Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist was the first product I tried from Herbivore Botanicals. I researched the brand and really liked its ethos, so I wanted to start out with something simple.
I can really recommend this vegan face mist if you like gentle, natural ingredients. It gives you a nice spritz of hydration and a soothing experience. The mist is very fine and light.
Shop the face mist: Amazon, Sephora
Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist Specs
Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist is an award-winning vegan face mist that sets out to soothe and hydrate the skin. The mist uses only natural and organic ingredients such as:
- Rose water (organic)
- Coconut water
- Aloe leaf water
- Hibiscus extract (organic)
- Hyaluronic acid
- Glycerin (organic)
This face mist really is natural. It’s great that even hyaluronic acid and glycerin in this mist are derived from natural ingredients. Nothing synthetic, no dyes, no fragrances.
The key player in this mist is clearly rose. I happen to love rosewater sprays, so this is like an amped-up version. The rose should give a good antioxidant protection and calm the skin.
This vegan mist also softens the skin and fights dullness with malic acid from the hibiscus flower. So this cocktail of natural ingredients sounds very promising.
Is Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist Good?
Herbivore’s Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist is a good face mist. The fine mist wakes up your skin as well as calms your mind with a subtle rose scent. Along with natural extracts, the mist has also some great hydrating ingredients such as hyaluronic acid and glycerin.
Would I exchange this mist for my Klairs Supple Preparation Unscented Toner? I would not. I prefer toners over mists and this toner has improved my skin more than this face mist. But I have enjoyed the Rose Hibiscus Face Mist more than any other face mist I’ve tried.
Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist Pros
These are the pros of Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist.
- Fine mist – Very fresh and fine mist which really makes for a great product experience. It just feels good on your skin, the mist is completely non-sticky.
- Light rose scent – It smells like roses but the rose scent is not overpowering at all. It’s rather subtle and soothing.
- Natural ingredients – This vegan mist is 100% synthetic-free and only made from organic and natural ingredients. The mist should be gentle enough for all skin types.
- Nice hydration boost – It gives you a nice spritz of hydration and fits well under serums and moisturizers. The mist can also ease flakiness.
Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist Cons
These are the cons of Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist.
- Rose scent is not for everybody – While the rose scent is quite faint and natural, it’s still not everybody’s cup of tea. So if you expected to smell a bouquet of coconut, hibiscus, and rose, you will just have to settle with rose.
- It doesn’t reduce redness – The mist should soothe and calm the skin but I don’t think it’s powerful enough to do that. It hasn’t reduced any redness in my skin.
- It’s not enough for dry skin – This mist is not hydrating enough for dry skin. It can even contribute to dryness if the hyaluronic acid does not get deep enough into your skin.
- It’s quite expensive – Compared to other face mists, 34 dollars is quite pricey. Especially if you think about how cheap regular rosewater sprays are.
FAQ About Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist
Yes. Everything from Herbivore Botanicals is vegan.
As far as face mists go, this one is really worth it. It’s a very fine mist that feels lovely on the skin. And it only uses natural ingredients.
Spritz it onto clean skin or over makeup. Use as often as needed.
Why Trust Us
Vegan Avenue’s review of Herbivore Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist has not been incentivized. We bought the product because we wanted to try a good-quality vegan face mist.
Before writing up a review, we used the mist over an extended period of time. Read more about how we review products and brands.
Herbivore Botanicals has made a beautiful vegan face mist from natural ingredients. The face mist works for all skin types, including sensitive skin. It also goes well under a serum or a moisturizer. On a hot summer day, it’s a good fresh spritz on its own.
The Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist provides the skin with some hydration but more than that, it gives a pleasant sensorial experience. The mist feels nice, smells nice, and simultaneously soothes and refreshes your face and mind.