Make It Last Mattifying Setting Powder
- Make It Last Setting Spray Jumbo Size
- Make It Last Setting Spray Prime + Correct + Set
Vegan Makeup Brushes:
- Rose Butter Lip Mask
- Rose Sugar Lip Scrub
- Rose Transforming Lip Balm
- Green Goddess Transforming Lip Balm
- Green Goddess Makeup Melter Cleansing Balm
- Green Goddess Hydrating Facial Mist
- Green Goddess Hydrating Eye Cream
- Green Goddess Glow Oil
- Supercharged Citrus Lip Mask
- Supercharged Lip Scrub
- Supercharged Lip Balm
- Rose Face Oil
- Glow Gel Cleanser
- Green Goddess Sleeping Mask + Primer
- Supercharged Brightening Prep Mask
- Supercharged Dewy Primer
- Supercharged Revitalizing Facial Mist
- Aqua Bloom Hydrate + Replenish Water Cream
- Aqua Bloom Hydrate + Replenish Jelly Mask
- Avocado Nourishing Facial Sheet Mask
- Avocado Clear Lip Balm
- Cherry Sugar Lip Scrub
- Cherry Brightening Eye Sheet Mask
Milani is an American cosmetics brand founded in 2002 to provide high-quality, affordable makeup products for diverse customers. While not entirely vegan, Milani offers many vegan products and is PETA-certified cruelty-free, ensuring they do not conduct animal testing.
Although Milani has not indicated a complete transition to vegan products, they continue to work towards catering to a wide range of skin tones and types.
We hope that all the skincare brands like Milani will take on the goal of going cruelty-free and fully vegan one day. Until then keep checking in on Vegan Avenue for an updated vegan product list.